1. raz abbs is offline Rusted Banger

Default size of headphone jack in uk and where to buy?

Hey peeps

couple of questions.

Got my elite today and VGA cable but didnt get no sound (dw this aint question)

I need a Y-Adaptor and a Coupler. BUT i went on to "Radioshack" but they dont ship to the uk (shocking)

So, does UK use 1/8" headphone jacks, or 1/4" jacks? and where can i get them

If you could post links that would be great, thanks

Happy gaming

2. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

a few Q's ...

1. What are you ACTUALLY trying to do?
    2. Why aren't you just using a Component Cable?
    3. Why did you go onto the 'Radioshack' website and not 'Maplin' (the UK equivalent)?

Oh headphone jack sizes are 6.5mm and 3.5mm ... 3.5mm is the size of the jack you'll find on mp3 players, most tvs, your pc etc ... 6.5mm on stereo amplifiers and stereo seperate systems

Hybrid
    Last edited by YeOldeTDUMan; 09/03/08 at 08:00 AM.
    I'd rather be topless !

3. raz abbs is offline Rusted Banger

im connecting my 360 to pc monitor through VGA cable and speakers to 360 through y adaptor and coupler and thanks very much for answering Q

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Is this the cable your connecting to the monitor with?

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardwa...-VGA-AV-Cable/

If yes, then you just want a splitter for the audio cable so it goes to the monitor and a HI-FI system or just extenders for the audio so they reach a HI FI system?

Here is the page on maplins with all the splitters/extenders/phono to 3.5mm jack etc probably get what you want here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...t!%20-%20Phono

Nodz

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Did you not get the Y Splitter in the box? I know when I bought the VGA cable it was supplied in the box with the cables. Maybe have a quick check.

[+] Just checked Elite only comes with HDMI and Component it seems so all you need to do is buy the VGA cable for the 360 and you'll be sorted.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...e/Product.html
    I'm a bit mental.

6. raz abbs is offline Rusted Banger

No y spliter thing in VGA, i bought a crappy madcatz one :@ lol

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

ahh you failed the basic rule of thumb when buying accessories etc

usually the offical one is better ... ok sometimes you pay a little more ... but at least it should work!
    I'd rather be topless !