1. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »
    I really hope Merc have been good.

TIL North Korea makes cars: Yes, North Korea makes cars, and here are the latest models
    Pyeonghwa Motors, whose name is Korean for “peace,”

They provide spare parts? I'd imagine turning up there to tell them your government produced vehicle broke would be enough for execution.

Also, the ads on that site absolutely murdered this computer.

2. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

@VW

According to a German news site, the CO2 problem was brought to light by a whistleblower and not by intern tests. They could not meet the Effizienzklasse A in Germany. Also, 98k gasoline cars are affected.

3. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas¹ »

They provide spare parts? I'd imagine turning up there to tell them your government produced vehicle broke would be enough for execution.

Also, the ads on that site absolutely murdered this computer.
    Paha, never even thought of that.

"Hi, my car needs a service.."
    "You sure about that?"
    "Nope, you're right, it's the best car in the world!..."
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

4. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

NK has been making cars since the 80's, and they like Mercs. In 89 they've imported a few 190E's and copied them.

(guy in the white undershirt looks like your typical W140 driver)
    Last edited by The Compensator; 04/11/15 at 18:08 PM.

5. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I'd love to drive a NK 190E. I can't imagine it being as well engineered, but that's half the fun
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

Despite allocating $10b + to fixing their emissions, VAG are still maintaining a few expensive projects, including

* their Veyron replacement, the Chiron. 100 orders are already on the books. Everything is improved, including the rumored 1500bhp output.
    * Audi LMP programme for 2016

7. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I wonder what the margins are on the Chiron, the Veyron cost them more to make than what they sold for, I'm assuming it can't be the same with the Chiron when they really need money
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

8. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The main reason: Piëch.

He's the one behind the W8 Passat, Veyron, Phaeton, and other economically unprofitable projects.

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Mr.Orlove from Jalopnik is most usually known for being extremely weird (very humorous because of this, it's his 'thing'), at times it can come across as tiring and taking away from the story being discussed, but I have new respect for the guy after reading this article, great automotive journalism and a really interesting read:

The Mysterious, Disputed Birth Of Americas Greatest Supercar

It's an article that tries to discover just how Saleen came about making the S7 and how it's a story covered in lies, secrets and mystery. It's not a short article but it's a very interesting read nonetheless.

Quite cool that another of America's greatest supercars has a fair amount of british blood running through its veins, along with the AC Cobra and the Ford GT40

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Driving instructors 'may offer lessons in return for sex', Netherlands government confirms - Telegraph

Driving Instructors In The Netherlands Can Now Be Paid In Sex

The government in the Netherlands has clarified that it is legal for driving instructors to offer lessons in return for sex, as long as the students are over the age of 18.

11. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

*mumbles something about a saturated second-hand market*...

Oops.

Anyway, 'interesting development' is one way you could call it, I guess. And with the average prices for average driving school lesson packs (20-30 practice lessons..... driving that is.... the car ofcourse, after having self-studied the theory and do 1 theory exam) usually between 1500 and 2500 euros, this might sound like a deal to quite some.

This makes me curious though, somebody must be going to track the numbers behind this. This could get awkward.

That Saleen S7 story btw was an awesome read... maybe it also explains why the S5S eventually never made it, considering which parties it took to get just the S7 off the ground.
    Last edited by CLR-GTR; 24/12/15 at 14:41 PM.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

13. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I think they need to set aside more money.

Let's say they buy the cars back for an average of $5,000(probably work out at more. Pretty sure a 5 year old Golf is worth more) then that's gonna cost them over half a billion... And then the cost of putting the other 500,000 cars right. All the lawsuits and then the rest of the world. Happy 2016 VW!

And does anyone else read that website as Arse Technica?

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

So, Lamborghini boss Stephan Winkelmann is leaving for Audi's Quattro division (developing the RS audis). His tenure at Lambo has been an odd one, he's a very principled character and quite stuck in his ways. His way of dealing with the press has been criticised (Chris Harris being a good example of this, his opinion of Winkelmann is quite easily found on the interwebz ).

The new Lambo boss will be Stefano Domenicali, you might recognise that name as he used to be the boss at Ferrari's F1 team. He wasn't exactly the most successful team principle by the end of his shift at scuderia.

What will this mean? Lambo focusing more on motorsports? (F1 in the future perhaps..... VAG have been sniffing around that sport and we've had it confirmed that they'd have got into bed with Red Bull if it wasn't for dieselgate).

He is a very likable chap from the interviews i've seen wit him in F1 so hopefully this will be an improvement in lambo's PR

Lamborghini appoints former Ferrari F1 chief Stefano Domenicali as boss | Autocar

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That is a very cat amongst the pigeons type of appointment. Don't get me wrong he is probably ideal for the job and knows his stuff but it just seems unusual to have someone who was quite a figure at Ferrari being in charge of Lamborghini. Even more so when you realise that it is the 100th anniversary of the birth of the founder, Ferruccio Lamborghini this year.

I gotta say though, would love love love to see Lambo in F1.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Just to back up my point on Chris Harris' opinion of Winkelmann

17. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Interesting article on Jalopnik saying they think Google and Fiat/Chrysler might be hooking up sometime soon: Is Google About To Team Up With Fiat Chrysler?Âla

The real question is if this happens, will Marchionne continue looking for another automotive company to merge with? The article above seems to think so. He's been very very open and quite desperate about his plans to merge FCA with someone big so i'd tend to agree with it.

18. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by iMyk »
    Interesting article on Jalopnik saying they think Google and Fiat/Chrysler might be hooking up sometime soon: Is Google About To Team Up With Fiat Chrysler?Âla

The real question is if this happens, will Marchionne continue looking for another automotive company to merge with? The article above seems to think so. He's been very very open and quite desperate about his plans to merge FCA with someone big so i'd tend to agree with it.
    It all sounds... odd. It just seems illogical to partner up with Fiat when there are a number of other more technically capable car companies out there who'd probably be interested. If you didn't want to work with a luxury car maker like Mercedes then why not Toyota? They're pretty good at the tech side of things

And yeah, if he's looking to partner with a company to share parts, costs, and manufacturing then Google probably aren't going to be it.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

20. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Supposedly the Mulsanne might have an EV variant sometime 's**n': Bentley Mulsanne to swap its V8 for electric power | Autocar

It makes complete and perfect sense really? Limos are popular in China, where low emissions is essential for the world to continue to function haha, these high end Marques need to lower their emissions by law, EVs are quiet and have crazy torque which is perfect for a Limo.

My only question is about charging times tbh, If you need to take a 300 mile trip and you own a Mulsanne EV, I can't imagine CEOs etc have the time to be sat at a charging station for an hour