Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Default Upcoming Movies

Hey s!

I'm not sure if we currently have a thread to discuss movie trailers and films we're looking forward to seeing on TDUCK, we have Thread to discuss films and TV we've already seen but I think a place to discuss upcoming films would be good too.

Has anyone else read the book The Martian here? I thought it was great, the trailer for the movie was released earlier and it looks amazing, though beware this is one of those trailers that gives away 99% of the plot, coming November 25:

Something a bit different, released this month and looks rather fun:

With Jurassic World coming out soon too, anyone looking forward to that? It's not my favourite kind of film so I won't be rushing out to the cinema to see it I don't think. I do like Chris Pratt though
    Last edited by TIMELESS; 10/01/16 at 21:15 PM. Reason: Fixing Mike's grammar

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I like watching a good movie but not a big cinemagoer and tend to catch films on Film 4 or other freeview stations when they are on.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

Jimmy Fallon cameos in Jurassic World.

I'm not a big movie buff so that's probably my contribution to this thread for the next 6 months

4. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Just a couple that I am looking forward to

I am a big fan of John Green's books and really enjoyed Paper Towns so I can't wait to see the movie adaptation of it.

I found the first Ted movie highly entertaining and I am looking forward to this one too. (trailer is NSFW)

I will probably be contributing to this thread every now and then as I enjoy watching movies.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

5. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Would have liked to read your warning on The Martian's trailer before I watched it lol. Still, gotta watch that movie

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by TDUFREAK500 »
    Just a couple that I am looking forward to

I am a big fan of John Green's books and really enjoyed Paper Towns so I can't wait to see the movie adaptation of it.

I will probably be contributing to this thread every now and then as I enjoy watching movies.
    Glad to hear.

I'm also interested in Paper Towns, I'm intrigued to see if Cara Delevigne will life up to the hype as an actress or crash and burn, I'd quite like her to do well but I'm a but dubious at the moment. I too like John Green's books and I hope the film is half decent.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Ted 2! Liked the first one and the trailer for the second one looks good.

Also this

8. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I'm gonna go check out Jurassic World next week to see if it's any good

9. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Quote Originally Posted by Myk »
    Glad to hear.

I'm also interested in Paper Towns, I'm intrigued to see if Cara Delevigne will life up to the hype as an actress or crash and burn, I'd quite like her to do well but I'm a but dubious at the moment. I too like John Green's books and I hope the film is half decent.
    From what I have seen in the trailers she looks like she will be a decent actor, and from what John Green has said she has a very good understanding of Margo. I really hope it's going to be a good film, I'm sure it will be as there is a lot of the same people working on it that worked on TFIOS.

Also the trailer for Mockingjay Part 2 was released today, I am really excited for it!
    Last edited by TDUFREAK500; 10/06/15 at 07:58 AM.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Saw that Indepedence Day 2 (sans Smith) is due for 2016. Picture shows a planet-sized alien ship firing on the earth so that will be interesting to see, also hope the aliens have updated their firewalls!
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Got 4 seconds into that Hunger Games trailer before realising it probably isn't a good idea until I watch Part 1

Also

This film can do no wrong, I'll be sat in the cinema with a grin from ear-to-ear even if it is an awful film, because bond.

12. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

1 minute +.... nope too much spoilers....no must resist screw it.

Edit:

13. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Yah, so many awful film trailers at the moment. They shouldell us the rough plot, trailers such as the Martian give us questions and answers (followed by more questions), we should just be left with a lot of questions to be answered instead. The bond video works well as it is just a rough teaser and yes, we know once whoever gets in that place takes off it's going to come down but we don't have any idea how important that is to the plot etc. That will most likely be a 3-4 minute part of the film and we don't even know what it's about etc, whereas the whole explosions and the people rescuing Damon in the Martians shows us way too much, we know basically what's going to happen as a consequence to the first half of the film simply due to the trailer.

14. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Completely agree, it's kind of silly and the way I see it is now when I eventually watch the film be it on release or later I will remember it and it's going to take the edge out of the movie, that's why I like to keep trailers to a minimum and leave it all for the release day.

15. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

I can't resist trailers haha, especially trailers for films based on books I enjoy

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

16. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

This looks spectacular

The end of the trailer is fantastic.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

17. Ryzza5 is offline .

5% barking at people going by, but yet, 95% that's what mine do all day when out.

18. Rassva is offline Lannister

Last edited by Rassva; 18/06/15 at 08:53 AM.

19. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

He got shockingly huge. It's absolutely terrifying

----

Coming s**n, to theaters near you!

Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

Honestly really surprised to see a sequel to ID, I always thought it was one of those films that doesn't need a sequel, I guess it's perhaps a bit of a cash grab? Either way, it'll be interesting to see. Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox and Brent Spiner will be reprising their original roles, sadly no Will Smith Release date is June 2016.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

20. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Written by Aaron Sorkin and staring Jeff Daniels, what more do I need to know?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Page 1 of 3 123 Last