1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Man takes car on six-day test drive

CANBERRA (Reuters) - An Australian who took a new car on a 1,988 mile six-day test drive from the city to the outback has been arrested, police said on Thursday.

The 30-year-old convinced a car dealer in the southeastern city of Melbourne to lend him a A$40,000 (19,000 pound) Honda Accord sedan last Friday and drove the equivalent of London to Istanbul before he was arrested near the town of Tennant Creek, deep in the outback of the Northern Territory.

"He drove from Melbourne to Adelaide to Alice Springs," Tennant Creek police Constable James Gray-Spence told Reuters.

He said the man was arrested without incident at a road block on his way north to Darwin after he failed to pay for fuel at a hamlet.

The test drive was the longest known to Australian police and topped a 500km theft on New Zealand's South Island in 2006.

"I think we've topped that with the 3,000 km mark," Gray-Spence said.
    Melbourne car yard owner Ian McKenzie said the man would have had to have been in the car all day, every day to reach Tennant Creek.

"He seemed a legitimate gentleman. He stood at the desk right in front of a camera. He wasn't afraid of being photographed or videoed," McKenzie told the Herald Sun newspaper.

The man was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a motor vehicle and unlawful possession of property and will appear in court on Thursday.

(Reporting by Rob Taylor, editing by Jonathan Standing)

2. Nige is offline Buy American ....

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is a bit dumb though I mean he took a Honda Accord for a test drive yet Australia is well known for its V8 saloons so If I was him I would have taken out a Holden Commodore (One of these beauties!):

The guy is dumb lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

3. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

haha classic

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Brilliant! Only i'd take something more interesting.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Haha, nice one, kinda reminds me of when Knoxville gets the rental car in the first Jackass movie and smashes it up, and then says there shouldn't be a problem returning it because it still has a full tank of gas lmao.

Anyway, any details on how long he's been arrested for?
    Last edited by DriftNismo; 07/03/08 at 19:20 PM.

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Haha thats really funny

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

What a tool.

8. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by nige7 »
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is a bit dumb though I mean he took a Honda Accord for a test drive yet Australia is well known for its V8 saloons so If I was him I would have taken out a Holden Commodore (One of these beauties!):

The guy is dumb lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAHA I go past that dealership he stole it from all the time . He took the Car from a Honda dealership in Frankston (a popular town in melbourne's south east suburb's where i live ) Which suprisingly is exactly across the road from a Holden dealership

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

What an idiot lol.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

I'd take a VXR8...maybe he'll be able to outrun them then...until he needs petrol

11. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

I bet he saw this "stealing car plan" in a movie

12. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Right you are KTF, it was Knoxville.

13. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    HAHA I go past that dealership he stole it from all the time . He took the Car from a Honda dealership in Frankston (a popular town in melbourne's south east suburb's where i live ) Which suprisingly is exactly across the road from a Holden dealership
    That makes the guy even more dumb !!!!!!!!!!

A medioka () Honda Accord Saloon or a nice V8 Commodore ?????

no competition really is there ??????
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

14. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

that's a class story ... great find Nodz
    I'd rather be topless !