Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Default Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

Hey,

I think a lot of think 'Ooooh, that's quite an important car release, people will have an opinion on that!' but then 'cba making a new thread/is it worthy of its own thread?' so I think one thread for everything* might be a good idea!

*If it's something you think will get a lot of discussion going feel more than free to make its own thread of course!

---------------------------------------

2016 Ford Focus RS:

Stats:

- 320bhp 2.3 litre Engine
    - AWD front engined,]
    - 320+ lbs/ft of torque with torque vectoring.
    - No 0-60/top speed stats as of yet.

Ferrari 488 GTB:

Stats:
    - 660 horsepower 3.8 Turbocharged engine
    - 0-60 in 3.0 seconds
    - weights 45 lbs less than the 458

DISCUSS! [COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by Microphone; 28/06/17 at 11:46 AM.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

The comparision with the Ferrari.

I like the mechanical part of the Focus, it's finally awd, but as i said in the chatbox, i think they could've done a few bits differently. It lacks refinament on details, not so dramatic as the Ford GT, but it suffers from the same problem.

And the Ferrari is cool, i like it. Not so keen about the vent in the middle of the rear though.

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Reposting my opinion on the ferrari here so I can keep the first post clean-ish

The 488 GTB as a woman, beautiful but toothy:

As for the focus RS, I think the higher the angle you look at it, the better it'll look, I think the angle of the photos we have of it makes us focus on that bumper a bit too much.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. Tob-Racer is offline Aston Martin is life <3

I still can hardly accept the Turbocharged era. But I'm gonna try to forget it.

Focus RS looks fab ! Great design ! I just don't like the steering wheel who reminds me the 2015 Ford GT Concept 5 doors, woaw ! It's practical. I'm sure it's gonna be a huge success in the future.

The 458... HUM ! Pardon me 488 looks a lot better than the mighty 458. Lines are round and soft and we can clearly see it's inspired from the LF. It looks proper Ferrari. Performance figures are very impressive. Hopefully the engine sound is gonna be a good one. California T did sound good and I know both of these cars share the same 3.9 Turbocharged V8. Looking for Chris Harris review

5. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I'm liking the RS. Fast, practical, affordable and apart from the grille it looks great. I'd want one.

The Ferrari is as boring as ever. Somehow I just can't be bothered with them. Plus they are - in my opinion - some of the ugliest things on the roads these days. The 488 has at least been improved over the 458 in that matter. It looks fine up until the windshield, but the rear is still complete naff in my mind.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tob-Racer »
    I still can hardly accept the Turbocharged era. But I'm gonna try to forget it.
    I think listening to both the Pagani Huayra got me over any anti-turbo car feelings I had, it sounds amazing, though not every turbo will be attached to a monstrous AMG V12 engine. The turbo spooling noise is

I agree with you andai, the 458's front bumper was my main issue with it though and they've improved it but it's still not stunning. Same with the 458 Speciale, it's BETTER but still not pretty.

7. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I like BOV sound... lol

hhmmmmbwwaaaaAAAAAA-tssuu-ssuu-ssuu.

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The new Focus RS is like a redesign of the Impreza hatch with added Liquify filter on the back. As for the Ferrari, I'm not sure I dig it, yes it has traces of the 458 and the side profile does put me in mind of the gloriously beautiful 355, but there's just something off about the front that I can't quite put my finger on.
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I'm liking the new RS. I'd imagine it could be quite mean looking and intimidating in your rear view mirror. Like a terrier snapping at your ankles.

And as for the Ferrari. Well, it's a Ferrari. Meh.

10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

The new Honda Civic type-R is going to be quite angular and aggressive, not necessarily 'pretty' just like that Focus RS. I can see a decent track battle between them in the future hopfully.

11. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The Focus would look even better with wider arches, but still, finally a nice Mk3 Focus... Glad they kept the Mk2 diffuser and exhaust, too. As for AWD, well, I'm glad it's got it as it'd be struggling with putting that power to ground although there were more powerful hot-hatches in the past. Of course, five cylinders is five cylinders and nothing beats that engine in the sound department. Hopefully Ken Block has helped Ford with tuning the AWD system to be a little bit more oversteer-y.

Ferrari has done a great job on the design. I love the rear end how it's clean. Didn't like the 458 Italia much, it was kinda meh in my eyes, but then came the Speciale which was miles better and this new one is, like, even more miles better.

I guess it's time say goodbye to good old naturally aspirated engines.

12. Tob-Racer is offline Aston Martin is life <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mike »
    I think listening to both the Pagani Huayra got me over any anti-turbo car feelings I had, it sounds amazing, though not every turbo will be attached to a monstrous AMG V12 engine. The turbo spooling noise is .
    Oh yea the Huayra Na that one is a great exception. Pagani and AMG have done a fantastic job. I really like when manufacturer spend lots of time working on sound engines.

But it will never beat the NA 6.0 AMG of the Zonda R and the 7.3 AMG of the other Road going Zondas.

Yea Milli, You've just resume the sound
    Last edited by Tob-Racer; 03/02/15 at 16:30 PM.

13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

14. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I love both type of noise, but the induction noise coming from some of the best NA engines... Damn, I'm going to miss it.

15. Tob-Racer is offline Aston Martin is life <3

Yep Me too. Let's celebrate NA engines with some Zonda insane sound engine:

16. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I think today is a good day, because there's another car for enthusiasts that has just been revealed:

Porsche Cayman GT4:

Stats:
    Carrera S engine
    GT3 suspension components
    Le manuél transmission only
    4.4 secs
    183 mph
    7:40 Ring time

Porsche Cayman GT4 preview - specifications, pictures, pricing and more | Evo

Well done, Porsche, well done.

17. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

It'd me amazing if that wing was retractable It's just so THERE, I completely understand why it is as it's the hardcore version but I can't bring myself to like that kind of wing on a car that will still most likely be used more than just a weekend car for the people that buy it.

Still love the car tbh, at least the wing is mostly body-coloured. Always loved this era cayman/boxter.

18. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥

To summarise:

Ferrari - Epic power, looks great other than the nose, which just looks wrong somehow, especially compared with the 458.
    Ford - Would look better if the base car actually looked half decent, but epic power and AWD is a welcome.
    Porsche - Tacky as hell wing, but otherwise pretty cool.

Done

19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Well, Mike, the active aero adds some kilos and that's the last thing you want to do with these cars, but of course I know what you mean and definitely would never put that wing on a standard Cayman. It's like the SportDesign rear wing on the 997-gen 911. Too much F&F/trackdaybrostuff for a street car.

Porsche def nailed it with the GT4. The chassis of this generation is magnificent and with GT3 components, aero and 991 powertrain it is going to be a hell of a ride.

And no, I'm not a fan boy.

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The DNA and make up behind this car and the fact that's it's very light should make for one momentously fun driving experience.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... Last