Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

1. TDUFREAK500 is offline Rotary <3

Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    Rather nice spec too. So worth the money, but would I buy one myself? Probably not, unless I bought it knowing it would rarely be driven.
    The problem with Supercars is things always break when you don't drive them very often, they are fine when you are driving them though. Plus how could you buy one of these and not want to drive it? I would be itching to drive it every damn day if I owned it, that V10 howl behind your head, the 6 speed manual and even the wind in your hair if you so desired!

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Was bored so had a look through Autotrader at some rather cool cars:

£695,000 Mercedes-Benz S Class 6.0 S600 Maybach (B6/7 Armouring)

Mercedes-Benz S Class 6.0 S600 Maybach 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr (start/stop)

Shame about the wheels, but I imagine they're like that for the armouring purposes.

£269,990 Brabus B900 Rocket 6.0 S600 Maybach 7G-Tronic

Mercedes-Benz S Class 6.0 S600 Maybach 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr (start/stop)

Huge variation in price, surely it would cost less than £450,000 to make the Brabus B900 Rocket armoured? Perhaps not to the same level as the Armoured one above, but still, crazy price variation considering how much money has been spent on that Brabus. (Still ugly tho).

--- Post Updated ---

£395,000 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage 4.0 2dr

Aston Martin DB6 Vantage 4.0 2dr

Restored, the most desirable colour for any DB# Aston I can't help but feel it's quite cheap? DB4s and DB5s are going for a hell of a lot more, surely it's only a matter of time before DB6s end up being worth 7 figures. Just look at it, if you were a multi millionaire, wouldn't you want one?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

2010 Mk6 GTI for $24k + orc
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI VI Auto MY10

2010 Mk6 GTI APR for $27k + orc
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI VI Auto MY10

2012 Mk6 R for $34k + orc
    2012 Volkswagen Golf R VI Auto 4MOTION MY12.5

2015 A3 1.8T Quattro for $35k+ orc
    2015 Audi A3 Ambition Auto quattro MY15

2014 A3 1.8T Quttro for $43k da
    2014 Audi A3 Ambition Auto quattro MY14

2014 S3 for $50k + orc
    2014 Audi S3 Auto quattro MY15

4. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The grey Sportback

5. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Mk6 R or S3, the rest are so to me
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I do like the S3 the best but it's twice the price of your cheapest car there, which makes me think somewhere in the middle is where you're thinking? In which case, the A3 Saloon or the MK6 R. Not a fan of 3 door golfs.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Well, the words are in bold type so I guess that those two are the ones within the budget.

Golf GTI and Rs are simply the best. Period. However, the A3 would be my choice given the fact that it is an Audi, it is newer, more modern + it is not a Mk6 Golf that you already have. No LEDs, and grey is meh, but that's just the nature of buying used cars.

I would definitely ask about the reason he is selling it. Urgent sale.

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

Director who owned it moved overseas. Test drove the 42k sedan this morning, biggest disappointment was how light the steering was. I'll be checking the sportback out tomorrow after the GP run.

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Was the light steering a deal breaker? Was there changeable dynamics that could maybe make it heavier? The saloon is still my second fav tbh

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

In the past it has been but the Sportback looks very nice and price is more than reasonable so I could live with it since I don't really do spirited drives any more.

11. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Oh jeez, I hadn't even spotted that the sportback was $8k cheaper, one year younger with a 5k less on the odo. There's no contest there, unless the sedan has a crazy spec sheet.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

The only consideration for the Sedan is the fact of a trade-in option to get rid of my car quicker (once fixed). That said I'm sure if I dropped the price of my car ad from 16k to 12 it would sell within a fortnight.
    I don't mind the Daytona Grey on the A3/S3.

The seats in the sedan weren't very comfortable (digging into lower back). The sportback however has the additional lumbar controls that my Golf has so is also preferred.

13. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Would you? No Reserve: 1987 Ferrari Testarossa Project | Bring a Trailer

I think it's calling for an LS swap and track car build.

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

White Testarossa? You just know that it has an amazing history don't you.

15. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Haha, yeah. It's from Florida, even. A white Testarossa from Florida with a salvage title. What could possibly go wrong?

I'd just put a crate LS in it, gut the interior, do some suspension, take care of the body and go berzerk at california race tracks. I'd say another 20k and you could have a nice running track-prepped Ferrari.
    Last edited by The Compensator; 12/11/16 at 21:49 PM.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

LS swap is just a bit to cliché for me though, as amazing and practical as it would be. Something exotic but modern would be the line of thinking i'd follow, if the new Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio wasn't a V6 i'd probably want that, but this deserves better than a V6.

17. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I agree, it's everywhere, but the reason why it's everywhere is that it is can be done more or less easily, and it is a reliable motor. You'd run into electronics issues, ECU and all that sort of stuff. A guy who swapped an E92 M3 V8 in his 135i said that it was all going smooth until they started doing the electronics. Probably depends on how OEM you want to stay.

18. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner 6.8 V8 4dr Auto by Kahn Automobiles | Afzal Kahn

I love those wheels I'm kind of half convinced by the blue too.... it's quite a statement having a Mulsanne in such a bold colour. And the wheels go well with that colour too. I wouldn't spec my own Mulsanne this way but dayum, I do like that spec.

19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone »
    Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner 6.8 V8 4dr Auto by Kahn Automobiles | Afzal Kahn

I love those wheels I'm kind of half convinced by the blue too.... it's quite a statement having a Mulsanne in such a bold colour. And the wheels go well with that colour too. I wouldn't spec my own Mulsanne this way but dayum, I do like that spec.
    Nice Beverly Hills spec, but give me a Ghost over this any day.

20. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Yeah, much like Porsche's Miami Blue, that bentley would be stunning if you lived somewhere sunny.

I'd have a Phantom over a Mulsanne, a Mulsanne over a Ghost anyday, a Ghost over a Flying Spur and so on.

Though it does depend on what the 2018 Phantom will look like. I really do love the Mulsanne.

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last