Page 4 of 30 First ... 2345614 ... Last
Results 61 to 80 of 598

  1. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck
     
    Location: Jönköping, Sweden
    Posts: 7,385

    #61

    Default

    I just got to watch the third episode and I really liked it, laughed a lot to be honest and the paramedic-around-the-track segment was hilarious. xD


  2. TIMELESS is offline Moderator
       
    Location: Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts: 4,829

    #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Good episode, had to laugh at the complaint at the start as the rest of last nights 'car based' show turned out really good and basically proved the complaint right. The use of raw sound was again highly-welcomed in the AMG GT segment, the BMW M3 and i8 piece was great, seeing Jeremy questioning himself in his petrolhead beliefs showed that these carmakers are certainly making great strides with these hybrids, though the after studio section was eye-opening and a number of owners via twitter concurred with his findings. The Land Rover segment was neither here nor there for myself, it was alright but it wasn't brilliant.

    With a 'James and Jeremy deliberately crashing into things' episode next week it looks like it's going to be another night to switch the brain off.
    Can't agree more, don't know why they did the whole Top Gear talking about cars would be boring thing. Maybe I genuinely want to know about the new Passat? (I do, it looks gorgeous)

    They actually did road tests for a change, on a road and everything, Richard's challenge was hilarious to watch - but in a genuine way. Overall a great episode, how it used to be and how it should be IMO.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

    Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

  3. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥
     
    Location: United Kingdom of England land
    Posts: 5,588

    #63

    Default

    But you can find all this stuff online, why would they put it on a TV show with massive ratings that most people wouldnt care about. Have they ever seriously talked about mainstream cars in the news segment like ever? They've cut that bit out on iplayer anyway unless that was simply because it was over an hour long.

    Anyway I rhiught it was a great episode, loved Richards bit on the Defender, was a great little stunt. Not a clue what they meant at the end about the new one looking exactly the same, surely no one outside LR knows what it'll look like. But never the less, Clarksons bit on the i8 was very interesting, and the bit on the AMG GT made me actually start to like the car...

  4. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,880

    #64

    Default

    For your convenience:


  5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.
     
    Location: Aberdeen, SCO, UK
    Posts: 3,280

    #65

    Default

    It looked to be a good episode until the last part.

    I mean I know the Peugeot range after the x06 model range is rather dull, but it seem'd as if they had the cars in the car park and went "lets try do something" and that was the end result. I mean surely could have done more with the older stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

  6. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,880

    #66

    Default

    Not one of those epic episodes that I must watch again, but good on JC for exposing the awful politics from Ferrari and McLaren and maybe the Peugeot piece was similarly designed to coax them into a new direction. Was good to see a glimpse of their history.

  7. Tob-Racer is offline Aston Martin is life <3
     
    Location: FRA / ENG
    Posts: 1,102

    #67

    Default

    Ferrari and Mclaren... Porsche have balls, they are the only manufacturer who revealed their lap time at the Nürburgring...

    And as a French, I was glad they talked about Peugeot like that. I can confirm as an old mechanic: Peugeots, Renaults and some Citroën are utterly rubbish. Idiotic cars. People who managed PSA's Factory care only about money, proof is in January 2012 when they retired from Sports car endurance Series for no good reason. At the time, they just spended 25 Millions Euros for developing their 908 Hybrid4 Diesel race car. The car was ready to compete at Sebring 12 Hours.
    I hate Peugeot more than ever.

    Anyway, it was a good Top Gear. Full of true facts. Glad to see the American capable of making cars go round corners.

  8. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥
     
    Location: United Kingdom of England land
    Posts: 5,588

    #68

    Default

    Last part was funny, and very true, virtually all Peugeots from the noughties are dreadful and I fully agree, although their range now is a lot better which they didnt mention...

  9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 19,957

    #69

    Default

    Decent episode apart from the last segment but the inclusion of the 205 GTi allows that to be excused imo. Not unusual to see Ferrari being up themselves as always and it was quite something to hear of the gymnastics them and McLaren were doing in regards to getting their cars on the track to see what they can do.

    That's us 50% of the way through now, TG always seems to speed by even though they are a weekly show!
    I'm a bit mental.

  10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016
       
    Location: England
    Posts: 7,800

    #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T1M »
    Last part was funny, and very true, virtually all Peugeots from the noughties are dreadful and I fully agree, although their range now is a lot better which they didnt mention...
    I thought the same, both the exterior and interior designs from Peugeots of recent are showing some maturity. I was hoping they'd mention it.

    Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

  11. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.
     
    Location: Aberdeen, SCO, UK
    Posts: 3,280

    #71

    Default

    Not to forget that the GTi range has gotten some of it's mojo back.

    Not too surprised with them talking of the politics of it all with McLaren/Ferrari. Although McLaren have hinted at twitter its more Ferrari's fault, saying how they had the car set up for it and how it was TG who stopped the test.
    I remember back when the 12C came out, Evo did a track test with the 458, 12C and the Noble M600. And both Ferrari & McLaren sent over a full team of technicians while Noble had just the guy who delivered the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

  12. TIMELESS is offline Moderator
       
    Location: Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts: 4,829

    #72

    Default

    That last segment annoyed me, the rest of the episode was really good, exactly what Top Gear should be about, so I'll try to focus on that. But as the owner of a 206 I disagree.. quite massively. I think Andai will as well...
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

    Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

  13. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥
     
    Location: United Kingdom of England land
    Posts: 5,588

    #73

    Default

    To be fair I'd say the worst Peugeots came after the 206 (207 for example) and before the 508, at least that's what I think, those 2 cars are pretty decent (as are the 108, 208, 308 etc)

  14. TimBud is offline brmm
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,932

    #74

    Default

    I was pissing myself during the Peugeot segment... Peed my knickers again today watching it again.
    Just to back up their gloriously generalised claim of Peugeot owners, the only 2 crashes I've ever had, have been while at was at the wheel of Peugeots.
    Only realised that last night, which made the whole thing even funnier.

    Good show.
    I really hope they can get La Ferrari, P1 and 918 on the track for a proper traditional thrash.


  15. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,880

    #75

    Default

    I was trying to work out if the original fire caused that electrical problem, or if that's how the original fire occurred.

  16. Camel is offline Legendary Classic
      
    Posts: 11,501

    #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    I was trying to work out if the original fire caused that electrical problem, or if that's how the original fire occurred.
    Or maybe it was a setup. :eek: Dun dun DUNNNNN

  17. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥
     
    Location: United Kingdom of England land
    Posts: 5,588

    #77

    Default

    I'd be willing to bet the Fezza is the fastest, I really hope they can pitch them against eachother. I mean, they're gonna be close, just because 1 comes last, doesn't mean its the worst.... just means its the 3rd best hypercar in the world

  18. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,880

    #78

    Default

    oh btw forgot to say congrats to Camel for his TopGear appearance!!!




    Also I can't say I noticed this one from the other week

    Last edited by Ryzza5; 23/02/15 at 23:42 PM.

  19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian
     
    Location: :noitacoL
    Posts: 9,007

    #79

    Default

    McLaren Reveals Its Ready for Hybrid Hypercar Comparison Test

    After the episode aired however, McLaren Automotive posted on its Twitter that it was in fact ready for a track test of the three hybrid hypercars and that it was instead Top Gear which stopped the comparison from going ahead. As a matter of fact, McLaren claims that filming was pencilled in to take place during the week but that the plug was pulled by Top Gear for yet unknown reasons.

    After all, Top Gear magazine managed to gather the three hypercars together for an on-road test so it is certainly reasonable to assume that the world’s most watched automotive show will be able to conduct a track test in the future.


    Very interesting.

  20. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,880

    #80

    Default

    Assume it was because of Ferrari. And maybe Jennifer got cold feet.

 
Page 4 of 30 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community all about driving and racing games. Whether you love to tick off the miles/kilometres in your favourite open-world driving game, crash and explode everything in your balls to the wall arcade racer or nail down every apex and trim every tenth possible in a racing-sim. We don't care as we are just like you and enjoy our virtual cockpits of the cars, bikes and everything else that these games offer. So sit back, relax and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss