1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I absolutely loved episode 2. The production, camera work, driving and stunt-driving along with the blasts of raw engine sound and exhaust made for a really enjoyable episode for me. It didn't feel as scripted except for 1 or 2 parts imo but even this was eclipsed by the sheer majesty of the shots -- normal speed and slo-motion -- done by the crew and production team. Many times I said 'WOW' under my breath and listening to the BMW and Bentley snort and grunt and watching "James" driving the GT-R up the makeshift hillclimb course just seriously made me happy that I was watching Top Gear the car programme again.

Was I the only one thinking it was a bit unsafe having 2 massive JCB's parked aside one another for the finish line on a gravel track?

And honestly I think the 3 of them loved returning back to this sort of operation too.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

The drifting shots in the quarry were absolutely stunning. Watching both stigs/may do their lap was breathtaking, I agree.

As for

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

They exploded a cow with a claymore! What's not to like?

So far this season has been brilliant for me(including the speshul). I'd like to see them keep it up throughout the series.

4. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Mike »
    I'm not yet sure I understand the logic behind simulcasting the series and then region-blocking trailers
    Wasn't it only the first episode that was simulcast "everywhere"?

What's episode 3 about for those of you who can actually see the trailer?

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    Wasn't it only the first episode that was simulcast "everywhere"?

What's episode 3 about for those of you who can actually see the trailer?
    Well that logic makes even less sense to me, why bother in the first place.

I can't remember what TV show, I think it was game of thrones, did the exact same thing and I was like wth is the point, just the once.

Episode 3 is about them making their own ambulances and messing about in them, though it's one of those trailers where you can tell absolutely everything to do with the outcome of every challenge was written into the script.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I absolutely loved episode 2. The production, camera work, driving and stunt-driving along with the blasts of raw engine sound and exhaust made for a really enjoyable episode for me. It didn't feel as scripted except for 1 or 2 parts imo but even this was eclipsed by the sheer majesty of the shots -- normal speed and slo-motion -- done by the crew and production team. Many times I said 'WOW' under my breath and listening to the BMW and Bentley snort and grunt and watching "James" driving the GT-R up the makeshift hillclimb course just seriously made me happy that I was watching Top Gear the car programme again.

Was I the only one thinking it was a bit unsafe having 2 massive JCB's parked aside one another for the finish line on a gravel track?

And honestly I think the 3 of them loved returning back to this sort of operation too.
    Completely agree, the hill climb was the best part, and it really was brilliant to watch. That last lap... Wow.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

7. Ryzza5 is offline .

I was actually more impressed by the Maloo rally, just because RWD and a light rear end. I assume it was the same Stig for both cars. Some good jokes/gags in there as well. NT is the only place in Australia where the max speed limit is upp'ed from 110kph to 130kph (used to be unlimited).

Of course, that area of Australia is nothing like where we are. It's a bit like thinking England is like Slovenia (distance-wise).

8. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    I was actually more impressed by the Maloo rally, just because RWD and a light rear end. I assume it was the same Stig for both cars. Some good jokes/gags in there as well. NT is the only place in Australia where the max speed limit is upp'ed from 110kph to 130kph (used to be unlimited).

Of course, that area of Australia is nothing like where we are. It's a bit like thinking England is like Slovenia (distance-wise).
    Yeah indeed, that was damn impressive. I want to know who the stig is
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

9. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Just watched ep 2, brilliant show. Sure, a bit scripted but I don't care, it felt very Top Gear-ish in a good way. The only thing I didn't like was that they decided to keep SIARPC. The news are always funny, keep those instead or just ditch all of it and show more of the road trip instead. Not sure why but it dawned on me while watching how much raw footage they must have that we never get to see.

10. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    Just watched ep 2, brilliant show. Sure, a bit scripted but I don't care, it felt very Top Gear-ish in a good way. The only thing I didn't like was that they decided to keep SIARPC. The news are always funny, keep those instead or just ditch all of it and show more of the road trip instead. Not sure why but it dawned on me while watching how much raw footage they must have that we never get to see.
    Agreed on everything. Watched it in the morning while eating my breakfast. I actually skipped the SIARPC as almost always. Other than that, it was really good and fun to watch. Better than the South America special, felt less scripted, more about cars and all that stuff TG had been missing previously IMHO. They should air part two.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Jack Bauer was good though, especially his story about Charlie Sheen and the horse.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

This thread looks like a letter sent to an American POW in Germany WWII

13. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

This thread looks like a letter sent to an American POW in Germany WWII
    Your statement has been redacted
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

15. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I didn't think it was thattttt bad, 5.5/10. Average, the SIAPC segment was great though. The Ambulance segment was too long, way too long, I think if they'd have cut 1/4-1/3 of the ambulance part and put in a great car review I'd have bumped this episode up a lot.

The first 2 eps of the season, and the special beforehand, were rather good so I can excuse a less car-orientated episode like today as just entertainment.

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

This is probably the first episode where the SIARPC was the best part of the show

It seemed a little odd to me how high the production quality was for this cheap car challenge.

Old but going to drop this here: TOP GEAR Exclusive #StigCam: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, s20 Ep 5 BBC AMERICA - YouTube

17. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

It seemed a little odd to me how high the production quality was for this cheap car challenge.
    Exactly what I was thinking! Normally these episodes are like filler episodes, and they usually don't put so much money into the production of them. It worries me that they have... I want high-quality good episodes like last week's quarry segment, or my all-time favourite - the Ayrton Senna episode.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

18. Ryzza5 is offline .

James made a good case for the Mercedes
    Jeremy made a good case for the i8 (until back to the studio)
    Will was entertaining.
    Richard's piece was less gripping (not to take anything away from how frightening it must have been), but despite me expecting the old LR to still be in pieces, I still had a good laugh at it.

19. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

It's the second time I've sat and watched it in years, and was surprised to see it's still much better than expected.

To be honest, I was thinking "Oh, a Defender sendoff part? Should be good, maybe giving it a good bit of mud plugging or somthing." Sadly it was't, and although it could have been a good idea and a challenge, it really was't much different from what was done in the advert they did in the advert. Insted of using a winch from the dam to pull it up, they used a winch on the car. Now if it was using the original engine and all it'd have been impressive, but using a second engine just for the winch.
    Another thing that bugged me on that, as how in the Ad it was a Defender 90, where;s they used a series 1. Chances are, LR & TG could have teamed up to use a current Defender 90 and attempt it, which would have been great PR for them both! But that's just nit picking that last bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Good episode, had to laugh at the complaint at the start as the rest of last nights 'car based' show turned out really good and basically proved the complaint right. The use of raw sound was again highly-welcomed in the AMG GT segment, the BMW M3 and i8 piece was great, seeing Jeremy questioning himself in his petrolhead beliefs showed that these carmakers are certainly making great strides with these hybrids, though the after studio section was eye-opening and a number of owners via twitter concurred with his findings. The Land Rover segment was neither here nor there for myself, it was alright but it wasn't brilliant.

With a 'James and Jeremy deliberately crashing into things' episode next week it looks like it's going to be another night to switch the brain off.
    I'm a bit mental.