Page 14 of 14 First ... 4121314

1. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

have a nice life my friend I give up.

2. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

thanks to you too mate , but boring about your quitting because I had some things to say about the "1920's christian's big bang théory" too, it's seems really funny
    [IMG][/IMG]

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If it is observable then it can be measured. You just need to find out how to do so. Take a simple example like Archimedes and the gold crown. He observed the water level changing when he stepped into the baths and used this to work out that the gold crown was in fact not fully made of gold.

Same principle in space. Fire a signal, laser or measure how long light takes to reach a point and you can work out how far away and therefore aged it is. You can of course dismiss all this stuff as you like but the computer you are using, the phone you have and many other basic everyday things are based on these same ideals. In space it is just put into a much grander scale.

You're never going to convince someone who has resolutely made up their mind and will ignore the facts or proven techniques despite these same principles being in effect in the stuff they use without thinking. And that's more on them than anything else, but just like flat earthers and our planet only being '000s of years old believers, they are out there and it is best to leave them to their own devices.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

"If it is observable then it can be measured. You just need to find out how to do so. Take a simple example like Archimedes and the gold crown. He observed the water level changing when he stepped into the baths"

yeah for sure, the problem in Universe, that's we never saw really what it is in totally, so it can't be measured, so a real expansion with real facts can't be agreed

and it same with Archimede, he saws all the bath, so he had seen all the différences in the bath subjected, but again, it impossible with the subject Universe that probably infinite (+in a infinite bath, Archimede didn't knew the différences)

"Same principle in space. Fire a signal, laser or measure how long light takes to reach a point and you can work out how far away and therefore aged it is"

yep, in théory I agree, but remember that our Galaxy is ESTIMATED with 100 000 year-light board to board, so you cannot do the real experience with your light or your lazer to have a real value of a reality because you need wait like 100 000 years light (maybe 80 000, maybe 120 000) to have a real solution about the real size of our Galaxy

that's why I don't agree the theory of the expansion = nothing is sure, there are only théories about a kind of light and différents Natures in a total environment unknowed, and Georges Lemaitre (the big bang théory guy said...)
    "A homogeneous universe of constant mass and increasing radius" = he had absolutly no proof about it in réality

Georges Lemaître — Wikipédia

and remember too that the Pluton planet was scientificly discover in 1930, but Pluton was knew since antiquity times philosophicly !

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluton...%C3%A8te_naine)

science follow philosophie ? or maybe science need philosophie to be right in réality ?

--- Post Updated ---

plus : about the light, the Nature, the age, or the distance...

they accoutumate to tell that the red is older and hotter and the white/blue is younger and colder

so, basicly think about the blue/white Moon or Venus, and red Mars planet and do your own reason : who is the hotter ?

Venus = blue color and +470°C
    Mars = red color and average - 53°C
    Last edited by Stories; 05/01/17 at 18:10 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Try putting your finger into a blue flame and see if it is colder.

I remember hearing back in school something about how the atmosphere of Venus makes it hotter than Mercury and gives it a blue appearance. Space is amazing but the science and investigations into the how and why tend to bring out the answers as to the why.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

I tried nothing, just seen what are their théories in totality dudes

their théories have like 150 years, but they already know the age of Universe and his (eventuel not really proved) expansion when we listen them = it makes me smile

--- Post Updated ---

but we're still luckiests = 49 years after have discover the big bang théory and the expansion of Universe, they put a foot on the Moon !!!!

ahah
    Last edited by Stories; 05/01/17 at 18:45 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

They know these things because they have detected them and their traces. I get that you don't care about the expertise of these people, their knowledge and their findings but when you read up on the subject it does piece together well. And the theory and thinking is way more than just 150 years old. A lot of science in relation to astronomy was kept quiet for fear of the religious zealots not being able to handle what they had to share. I mean look at the Mayans, they knew an impressive amount for their time alone.

Should note that it is called The Big Bang theory, as in it is merely a theory and there have been a number to come out and question it and Universal Expansion, but only that. Not so much the age of all the cosmic bodies that reside within it.

After all, we've found rocks or should I say precious stones dating back over 4billion years so we know how to measure this sort of thing.
    I'm a bit mental.

8. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

big bang théory => catholic priest in 1933

expansion of universe => friedmann in 1922

discovering Pluton => 1930

a foot on the Moon => donald in 1969

for sure it wasn't since 150, this kind of intelligence since near 90 years old
    [IMG][/IMG]

9. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

I've just seen a "serious" documentary about civilisations probabilities, and they talked about the Drake theory,

Équation de Drake — Wikipédia (drake was in the documentary and explain his equation, with the result of 50000)

His answer in 1961 was 50 000 advanced civilisations per Galaxy who gotta capabilities to communicate with us in our Galaxy (near 400 milliards of solar systems in it = 0,0000125% have capabilities to have civilisations like us)

A poor result from really great things
    [IMG][/IMG]

10. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Poor result?

50.000 in actual numbers is still 50.000, that's an awful lot to me, especially if it's just the Milky Way alone. What about the rest of the place...

11. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

Yep they just estimate with an equation the probabilities to have a contact with another civilisation like us (same technological level or more), so this 0,0000125% is about 1 luck in 10 000 000 solar systems listened with the SETI experience,

So they need to listen 10millions in all the sounds frequencies to find 1 civilisation: in these conditions and with a seti started in 1999, they think found something serious between 2020 or 2025
    [IMG][/IMG]

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

13. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

TRAPPIST-1 system:

- The system is 40 lightyears away; with current rocket technology, it would take 1,5 million years to get there.
    - The star is roughly the size of Jupiter and can live over a thousand times longer than our sun.
    - The star is a red dwarf - this planetary system discovery is 'shocking' because almost 75% of the stars in the Milky Way are red dwarfs... you do the math on habitable exoworlds.
    - The system is so compact that it should be compared to the Jovian system than the solar system: even the outmost planet is closer to the star than Mercury is to the sun.
    - There are 7 planets orbiting the star, all rocky and not much larger or smaller than Earth (density 60<>117% of Earth), and 3 of them are within the habitable zone.
    - It is named after its discovery tool, the Transiting Planets and Planetesimals Small Telescope (TRAPPIST) in Chile, but considering a Belgian guy found them, they like to say it's named after trappist beer and the planets will be named after beers.

Source: NASA Telescope Reveals Record-Breaking Exoplanet Discovery | NASA

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Awesome find this and I get giddy when I read about the views people would see if they were to set foot on some of the planets. Sci-fi has always made me envious of those who will get to in the future see that sort of thing. Hell the Earth viewed from the Moon pics are stunning enough.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

As much as I love learning about what's out there and how the universe works, there's no place like home

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quite amazing to watch history being made as SpaceX successfully launched a used rocket to deliver a payload and then to make it even sweeter, the first section landed back on the drone ship in the Atlantic.

Congratulations on quite a monumental achievement to everyone at SpaceX.

I'm a bit mental.

17. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

Up too,

there is a news from the "Science" magazine, who's telling about the sound in space can't be longest than 1 or 2 year-light distance,

so if it's right, then we can't hear some sound of another civilisation in Universe, and no other civilisation can hear us ! (so all the works about 30-40 years SETI or anothers before was unecessary)

18. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Stories »
    Up too,

there is a news from the "Science" magazine, who's telling about the sound in space can't be longest than 1 or 2 year-light distance,

so if it's right, then we can't hear some sound of another civilisation in Universe, and no other civilisation can hear us ! (so all the works about 30-40 years SETI or anothers before was unecessary)

There is no medium in space in which the sound can travel through. I think you might be confusing radio waves and sound which are completely different phenomenons. Radio waves are a spectrum of light which can be detected via our radio telescopes billions of light years away.

19. Ryzza5 is offline .

For those wanting to explore a habitable planet in space...

Google Earth
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 19/04/17 at 13:04 PM.

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4121314

Search Tags

aliens
mars
mission
rover
shrek
space