1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Cool Ferrari F40 in Tunnel

To give you all a taste of just how good this car sounds here's a small clip of the F40 being driven through the H3 tunnel, Turn it up loud and if you have headphones also listen to it through them cause the sound is amazing.

It's not completely accurate but damn it's good.

Enjoy!

Please right click and Save as, thanks !
    [Ferrari F40 in Tunnel MP3]
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Default Re: Ferrari F40 in Tunnel

WOW That sounds amazing i 'm stuck for words, i just love that car :bananasplit: :bananaskip: :bananajump:
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Z06fan is offline Certified car nut

Can't say as that sound really does anything for me, sounds nice but doesn't hit that sweet spot that puts a shiver down my spine like some cars can do.

Oh well, to each their own.

4. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

Cant wait to drive that car in TDU, prob spend whole day driving it, has sweet sound all the same

5. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

I'm sorry but not pleased Compare it to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XieIrLLJNxo
    Good try, I think in High revs in sounds abit realistic but at low revs.... damn!
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

6. BenGee is offline TDU Trade Monster

Sounds alright unfortunately they were sold out when i got to buy one so had to reserve it

7. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

it has a real sweet noise, not too loud but most ferrari's are like that

8. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

i love the sound of my Rturbo, and i love the fact i breeze past F40s left right and centre with it :P
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

9. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

with hardcore they just spin all over the place

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The F40 is from 1987 and was one of the first road cars to do 200mph and is completely raw which is why it's regarded in history as one of the ultimate supercars.

You have to remember Atari would have to source each of these cars to get the recording of the engine sound right and also record at 500rpm intervals all the way to redline (so I hear) to get even close to an accurate representation and I don't think there's many people around or Atari had the resources and money to send their people out to do all of this.

I have a feeling TDU2 will be better in this respect though as Atari aren't in as much trouble and it's what the community wants, we don't want TDU to follow PD's path of engine sound application in it's games, these cars have amazing sounds and hopefully the next game will allow us to experience them.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. DarkPROT is offline Just a Skidmark

Great recording!

I think Atari did a fairly good job matching the sound of the F40, considering there are so many cars in TDU. As mentioned, alot of resources would go into something like this. Some are very good, some just awful (SLR?)

The CLK GTR sounds awesome!

What I miss the most about the F40 is the sound of the wastegate, blowing out excess air from the inlet manifolds as the valvet shut and the turbo's still spinning down. That, and some more turbo lag.

12. Hammy is offline DoUcHe BaG

i love my F40, had to wait like 2 hours till it came into stock lol. got about 250 miles on mine now

13. woz12 is offline 1001BHP CUMIN AT YA

diablo is correct the f40 is an icon its raw and stripped out with no creature comforts and in my opinion its the best ferrari of all time its just a very special car you will realise it when you see one. its hard to explain what makes it so special

14. Markv84 is offline Outrunner

anybody got screens of the f40 in the game ?
    Last edited by Markv84; 10/03/07 at 01:02 AM.
    http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/4520/45201183090330c0ae6a2da0e0e8e4d8336c830.jpg

15. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

Theres a thread that has pics of it, that diablo has posted, if thats any help