Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default TDU Mega Pack for PC? (from: tdu.fr)

Looking around at the modding scene for TDU PC I came across the main TDU Community site in France and noticed something interesting on the front page. Now note as is said on the article itself that nothing is confirmed or set in stone but it is the first fairly official hearing we have had about packs for TDU PC.

Don't get too excited as I have said as it would be better to doubt and be pleasantly surprised rather than hyped up and become disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by testdriveunlimited.fr
    Original: http://www.testdriveunlimited.fr/index.php
    Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Can we expect a pack of cars on PC?

-- TDU megapack PC (incorporating most of the cars packs XBOX 360): still under way, but pending legal validation by the US brands.

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the roads sunny?

-- Servers psp / ps2: Evaluating the cost versus the number of players
    -- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment.

Attention, nothing is official yet, so anything that is said here is not a contract.
    Take this with a grain of salt. And if anyone can properly translate incase google has embelished somewhat, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I'm a bit mental.

2. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

This is crap,

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment

If they do plan on shutting down servers, they should release a sort of mod for LAN play. Or something.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Not really, I mean think about it, if your mates asked you if you were doing anything in October you might say; "well I got nothing planned at the moment" but of course that is subject to change so essentially what this person is saying is 'not right now but should circumstances change'.

It's your typical response to future related questions.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I bet this Megapack wont be free if its released. (although Hackers could probably get around that)

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

If it encorporates all the cars, then I would imagine it would be sold via retailers ... which would be better for Atari, as more people would go out and buy it, rather than download it illegally.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

6. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Well i personally feel Atari owe us PC gamers for all the bugs & bad connections we've had to put up with. Atari could win over alot of hearts by releasing them all for free in a patch.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

7. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    This is crap,

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment

If they do plan on shutting down servers, they should release a sort of mod for LAN play. Or something.
    They've got no plans to stop the service.. what are you complaining about?! Would you rather they said they did have plans to stop the service?

Back to the article, I don't understand why they would not identify their source - they left it as a generic 'atari france' when if it was reliable they should have said which spokesperson they are quoting.

I don't feel Atari *owe* us anything - we've had a great game that has far less bugs than a lot of other games and has provided us with tons more gameplay than a lot of other games too. But I wouldn't say no to more cars! Though I wouldn't be willing to pay much for the privaledge.

8. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »
    They've got no plans to stop the service.. what are you complaining about?! Would you rather they said they did have plans to stop the service?

Back to the article, I don't understand why they would not identify their source - they left it as a generic 'atari france' when if it was reliable they should have said which spokesperson they are quoting.

I don't feel Atari *owe* us anything - we've had a great game that has far less bugs than a lot of other games and has provided us with tons more gameplay than a lot of other games too. But I wouldn't say no to more cars! Though I wouldn't be willing to pay much for the privaledge.
    I would.

9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Saw this t'other day, forgot to post it

Even so, that's all the supposed 'official' information has ever said. 'We are planning to do it, but we don't know when.'

Having said that, if it's only pending legal validation in the US it's in it's final steps before being released?

10. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Hehe.

I've produced my own translation below - it doesn't really differ in any key way though:

As some of you know, I re-established contact with Atari or Infogrammes whichever you like (it doesn’t matter in the end)

So I asked Atari France about two points which we’re all concerned with a bit. They don't have the necessary information, it is at Atari Europe that the answers were to be found.

Here's what came out:

Can we expect a car pack on PC?

-- TDU megapack PC (incorporating most of the XBOX 360 car packs): still under way, but pending legal validation by the US brands.

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the sunny roads?

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping of the servers or service reductions planned for the moment.

Caution, nothing is official yet, so anything that is said here is not contractual.

I will be informed of upcoming events. See you soon for the next news I hope!

11. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    Having said that, if it's only pending legal validation in the US it's in it's final steps before being released?
    Not at all unfortunately. It could be that without legal validation they can't even start. Note it's not pending before release, it's just pending full stop. Infact it's 'but pending' which suggests it's getting in the way of the 'still under way' process.

Does anyone else think it might be a re-release of TDU+extra cars?
    Last edited by kalniel; 27/02/08 at 10:06 AM.

12. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Not at all unfortunately. It could be that without legal validation they can't even start. Note it's not pending before release, it's just pending full stop.

Oh. Meh

13. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Does anyone else think it might be a re-release of TDU+extra cars?
    like a repackaged version with the new cars included already? i hope not because that'll mean buying the game again like what some music artists do. i hope a booster pack or something a long the line would come out with the extra content.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Completely agree mate hence why I am saying not to believe too much into it as you may end up disappointed if it does turn out to not be true or never happen. However any news or rumours are better than nothing especially with this subject.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT »
    like a repackaged version with the new cars included already?
    Yes exactly that. It might be the only secure way of distributing new content on the PC.

16. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Well i personally feel Atari owe us PC gamers for all the bugs & bad connections we've had to put up with. Atari could win over alot of hearts by releasing them all for free in a patch.
    i agree

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

17. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Sounds good. I hope they do do it. I would probably buy a version with new cars even if it's the same price as TDU was when I bought it. The "fun" is worth the money

18. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

If it's less then 10 euro ill get it lol.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

19. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

If it's less than 150SEK I would (!) get it I just hope that you don't have to buy and complete the whole game one more time

20. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

as shadow and i said they owe as big time and if they do charge money then it should be cheap at least

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

Page 1 of 3 123 Last