Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Ryzza5 is offline .

Default Ryzza5 sucks at creating stuff in Photoshop

...but I can edit stuff in there ok (sort-of)

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Great story. Would read again. And did. Would read a third time. Did not. Will later. Bye.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

8.9/10 for truth
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Please note the rating above is completely his opinion and not mine thus it is wrong. Thanks.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

--- Post Updated ---

Since Ryzza sucks at Photoshop so much, I figured I'd bring in some professional grade editing to this thread

1 3 5

2 4 6 R

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I'll start the bidding at $1!
    I'm a bit mental.

7. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Tempted to start a 'Mike sucks at creating stuff in MS Paint' thread..

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Just don't name it Mike sucks and we should be fine.
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Awww thanks for saying I don't suck, good confidence boost

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

Look what I made!

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That's not bad, simple but effective which is usually the most effective in pure effectiveness effectively.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

Something a bit more complicated that I'm working on - don't know if it will be good enough to get in the game

(Need a good 'UK' font for the event title to go on top and take focus)

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Ok so I need to turn this

into something a little more like this

without using official logos or copyright images. I can get logos from the WMD site later but still not happy with the font and lack of strikingness. Can't have dates or track names either.

14. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

C'mon ryzza no one uses bold fonts anymore, try to be more subtle

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Select a Round Brush and hit the ']' to increase it's size then 'Shift + [' to reduce it's sharpness, next add a Layer mask to the flag image or click on the Layer mask you already have. Now move to the far left of the top of the flag and move the cursor to about 2/3 up the way and click once, now hold 'Shift' and move to the far right and click again. This will create a straight line brush stroke on the Mask resulting in a better fade-out between the two images.

You should also search google for 'design blog free fonts' to find yourself some really nice free typography.

Is there no pre-determined font that they wish to keep uniformed across the design of all artwork and menu items?
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'll give it a go (or be lazy and send you a copy of the PSD) so you can show me what you mean, or at least see how I've done what I've done...

Here's the thread if others want to have a go at getting their work in a AAA game: WMD Forum

(If you don't have access but still want to have a go send me a PM).

17. Ryzza5 is offline .

Running out of ideas on that PSD, trying something new - starting from scratch and doing all the shapes/design/logos/etc first then will try and take screenshots to fit in.

...a few hours later...

18. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Select a Round Brush and hit the ']' to increase it's size then 'Shift + [' to reduce it's sharpness, next add a Layer mask to the flag image or click on the Layer mask you already have. Now move to the far left of the top of the flag and move the cursor to about 2/3 up the way and click once, now hold 'Shift' and move to the far right and click again. This will create a straight line brush stroke on the Mask resulting in a better fade-out between the two images.

You should also search google for 'design blog free fonts' to find yourself some really nice free typography.

Is there no pre-determined font that they wish to keep uniformed across the design of all artwork and menu items?
    I find brushes hard to use to get a good fade, it's usually quite harsh even if you set the hardness to 0%. I like to use black and white gradients for fading I'm used to Photoshop which makes using GIMP a pain as it doesn't do anything that I expect it to. I also possess 0 creativities so I hardly ever venture in to photo editing programs

19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Look what I made!
    I looked and gotta say I like it.

Simplicity ftw.

20. bob
    bob is offline Sportscar Racer

Looks decent.
    bob - the man who gets to test & explode everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last