Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes-Benz »
    So it's running now?
    Yes Back to the welder it is

I kid I kid!
    Looks very clean Cal!

2. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

She runs fine. I mean failed MOT on a sticky handbrake on the O/S/R and number plate lamp bulb! Not bad considering she's not been MOT'd since 2007!

Tomorrow I'm giving her a basic service. Oil, Filter, Plugs, etc. Need to see about a new set of tyres as dunno how old the current lot are (Considering when the car was last on the road, playing it safe), plenty of tread but tyres generally have a life of 5 years to be used. Also need to get the whole car undersized as well as paint the sills.

Just giving her an easy run for now, just to get everything back smoothly after so long and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

3. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

To check how old your current tyres are look for the build date on them, it'll look like either of the following

0907 - indicates they were made in the 9th week of 2007

Or it could be in a slightly bigger info bubble, 5107, so the 51st week of 2007

Generally I wouldn't buy new tyres if they've got a build date longer than 2 years ago from the time you purchase them.
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

4. Dan G is offline Cars in mirror are losing

Commenting for a sub to this thread cos I cba to do it normally

5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

With regards to the tyre date, I've looked and also got the tyre fitter at my work to have a look(he said the same thing as you posted) and were both stumped as there's nothing to be found!

I've found another reason for new tyres soon though and it involves roundabout and making use of the RWD.

Anyway some photo's from the Sunday just passed, I was out again with a few friends including Me (As in user with the crazy Green A4) and got some nice pictures of the Coffee! (none of these images are took by myself...)

Friend forgot to watermark, so here's his free advertising...

and

Taken by Me (the A4 driver), making it to the top of the Glenshee road! Aka best driving road in the UK.
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

6. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Photo's because why not.

And overlooking my hometown, good ald Aberdeen.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

7. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Worth an update i guess....

Back in June she was on show at a "How many left" show. If less than 500 of the cars were registered in the UK then it was edible for showing. Be it new or old, was mostly for everyday cars that back in the day were common as muck but now rare to find! Took the Cappo out for the Auto testing as well for giggles.

As you can see from the picture, the front wind is covered in primer. Finally got round to dealing with the drivers side front wing. Took a few hours but got it under control rust wise.

And this is it as of last month...

Not much has changed, nope. Well i did manage to find where i was leaking water from....currently 'fixed' it by using bathroom sealant, yes...
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

8. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Long story short...

I'll very likely be selling the old girl as of next year.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

Page 2 of 2 First 12