Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Default Vorsprung Durch Snotmobile!

1999 Audi A4 1.8 T Quattro Sport. 180bhp of AWD, leather-trimmed, Bose surround-sound waftiness.

The colour is apparently Java Green.

Calster17 will recognise where I took the photos! I just got the trims at the bottom of the front doors from there earlier this evening, for free!

2. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

That's the most similiar i can find on Gran Turismo 2.

3. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »

That's the most similiar i can find on Gran Turismo 2.

wat.

I love the creeper head on the trunk lol

4. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by TDUZoqqer »
    wat.
    The most epic.

5. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Forzakid here.

6. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Well I got some touch up paint mixed for it at Halfords. The paint code inside the spare wheel well (what an odd place to put that info) was Y6W, which came up as Java Green, and was listed on their systems as a VW colour instead of being listed under Audi. Hmm. The paint they mixed looks like a perfect match though!

7. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Forzakid here.
    I pity your soul.

--- Post Updated ---

I probably is Java Green indeed, apparently the Paradise Metallic is a bit more "mint" in real.

8. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    I pity your soul.
    Sorry, i don't want to have 4724 versions of Miata's to choose

9. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Sorry, i don't want to have 4724 versions of Miata's to choose
    It doesn't bother me, when you have 1200 vehicles to choose. Even if i had 300 Miatas, still 900 to choose. But i also prefer night and weather conditions for races, also pit-stops, refuel and such.

But let's not hijack the Java Green Audi's thread, pls.

10. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The color of the A4 nicely suits the color of your username, doesn't it!

Congrats to you. I mean, me.

11. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

I actually like that color, whether it's factory or not. Definitely unique. Some wheels, tint, and moar low and it'll be set.
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

12. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

I really should drop in here more often. I only hear stuff through Calster all the time.

Back at the beginning of May I had the clutch replaced, a solid flywheel conversion, and the timing belt replaced. A couple of weeks later I also got all 4 tyres replaced and an alignment done.
    I then also managed to get my own radio properly wired up to the Bose system, so I now have a radio with a USB port, and a 16GB thumb drive full of music playing through a 10-speaker Bose system!

So yeah, it's going good apart from a mysterious clunk which I suspect is an anti-roll bar droplink. I have the replacement droplinks here, I just lack the motivation to go and do them. Maybe I'll head out to the parents' farm next weekend to get them done.

Here are some photos of my recent adventures.

I went for a drive up to Tomintoul with my mate and his 320bhp Impreza. No, I didn't keep up, but it was fun anyway!

Then I went all the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon to watch some drag racing at the beginning of May. That was 450-odd miles each way! It was fun though, I have a couple of friends who run a 1974 Dodge Challenger that does 9.7 second 1/4 miles. If you ask nicely I might post a couple of photos of it.

Anyway, this is what my campsite looked like:

Yes, that's an inflatable whale tied to the roof. It's a long story, but it refers to one of my ex girlfriends.

All I remember from that weekend was lots of booze, barbequed meat and tyre smoke. Then the return journey was fueled by lots of motorway service station coffee.
    Last edited by me™; 22/06/14 at 10:02 AM.

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Cool story bro. No really

14. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

Quote Originally Posted by me™ »
    I1974 Dodge Challenger that does 9.7 second 1/4 miles. If you ask nicely I might post a couple of photos of it.
    Pleasee!!
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

15. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Sounds like great fun indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by killalldude »
    Pleasee!!
    +1!

16. randomsox10 is offline Hachi-Roku

Quote Originally Posted by me™ »
    Then I went all the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon to watch some drag racing at the beginning of May. That was 450-odd miles each way! It was fun though, I have a couple of friends who run a 1974 Dodge Challenger that does 9.7 second 1/4 miles. If you ask nicely I might post a couple of photos of it.
    Please share this wonder with us! Reminds of an E92 M3 in my area where the guy special ordered it in Signal Green which originally was a color for a 997 GT3 RS. In yours and his case the green was well executed and I quite like the idea of a green Audi. I love it!

17. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

So the car has had a highly annoying metallic rattling from the front end since I got it.
    I've figured it out now. It goes away when I press the brakes. So... I have ordered; new front brake pads, anti-squeal shims, and spring clips. That should sort it.

Also, a few photos of Bad Habit, as she is known. All 572ci of her.

Oh yes. Next year they're upgrading to a, urm, 10.7 litre engine (can't remember what it is in ci). It'll be running dual carbs, still normally aspirated. It's just been built over in America and been dynoed (on standard pump petrol) at over 1,000hp!
    Last edited by me™; 06/07/14 at 11:52 AM.

18. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

So, me and Calster went for a drive yesterday...

That Focus ST on the left was a bit mad. 300bhp and the loudest exhaust system of EVAR.

Oh yeah, and as you can see, he took the Cappo. It was only insured and taxed on Friday! I also got a passenger ride in it around the centre of Aberdeen. It's hilariously small.

Ah yes. here's a close-up of my grille. I painted it matte black with the 4 rings in gunmetal grey.

Last edited by me™; 07/09/14 at 11:05 AM.

19. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

I joined Calster and some other people for a drive on Sunday...

20. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

It's had the winter wheels on for a week or two now.

The tyres are Michelin Primacy Alpins. Should do the trick with the quattro.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Search Tags

durch
snotmobile
vorsprung