Okay everyone knows that TDU is a quality game for a first iteration but we also know that there's a lot that needs to be fixed, improved or even added so it got me thinking. "Everyone's a critic" so here's your chance to tell us and the community exactly what YOU would like in your Test Drive Unlimited.
Imagine Atari has asked you for a list and description of what should be in TDU, you have full creative freedom to create your perfect TDU game ! Would you go for it be more simbased? Maybe more into the NFS territory or perhaps a little bit RPG? The choice is yours !!
So get to typing and lets see if we can collectively get some quality ideas that show what the community wants and maybe even give Atari an actual voice in their heads of what we want.
Remember this is in your own opinion and thus "one persons like will be another persons dislike" but if you have a disagreement of one persons idea then constructively discuss it don't just shoot it down and call it stupid or the like.
Now get your thinking caps or even jump on the game and start noting those changes or additions you would love to see. Try though to keep some common sense in your thinking though, remember flipping cars is something licensors have a serious problem with and being able to add your images to your car may well be an obstacle that can't be overcome due to Microsoft but other than that get to wishing !
Thread: My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!
Results 1 to 20 of 23
My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!I'm a bit mental.
Re: My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!
- Choosing individual parts instead of stages.
- Being able to set your car up for road use and track use.
- A lot more car,the current amount is starting to get boring.
- Night time.
- More Japanese cars.
- Another race track or two.
- Around 20 people in a server.
- Places to meet up at for cruises. e.g Restaurants,bars etc....
- Hotel for when you just start out and don't have enough money for a house.
- Being able to modify the exterior of some cars.We need to be able to modify the Skyline and 350z etc.How often do you see a standard Skyline? Obviously,no modifying the exotics,they're perfect as it is.
- People being able to enter your house with permission,would be handy for trading etc..
- Outdoor garages.
- Buying land and then creating your own house.
- Being able to choose your own brand and type of tyre. e.g choosing a Dunlop 245/45/17 instead of a Michelin 235/50/17 etc..
- Roofs going up and down in convertibles.
- Putting your own furniture in your house.
- A clutch.
- More bikes,R1,R6,Gixxer and Hayabusa please.
- Changing your character mid game.
- Having to take a driving test.
- Turbo lag.
- Dump valves.
- Your car needs a service and new tyres after a certain amount of miles.
- Bigger island/place.
- Distinguishable engine sounds e.g no car sounds the same.
- Letting friends go in the passenger seat/rear seat of your car if your cruising around. This would reflect on the weight of the car.
- Spending hospital time if you have a big wreck.
- Being able to give money to people.
- DLCs and patches on time,joke.
I know some of these would take away from the driving aspect of the game but they would be extremely fun all the same...
Re: My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!
A very good list By Glazarog. Can't really add but I must admit a much bigger Variety of cars could've of been added also I think they should've taken more care with the tuning vechiles as they could've done better. My final point is about visual tuner. I think it should be allowed as it adds to the Uniqueness of the cars. Companys like Novi-tech and Hamman tune high end cars where as others tune cars like Skylines to Alfas to Golfs. Just more is what I need! Also making damage if possible would also be nice!...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...
Re: My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!
1. more people per server
2. being able to modify inside and outside of your car
3. a better way to sell cars and bikes over trade
4. more bikes
5. more biker gear (better leathers)
6. tune cars to what you want
7. be able to drive boats(that would be cool)
8. night time
9. rain and storms
10. damage would be great
11. be able to set up proper clubs(your own logo for club and stuff like that)
12. drap strips out on their own
13. more tracks
14. cars need petrol to keep going
15. give money direct to people
16. have your own music playing in your car
17. more places to go to eg: hotels, pubs, gyms, supermarkets etc..
18. be able to work to get some money up(optional) this could be a good feature
19. be able to tkae proper photos and upload them better
20. like what glanz said, take a drivers test to get your licence or be fined and banned off road for period of time
21. buy land to set up own car or bike business, to sell cars
22. more cars, subaru, low riders and more muscle cars
23. tracks just for drifting
24. you have to get every car via download on marketplace so that not everyone has the same car
25. have more tunnels to get to places fast
26. road like autoban, fast cars only, have to be a certain speed or else not alowed in
27. offroad vehicles
Cant think of anyting else at the moment but this is most of the stuff that would be cool if it was to go into TDU
Maybe some of the ideas are a bit mad but this is what i would like
Make diesel cars like TDI or something, of course not like VW Lupo with 1.7 SDI, I mean like Golf 2.0 TDI 170hp, Astra 1.9 CDTI 150hp, BMW 335d, E 400 CDI or something like that and more japanease cars ( like Honda with VTEC sound )Logitech G25 owner
dude, check the date of the previous post before you post. it's almost 2 years old.
Sorry, this topic was at my NEW POSTS but I'm here everyday so I wasn't look date of topic :SLogitech G25 owner
- More Triumphs
- More Ducati's
- More Kawasaki's
- More Mv Augusta's
- Moto Guzzi's
- Shoei, Arai, Suomy, AGV... BRAND NAME HELMETS
- BRANDNAME GEAR WHICH IS DECENT
- More cars which are interesting and less Lexus's, no "SUV's", no pickups or any of that tripe
- Different environment... Only so much of Oahu that one can stand and especially when so much of it looks exactly the same
- Proper sounds
- Proper physics
- DAMAGE MODELLING
- Weather which actually effects the world
- Day/Night cycles
- The ability to leave the car if you want or spend some 'downtime' "working" to get some money if you're strapped for cash
- An 'eBay' like selling system as seen in "GRID"
- Proper bike physics and handling
- Less bugs
- Less glitches
- None of that
- Tyre wear
- Car damage which you have to pay to repair
- Engine wear
- Ability to give other people lifts
- Realistic car delivery times and numbers... Everyone having an XJ220... Just no...
- Decent clothes... All I could find which I liked were some black gloves because they are the same as my driving gloves in real life (yes, I wear driving gloves... Make me go faster)
- Decent tuning
- Life like performance
- Cars / bikes (and riders) get dirty from dirt, oil on the roads, rain, this, that and the other and need to be washed
I'll take a breather now
[Edit] Oh... Just noticed this is an older thread... Funny... Forum said it had new posts in it...?? Sorry [/Edit]
It's alright WALRUS, you bumped the thread with a posting relevant to the subject so even if it's old it's still alright to use.
Good list too, I guess you're into your bikes a fair bit then?I'm a bit mental.
Haha, have been since I as about 6
-More dynamic weather.
-Be able to park your car when you go somewhere and have it be in the same spot as you left it.
-Be able to get out of your car at home and at interactive places.
-Take pictures using a 'free look' type view.
-Assortment of tracks(drag; grand prix?; autox)
-VoIP(I have a feeling this is already in TDU I guess I just havent figured it out.)
-In single player have different settings for cop awareness. Maybe even be able to buy a radar detector.
-Maybe for VoIP use cell phones.(In game)
-More customization variety and more specific.
-Tuning capabilities. So that people that know more about cars can actually show it in game by having a well tuned car.
-Dirt roads, rally tracks, mud trails.
-ATV's Jetski's Boat's SUV's
-More JDM cars. Mostly Subaru.
-Make your online profile accessable on multiple computers. As in, I could be at a friends house and login to my account and have all of my cars houses and money.
-Be able to walk around your houses and garages.
-Have cars be transferrable between houses.
-Have an option to target a destination with your GPS if you don't want to teleport.
Can't really thing of much else right now but those would be nice.
you can already target without teleporting, you just right click.
1. More Racing modes
2. Better HUD gauge
3. Modifiable Rims
4. Individual Car Setup.
different horns... picky i know but there you go, being there is only 2 different horns sounds, nothing worse than your lovely me12 having the same sounding horn as a suturn curve...
oh and being able to flash your lights without starting a full blown race
-Be able to go up a mountain without doing that silly flipping thing once you get too steep.
-Be able to choose whether I want H-Shifter or Flappy Paddles. As there's nothing worse than having a flappy paddle Gallardo.
SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
Winner POTW: Week 28, 53
Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
I don't think anyone wants to change the game drastically but I guess everyones ideal would be a kind of subtle compromise between Need For Speed, The Sims and Grand Theft Auto!!!
I'd like to see pedestrians and better AI. I'd also like to be able to earn money owning businesses and stuff, obviously how this would work multiplayer could be tricky unless a bigger (much bigger!) island was created!