View Poll Results: Should (virtually) all games have a Photomode?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes !

15 83.33%
  • Hell no !

3 16.67%
  • Oh hell, what was the question?

0 0%

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Should (virtually) all games have a Photomode?

Question, poll, your vote, reply, thanks.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

I voted no because imo, photomode is best suited for racing games only.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If you saw Ace Combat you would want a Photomode in that, plus imagine a Photomode in a game like Call of Duty 4 and the like, so many action shots or even virtual news photographer moments, it would be amazing !

Well that's my opinion anyway.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i'd rather take a screenshot in FPS games.

now that you mentioned ace combat, it makes me sad that there's none for pc.

5. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

just use fraps - screenshot macros and film in one key stroke, plus runs on g15 lcd and so for me no dont need the photo mode

6. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Not really 'hell no', but depends on the game.

Photo-mode only partially serves the purpose of making cool wallpapers for yourself, instead its main purpose is to share content with other players. This form of social sharing is becoming a big part of games and just as photo-mode is replacing screenshots I think video creation and other forums of sharing personally created content within a game is going to become more prevalent.

Imagine doing a run then being able to replay it, adjusting cameras/lighting. Cutting together scenes, adding (custom) music and commentry, before having a highly polished result rendered in a format that plugs straight into online media sharing sites.
    Last edited by kalniel; 08/02/08 at 14:52 PM.

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Yes, because I agree with Diablo

kal, you should do an 'introduce yourself thread'
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

8. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I say yes 'cause I'm not tecnical enough to know why it would be a problem

9. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

I'd love to have Photomode for all the Fps games I play etc. I've had so many sweet things happen in game, and being able to freeze game and take a HQ picture would be awesome. LIke Crysis and COd4 would be class for taking pictures like TDU.

10. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I voted

Hell Yes !

11. RB26DETT is offline Banned

after my last post, i logged off and went to bed. once i lay down, i was still thinking about would FPS games benefit from having a photomode. then i realized that it would be a pain if someone kept pausing and take a picture of him killing an opponent. maybe singleplayer FPS's would be fine, but multiplayer, people will start flaming you for pausing ingame a lot.

12. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

I think a photomode for every game would be brilliant, because at some point in every game you play you will probably want to take a picture of what you just did (Skate, TDU, GT5, Forza 2, Ace Combat, Tekken 5R, Lost Planet, GRAW2, COD4) and i know some of those games i mentioned already have photomodes but i was just giving an example of different types of games.

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

RB yes that could be single player but I was more thinking that what lalalala 3 can do, save your game as replay and alright maybe not float around the whole map (impressive feature in a crap game imo) but follow your character around and be able to take pics at moments that happened.

Imagine catching a firefight where you headshot someone and see that their bullet went past your head, or how about capturing that moment when your C4 took out 2 or more people behind a door. The possibilities are endless !
    I'm a bit mental.

14. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Yes they should - there's always a point in a game where I think "Oh foob, I wish I had a pic of that!!!"

Or something along those lines.

That is all.