1. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Default Vista Transformation Pack [For XP] [!Very Good!]

Here is my new system re-write, to make my Windows XP SP2, looks extremely like Vista.

I previously has the Vista Inspirant Pack installed, but found that the windows looks slightly out of place with their constant black window colour.

I found out the other day, about a new system re-write, called Vista Transformation Pack. I spoke to Sensei in ICT about it, coincedently, he had been told about this very same pack the night before. When I got home, decided to downalod it.

*!*Warning*!*
    NOT TO BE USED BY COMPUTER NOVICES, as it can and may muck up some feature of your computer!
    *!*Warning*!*

VTP changes the appearance of:
    • Boot screen
    • Welcome Screen / Logon Screen
    • New msstyles files (visual styles)
    • New desktop and file icons
    • New toolbar icons
    • Progress Dialogs
    • Sounds scheme
    • System Tray icons
    • New Wallpapers
    • Windows Media Player Skins
    • And much more

Installation Options:
    • System: Applies VTP only to the computer and effective for a one time installation. (Recommended for novices)
    • Setup: Applies VTP to a setup file such as installation disks and can be used for repeated installation via the medium.

METHOD
    • Express: Applies VTP via a fast selection process that is more user-friendly. (Simple)
    • Classic: Applies VTP via a larger and broader selection process that increases flexibility of the transformation. For advanced users. (Advanced)

I installed the very basic one: Location - System

Installation Tips:
    • Download these .pdf Offiical Intallation Guides:
    • Follow the Guides EXACTLY, as it could reck part of your PC!
    • Be patient when installation finishes, as it takes time to tweak the individual program settings which all add to the overall look.
    • I used the Setup Classic Guide when installing mine.

Programs which can be downloaded seperately (This proces will not change the boot screen)
    • LClock - Changes bottom right clock display
    • Object Dock / RK Launcher / Rocket Dock - Used to create a Mac style launch function
    • VisualTooltips / VisualTaskTips - Add preview thumbnails on startbar
    • ViStart - Adds the Vista Search function to start menu
    • LogonStudio / Chris~ ears1991 theme - Changes log-in screen to Vista style
    • Thoosje's Sidebar / Rainmeter Vista Sidebar - Adds a Sidebar function similar to vista
    • Styler - Adds the Vista skin to all windows
    • ViOrb / Blaero's Start Orb / VistaStart - Extends the Start Button above the normal XP height
    • Win Flip - Adds the Vista windows cascade function to XP
    • True Transparency - Adds transparency to the window borders

ScreenShots:

My Object Dock station
    aswell, when I load it up:
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 02/02/08 at 21:41 PM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I was the one who told you 'bout that wasn't I? Anyhows, the text up top of windows, the clock and IE are wrong, but pretty good apart from that

EDIT: Whoa, the font isn't Calibri?! That does surprise me, it's not hard to put the font in the download pack and change it in the VS....

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Not gunna riskdoing that, i brake anything to do with computers when i touch them.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Sensei is offline ~PurePwnage~

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    I was the one who told you 'bout that wasn't I? Anyhows, the text up top of windows, the clock and IE are wrong, but pretty good apart from that
    Not to break your glory or anything but, I told him about it around a month ago when I had first been told. I got half-way through the installation and decided not to bother then, and we both did it last night and got good results.

EDIT: Whoa, the font isn't Calibri?! That does surprise me, it's not hard to put the font in the download pack and change it in the VS....
    I'll assume Iced changed it manually, when you install it the default font that it uses is Calibri actually. Perhaps Iced just doesn't like it.
    [[ Method In The Madness ]]

5. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

I used to use this like 2 years ago in its early stages, but strayed away from it after VTP 7 completely screwed up my system. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

6. mac_mogul is offline Mustang Owner

I used the Vista Inspirat on my work computer a few years ago. It looked nice and everything worked well, but It just ate up too many resources. I can't imaging this VTP being any more efficient lol. Looks nice, but no thanks.

7. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Im with mac_mogul it does look sexy but i take it that it would eat up to many resources. I use Vista inspirat & it uses enough resources as is.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei »
    Not to break your glory or anything but, I told him about it around a month ago when I had first been told. I got half-way through the installation and decided not to bother then, and we both did it last night and got good results.
    Unless my life has flashed before my eyes! Or you seme to think that this friday was a month ago, I must be going mad!
    I'll assume Iced changed it manually, when you install it the default font that it uses is Calibri actually. Perhaps Iced just doesn't like it.
    And what do you both mean? Do you mean the login screen?
    That'll be because it's FireFox
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I wasn't trying to get in on the 'glory' or anything, I was aware I told someone about it and was just playing around

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    And what do you both mean? Do you mean the login screen?
    No, the default text of Vista is a font called 'Calibri' and not all of the VTP uses it. Check out my start menu compared to that one...

for FF3 Beta

That'll be because it's FireFox
    Yeah, noticed that after I posted. Anyhow, the loading screen is wrong (Vista doesn't have the logo) along with the progress bar

10. Sensei is offline ~PurePwnage~

Yeah, noticed that after I posted. Anyhow, the loading screen is wrong (Vista doesn't have the logo) along with the progress bar
    The start-up screen is correct, I'm pretty sure.

[[ Method In The Madness ]]

11. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Hallo, I have Vista. And it doesn't have the Vista Logo, just the green bar and '(C) Microsoft Corporation' at the bottom.

12. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Lol, MSN convo with me

13. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

As usual, when am I not talking to you?

14. Koen Monkey is offline Goes Around Comes Around!

The start-up screen is correct, I'm pretty sure.
    No not realy even close (I gots Vista)
    The impossible happend!!
    Email: fuzzball@bresnan.net