1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

A good diet should stop that from becoming an issue.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Any French readers able to read and translate this?

The Crew, le jeu de course Ubisoft : nos infos - Gameblog.fr

Google Translate of some parts

* Contrary to some rumors of a similar to a Gran Turismo or Forza positioning, driving would rather semi-arcade: accessible, fun and effective.

* The game is in the United States, Open World, and it would be possible to go from one city to another, for example from New York to Los Angeles. The distance scale is however reduced.

* The solo experience seems closely intertwined in multiplayer, since it will be possible to join other players at any time for specific tasks or challenges.

* The multiplayer would focus as much on the competition that the cooperation between the players, and it would be possible to be up to 8 on the same test

Far from Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport , The Crew seems to be trying to offer a more like a car game Test Drive Unlimited and a Driver San Francisco , where freedom and driving pleasure precedence over realism or simulation.
    Just saw this too: Recent tweet on the @GamesLabUbi account looking for playtesters of sim/arcade variety.

GamesLab Ubisoft ‏@GamesLabUbi 27 May
    Cherchons joueurs jeux voiture simu et/ou arcade pour playtest Montreuil du 29 au 31 Mai de 10h 17h. Infos http://on.fb.me/PYaInj

I'm a bit mental.

3. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

that last point has got me very excited for this game suddenly

4. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Wow, pretty interesting article! Hope they will really show it at E3 in few weeks.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I know many people enjoyed the driving in DSF and I did too, the only thing I wasn't so hot about was the cars felt light so a bit more weight on them would be very welcome imo. I kind of hope if this game is happening that we get some of those coaches and lorries/trucks to drive in it.

Do you think the next-gen versions will also be limited to 8 players?
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Speeder is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

To sum up the article:

-The Crew will offer a game experience close to Driver San Fransico.
    -The gameplay is rather semi-arcade, accessible, fun and efficient.
    -The game is located in a USA openworld, with the possibility to travel between NYC to LA (with a reduced scale). (yup Green Room's suppositions were right )
    -Like Driver:SF, the map will be a "Google Map" like.
    -In "freeride"; player will be free to choose between missions, or challenges.
    -The Multiplayer will be competitive and cooperative with a player limit set to 8 players.
    -A companion app (for iOs and Android) will be published
    -The version our source was able to play was running on X360.
    -Game should be released end 2013

Also this is a shame, as it must be a tester of the playtest who gave the infos and, as far as I know, any public playtest is under NDA.

7. Damys is offline TDU2 Sound Modder

" The game is in the United States, Open World, and it would be possible to go from one city to another, for example from New York to Los Angeles"

Can't wait !

8. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I know many people enjoyed the driving in DSF and I did too, the only thing I wasn't so hot about was the cars felt light so a bit more weight on them would be very welcome imo. I kind of hope if this game is happening that we get some of those coaches and lorries/trucks to drive in it.

Do you think the next-gen versions will also be limited to 8 players?

Odd, because I think some cars felt heavy and slow (e.g. XFR), but larger cars like pick-ups were too tail-happy on the other side. But I have to say D:SF was an amazing game, my second game I've ever managed to complete since 2007 I think.

I still have not read any good info on the new consoles, so I am a bit out of game but I hope we will be able to play with more than 8 players...

9. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

Hope there won't be the D:SF teleporting thing. It was... unique... but I don't want to see it again.

And I also hope there will be more than 8 players. Some games like BF3 (PC) and Arma, etc. allow upwards of 64 players. That would be crazy in a driving game, but 8 seems too little imo.

10. Rassva is offline Lannister

This sound very interesting, When did the development for this game start? I'm not dissapointed about not having realistic physics as long as there is cockpit and free roam. Hot Pursuit 2010 was a perfect game in my opinion and I hope The Crew will be similar. I just hope there isn't any stupid storyline.

Forgot to mention that I want the DSF graphics to be improved a little, I didn't really liked its colours.
    Last edited by Rassva; 02/06/13 at 15:47 PM.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Rassva »
    This sound very interesting, When did the development for this game start?
    Hard to say but the studio has been around since 2008 (maybe earlier?) but they obviously had to create their engine and all, but there has been plenty of hints via LinkedIn profiles that the game has been in develoment for a good 3+ years or so.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

Here's hoping for TDU 1.5! And a real one, at that. Not that rubbish they called "2".

13. Rassva is offline Lannister

In 3 years you could do a reasonably amount of roads and cars. NYC to LA...... The Run had San Francisco to New York and I finished the game in somewhere around 3 hours. Lets say that a one and a half hour trip from NYC to LA would be nice.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'm getting the vibe that is is more DSF2 (ignoring the story and coma and NPC warping) rather than TDU1.5. Of course DSF was good fun and had good arcade physics, but these were best enjoyed with the gamepad whereas an open world game with good wheel support would shine even more. Of course the other problem is that trying to play DSF online on the PC was pretty much impossible after a few weeks. Always ended up in an empty lobby with no way to browse and select one yourself.

Will be fun either way but let's hope the Ivory guys outnumbered the Reflection when it came to the driving aspect and weren't just relegated to building the world.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Well it seems to be Ivory's baby with help and technical input from Reflections. Not long till we really find out though. The playtest looking for fans of both sim and arcade is interesting too.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

Sign me up, Scotty

17. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think DSF was a lovely game that could have been expanded to be something more, and if this delivers, that would be amazing. As long as they add wheel support and actually being able to choose the color of your car, I'm looking forward to this!

^GIVE INTERNETS^

18. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

And the ability to actually keep the same car you bought, rather than having "rental cars".

May not be such a big deal about the game, but I didn't like that bit.

19. Ryzza5 is offline .

Ubisoft's PS4 Racer 'The Crew' Details Leaked - NowGamer

At least his article looks more polished than my quick splash'n'dash

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Just saw that on my twitter timeline mate.
    I'm a bit mental.