1. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by iLLGT3 »
    Also, a swagged out Hummer H2 screams Florida.
    NOOOOO!!!

It can also mean... *shudders* New Jersey.

2. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

New Jersey is pathetic in its own right. Even if you go to New Jersey expecting it to be a complete craphole, you'll still be disappointed. Seeing as this was supposed to be a TDU3, I don't think there's enough disappointment in the world to contain New Jersey and this game.

^GIVE INTERNETS^

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If it's the Ivory game then it's been hyped by us and some other places to be a 'spiritual-successor to TDU' due to the core teams background but remember they started in 2008 iirc so many things could and would have changed within this period. It could turn out to be nothing of the sort!
    I'm a bit mental.

4. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

I think it's straying too far from the narrative of TDU with the idea of a story and (by the look of it) not being on an island. The thing that really sold me on the game was the idea of just driving forever, with not a care in the world and with no boundary to an area that looks like it can be driven on. It added to the feel of the world very much, and taking that away sort of ruins it for me.

^GIVE INTERNETS^

5. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

If I had a gaming company at my control, I'd tell them to just remake every single aspect of TDU, no matter how similar the new game would be.

Or else they'd all get fired in front of their families at a company + family picnic. With Jeremy Clarkson hosting.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobSTi »
    ...else they'd all get fired in front of their families at a company + family picnic. With Jeremy Clarkson hosting.
    Well there goes the budget then!
    I'm a bit mental.

7. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

Better idea. Listen up, Ubi.

1. Get TDU

2. Control+C

3. Control+V

4. Add current-gen graphics and some new cars

5. Put it on Steam and other distribution services

6. Actually support it

7. ???

8. Profit

^GIVE INTERNETS^

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

We've already done steps 1 to 4 with mods on the PC

I would ignore most of those concept images - remember TDU2 had the same style concept images which also had that South American flavour and yet TDU2 visually and geographically was nothing like them.

TDUCk TDU2 Picture Thread (Last update: 17 December 2010) - Page 2 | turboduck forum

9. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz »
    Better idea. Listen up, Ubi.

1. Get TDU

2. Control+C

3. Control+V

4. Add current-gen graphics and some new cars

5. Put it on Steam and other distribution services

6. Actually support it

7. ???

8. Profit
    except it won't andreaz. wait what?

But back to the point,
    there isn't a market big enough to support this kind of game. Unless it is like every other console racer.
    Think of yourself as a developer or a publisher, would you seriously invest on this idea expecting a return?
    I know I wouldn't. The brand itself has no image left, the series don't mean anything to anyone other than us real tdu fans, the game was nowhere near popular to begin with.
    It costs millions to develop a game these days and even some of them are rubbish *cough* tdu2
    I can only think of one way and that is if an already established title (nfs,gt,forza etc.) moves towards tdu3 idea.
    Even then they'll probably loose millions.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Today a number of people are in a kind of zombie-like gaming state in that they will only stick to one thing and that one thing only. Your typical CoD player will want every FPS to control like CoD despite it being so dumb and floaty with no weight or feeling of your character having body mass. Then we look at the diehard Forza and GT fans who are so adamant their game is so simulation like that any mention of negativity towards it results in a complete backlash, hell those two are even more realistic than real-life to some people! And let's not forget the worst thing of these people, the submissive tendency to lick the arse of the devs and praise every single bit of overpriced, cut from the game DLC.

You're right, games cost a lot to make these days but I would like to use Project CARS as an argument for it not needing to be crazy money, even with 1-2 million of marketing that's not hitting too bad a budget for a multiplatform high-quality release that it's looking to be.

Unfortunately though we seem to be a state where there's only a few major players and disappointingly the masses swarm to them because of their braindead controls and complete lack of needing any real cognitive function, but as some have shown, you can still be a success without pandering to the idiots!
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Today a number of people are in a kind of zombie-like gaming state in that they will only stick to one thing and that one thing only. Your typical CoD player will want every FPS to control like CoD despite it being so dumb and floaty with no weight or feeling of your character having body mass. Then we look at the diehard Forza and GT fans who are so adamant their game is so simulation like that any mention of negativity towards it results in a complete backlash, hell those two are even more realistic than real-life to some people! And let's not forget the worst thing of these people, the submissive tendency to lick the arse of the devs and praise every single bit of overpriced, cut from the game DLC.

You're right, games cost a lot to make these days but I would like to use Project CARS as an argument for it not needing to be crazy money, even with 1-2 million of marketing that's not hitting too bad a budget for a multiplatform high-quality release that it's looking to be.

Unfortunately though we seem to be a state where there's only a few major players and disappointingly the masses swarm to them because of their braindead controls and complete lack of needing any real cognitive function, but as some have shown, you can still be a success without pandering to the idiots!
    I agree,
    on development though, would you say though pcars will be commercially successful? Because a traditionally developed game should be to pay the bills. It is different with pcars, we payed for the development so it wouldn't matter from my point of view if the final product didn't sell well (I suspect it won't).
    I also thoroughly agree with your fanboyism point.
    I choose the other side to annoy those people
    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 30/05/13 at 00:20 AM.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I think it will be, look at the numbers of Forza and GT and you have an idea of the potential for sales in that bracket for consoles, I know it won't hit those numbers but the game is looking good and if the reviewers say things like "pCARS is a great game for the GT/Forza enthusiast", "pCARS fits alongside GT/Forza" etc then you will have a decently perceived and received game. PC players will no doubt sell it to each other via videos, word of mouth and youtube shows like ISR and such.

Then again maybe I'm just naive and want the game to do well so that the future may bring about more of them.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I think it will be, look at the numbers of Forza and GT and you have an idea of the potential for sales in that bracket for consoles, I know it won't hit those numbers but the game is looking good and if the reviewers say things like "pCARS is a great game for the GT/Forza enthusiast", "pCARS fits alongside GT/Forza" etc then you will have a decently perceived and received game. PC players will no doubt sell it to each other via videos, word of mouth and youtube shows like ISR and such.

Then again maybe I'm just naive and want the game to do well so that the future may bring about more of them.
    well it depends, those titles became what they are partly because of their car lists and extensive/exclusive licensing.
    I don't ever see pcars getting up to that level. This is kind of the problem with the community developed game. Everyone wanted pretty graphics and ultra realistic physics (suspension animation etc), there's no money left around to get licensed cars into the game and applying those aspects.
    I really do hope the game does well, don't get me wrong I'm fine-ish with the lack of licenses, I'm just worried the ''casual gamer'' won't buy the game because nfs has a much better car list.
    That brings me back to TDU, how the hell they've managed to license all those cars? I guess they used to be pretty rich once upon a time

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

It's not always about the money. Some will refuse or impose too many restriction regardless of money, whereas others will be extremely reasonable. i.e. Mercedes Benz approached SMS wanting to be in the pCARS. As it stands we already have more cars licensed than we have the staff/time to model them before the game is released which is why some will be DLC.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

An Ivory Tower employee just made a 'no comment' comment.

Hervé Gengler ‏@HerveGengler 7m
    @tduckteam "We do not comment on rumour and speculation."

I'm a bit mental.

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

What if rumor and speculation turn out to be true facts? They'd never be able to talk about their game again.

/insanelogic

17. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

Future tweets: "We do not comment on what we do not comment about."

18. Ryzza5 is offline .

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

commentception?
    I'm a bit mental.

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

What about constipation?