View Poll Results: What do you think of Driver Of The Week?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

16 100.00%
  • I hate it

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Lightbulb Driver Of The Week

I have a new idea Driver Of The Week to give more variety to the forum for those that like to drive more than take pictures.

This will run along side POTW so members can enter both if they want to. The winning time will have a cup to show they are DOTW in the forum.

What DOTW is, the fastest time set on a time trial or race event in TDU. The player has to take a picture (for consoles) or screen shot as evidence of the time. The image will follow the POTW rules maximum size 800 x 600 and posted when the player feels they have a winning time. You can change the picture as often as you like before the closing date. But you can only have one post with the picture so you must edit your post each time. This is to keep the thread tidy.

The winner at the end of the week with the fastest time can choose the next event. The only rule is the event must be different to the current DOTW event.

Please choose I like it or I hate it from the poll and add any suggestions comments.
    Last edited by S71NG3R; 29/01/08 at 15:43 PM.
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

where's the poll? lol

I LIKE IT!

my suggestion is to keep stay away from "The Millionaires Challenge" and "Tour of the Island Race" and reserve that for a later date.

EDIT: Saw the poll now. Voted for I like it.

3. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

I love it

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Me likes

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Nice idea Stinger, always love your suggestions

6. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I like it, another good idea.

How about if we have an award for a PC player and one for a 360 player?

7. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    I like it, another good idea.

How about if we have an award for a PC player and one for a 360 player?
    I will see who's interested and then decide the best way. It would be good to have PC and console players mixed but I'm not sure if the PS2/PSP version have the same races.

So the DOTW options could be:-

PC
    PS2
    PSP

or

360/PC
    PS2
    PSP

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I think we should do an ALL PLATFORM combination one to start with, and see if there is a definate difference in times etc. If there is, then we should split it up.

Maybe in future it could be PC/360 & PS2/P. As the PC and 360 are exactly the same (ish) except our lack of DLCs. And the same goes for PS2/P. I don't honestly think there is a great enough audience for PSP tbh ... meaning the same perosn could get it every week if there is only 1 person.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

9. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado

Nice idea

What about the car ? I think its more exciting if everyone drive the same car For the first DotW, Iced choose it, then the winner choose it for the next DotW ?

10. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by -Lr-SpeedraceR »
    Nice idea

What about the car ? I think its more exciting if everyone drive the same car For the first DotW, Iced choose it, then the winner choose it for the next DotW ?
    The class of car/bike is restricted by the event unless it's one that is unrestricted. You can use tuned car/bike's too if you want.

The first event will be chosen by me to start and then the winner will choose the next one.

11. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by -Lr-SpeedraceR »
    Nice idea

HAHA what do you want from me
    Quote Originally Posted by S71NG3R »
    The class of car/bike is restricted by the event unless it's one that is unrestricted. You can use tuned car/bike's too if you want.

The first event will be chosen by me to start and then the winner will choose the next one.
    OK. When will it start? When the poll closes on the 3rd? Think this run on the same dates as PotW??

12. Sensei is offline ~PurePwnage~

Hey look, an event I might be able to do. ^^
    [[ Method In The Madness ]]

13. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

I might be able to do this but getting the pics is going to be tough. I voted for I LIKE IT! Great idea.

14. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

DO IT

15. CptDarknuggets is offline 200 Angry Clydesdales

I think this is a better than the gumball rally. Not that it is bad Iced, I just think it is sooo complex. It bamboozles me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by CptDarknuggets »
    I think this is a better than the gumball rally. Not that it is bad Iced, I just think it is sooo complex. It bamboozles me.

You think the Gumball is complicatated - wow

You don't have to take part if you think it's complicated ....

17. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Thanks for all your comments and votes.

This will start on Monday 4th February if the voting remains with the majority liking it.

There will be a new thread with full information on Sunday after the poll is finished.

18. Sensei is offline ~PurePwnage~

CptDark, it's only complicated because Iced makes it like that. If he just said, lets turn up and race from here to here it'd be so much easier and there'd be less hassle. =P

But yeah, I can't do PotW due to the pixelation *cough*. But this'll be awesome ^.^

19. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

But you never come on TDU because you say it's boring And also you have to do 800x600 on a 19" screen XD

20. Sensei is offline ~PurePwnage~

Learn to use a forum Iced, stop spamming just because you can, learn to read. I already said all that.. *rols eyes*

"I can't do PotW because of the pixelation" and "Finally, something I might be able to participate in"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last