Topic:

Suggestion

1. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Default Suggestion

Hows about an MP3 Pluggin, loads of em knockin about, basically so we can maybe link mp3s to play in a thread (Default off ofc)

[EDIT] Soz just saw another thread named adsactly the same

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Re: Suggestion

Can you link me to an example, I imagine this would kill the forum load time and whatnot having to stream music. I haven't heard of these before. Don't worry about the other thread, I'd rather an original suggestion in it's own thread anyway, easier to navigate.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

do you mean like on the TDU main site?

there is a little button thing in the corner for music, like a little radio sorta??
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

4. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Tryna have a look now, definatly had one for phpbb.

Yeh nipper like a radio.

I must admit , u can find alot of these hosted on other sites, they allow you to use their music player with streaming music of your own.
    Ill see what i can find.

5. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

wont this take a lot of bandwidth?
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

6. Marc_CRX is offline Tail End Out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allmighteh »
    Tryna have a look now, definatly had one for phpbb.

Yeh nipper like a radio.

I must admit , u can find alot of these hosted on other sites, they allow you to use their music player with streaming music of your own.
    Ill see what i can find.
    If I Am Right...This Board is VBulliten Not phpbb

THE
    ORIGINAL DRIFTER

7. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_CRX »
    If I Am Right...This Board is VBulliten Not phpbb
    Yeh never implied i thought it was phpbb, as msot of them use just java scripts, doesnt matter what forum you use, its always BBcode, in some cases they can be server side , thats when the board matters.

Anyhoo, cant really find one, found tuns of them but no server side ones.

8. Gareth_25 is offline Project Ace Member

I know the sort of radio buttons you mean, but i've seen (and used) a free flash based music player, which pulls a proprietary playlist from the immediate server, but as it uses a website specific song list, so if you have for example free webspace from an ISP with no usage restrictions, low bitrate MP3's would be ideal, as it shouldn't impact the forum bandwidth at all (obviously this should be tested to prove this before it was live)

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

If you do this you should not make it play automaticly as people like different music and music on websites can get really annoying becouse I have a very obscure taste of music.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    If you do this you should not make it play automaticly as people like different music
    I agree, I have plenty of songs on my Computer, I just choose not to listen to them on it..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...