Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

1. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Default MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

ERMERGERD it's actually happening, I never thought this day would come! Here's a quick run down of everything so far.

2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R
    91,000kms
    6spd manual
    Moonstone (6N0) colour
    fully stock
    has all of the usual options, plus one or two not so usual
    expected delivery time is mid-March

It's an SZ-R, so it's a top of the line non-turbo. It has all the things that the turbo Supras have, big brakes, 6 speed Getrag manual, lsd, 17 inch wheels, basically an RZ but without the turbo. Plus it's a 2002 model, the last year Supra's were made, there were only a total of 337 Supra's made that year worldwide (Japan). As it's a non-turbo model it has a 2JZ-GE.

It was an auction listing 4B, which is just about the best you can come across for a car this age. The highest possible rating is a 4.5B. Anything higher than that denotes a new car.

Things that will need attention are:
    The gear stick boot (it's come unstitched, it's repairable but easier to just buy a new one)
    A little spot on top of the drivers side of the dash where it's popped up
    Fading on the front and rear bars, a patch on the driver's side of the roof and stone chips down the drivers side.
    I'm gonna need a new set of tyres too, the ones on it now are pretty well buggered.

Anyway, on to the exciting part, PICTURES!

These are the first few pics I saw of it in the auction listing, including the grading sheet:

And here are a bunch of pics of it sitting in the docks in Japan, all de-registered and waiting to be packed onto a boat, which it will be this week. The fading is a lot more noticeable in these pics.

20130123_130731 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130744 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130750 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130755 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130801 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130810 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130819 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130829 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130836 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_130848 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Rear wheel

20130123_130943 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Front wheel

20130123_130951 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131100 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131152 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131202 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131341 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131432 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131406 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131414 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131355 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131449 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131848 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131602 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131607 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

The damaged gear stick boot

20130123_131634 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131721 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131822 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131817 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

20130123_131828 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

That's all the interesting pics for now. It looks quite dirty and like it's rusty underneath. But I've been told it's just really dusty, I believe them because they are one of the country's most reputable and well known importers and they've been in the business for well over a decade now. It only has minor discolouration, and mild surface rust on the exhaust, in a couple of spots, apparantly it's held up quite well compared to some other cars of similar age.

I'm currently in talk with a guy I know to do a full respray in the same colour and I'm tracking down some new bits for it, like the gear stick boot. Also might be looking at getting a few mild mods aswell to whack on when I get it.

To be continued...
    Last edited by MrLolololXD; 02/02/14 at 04:31 AM.
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

2. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

that brown dash HAS GOT TO GO!! otherwise she looks great, oh yeah she needs a nardi deepcorn leather wheel too

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

Congrats Harley. I'm sure you will do a great job restoring it and probably modifying it later at some point (personally if I was going to do a full respray I'd pick another colour - maybe midnight blue (might clash with interior though). Just don't forget to clean the interior early on in case the previous owner picked his nose or something

And how is Project GetYourLicense going?

The only problem is that you'll be seen as a P plater in a Supra... if you know what I mean

4. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

Epic mate, I for one LOVE the brown dash, usually see them as all black, didnt know they did 2 tone, looks cool- i've always loved the wrap around 'cockpit' styling on the MK4 dash too. Looks like the interior is loaded with goodies too, nice head unit, carbon fibre steering wheel- are those gauges stock, they dont look it to me but I havent paid that much attention to ones I have seen. Regardless, cant wait for it to land, maybe I'll even come down later in the year and see it
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/10437427735_3999998294_o.png
    FWD fan.
    No longer Owns his dream car.
    Proud owner of a Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel and Clubsport Pedals
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

Forzatographer- FM6 Gallery

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

What's that little black box to the right of the head unit stuck on the side of the console?

6. TimBud is offline brmm

Nice one Lol!
    looks in great condition.
    Hope the shipping time goes fast for you.

7. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TDUFREAK500 »
    that brown dash HAS GOT TO GO!! otherwise she looks great, oh yeah she needs a nardi deepcorn leather wheel too
    Thanks And that steering wheel ain't going anywhere. They cost 3 times more than any Nardi wheel to buy, plus I love the look of them. I'd rather keep it semi-factory looking too

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Congrats Harley. I'm sure you will do a great job restoring it and probably modifying it later at some point (personally if I was going to do a full respray I'd pick another colour - maybe midnight blue (might clash with interior though). Just don't forget to clean the interior early on in case the previous owner picked his nose or something

And how is Project GetYourLicense going?

The only problem is that you'll be seen as a P plater in a Supra... if you know what I mean
    Thanks Ryzza I love the moonstone colour, I'll probably just respray it the same colour because it's easier. A colour change might be a few years down the track, dunno, we'll have to see. I plan on doing a full detail of the interior as soon as I get it, so it'll be 100% booger free.

Project GetMyLicense is going well, although I got lazy again. Hopefully if I stop being so lazy I'll get it before or not long after taking delivery of the car. And I know what you mean about the P plater in a Supra...

Lots of harassment from the

Quote Originally Posted by _Pr0ph3cy_ »
    Epic mate, I for one LOVE the brown dash, usually see them as all black, didnt know they did 2 tone, looks cool- i've always loved the wrap around 'cockpit' styling on the MK4 dash too. Looks like the interior is loaded with goodies too, nice head unit, carbon fibre steering wheel- are those gauges stock, they dont look it to me but I havent paid that much attention to ones I have seen. Regardless, cant wait for it to land, maybe I'll even come down later in the year and see it
    I love the brown dash too, it looks refreshing for a change, I haven't seen many with them It has all options except for the Recaro bucket seats, but I'll get them eventually. The gauges are stock, but another thing I'll be after soon is a full TRD gauge cluster. 320kmh speedo, 10k rpm tacho and the triple gauge cluster, they're getting hard to come by though.

Sure, you can come down if you want. Otherwise I'll be heading up there around the end of Feb next year for Australia's biggest Supra cruise. Was gonna suggest to you would could go for a cruise around Mount Panorama

And I actually have no idea about what that little box is... Maybe it's a radar detector? I dunno I'll shoot off an email and see if the guys know what it is

--- Post Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by TimBud »
    Nice one Lol!
    looks in great condition.
    Hope the shipping time goes fast for you.
    Thanks! It's in pretty decent condition, just the few little things I mentioned to fix up. I hope the shipping time goes fast too, It's only been 2 and a half weeks since I won the auction, but it feels like 2 months
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

8. TimBud is offline brmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    What's that little black box to the right of the head unit stuck on the side of the console?
    I'm probably wrong but it looks a bit like a minidisc player.

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

I guess you could be right, that format never really took off here. Either you listened to cassettes or CDs and had the relevant adapter or retrofitted head unit if need be. Being Japan I'm surprised it hasn't already been removed. If it was a Ford/Holden I'd say it looked like it was a retrofitted box for switching between petrol and LPG (dual fuel).

10. TimBud is offline brmm

minidisc didn't take off anywhere...
    Maybe Lol could put up as poll/comp to guess what the mystery box is. Winner gets the car.

11. Dux
    Dux is offline BMW . . .

very nice supra bro, i really like it, have fun and good times driving it
    Duxxilly in the game

12. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Daaaaaayyyyyuuuummmmm dude congratulations on that sweeeet looking ride man. Looks absolutely awesome.

that inside carpet

13. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

That's a bloody sweet ride mate, love the brown dash That gear shift boot still looks better than the one in my Audi, guess your Supra wasn't owned by a dog-owner beforehand

Also, I'm with Tim when it comes to the little box, definitely looks like a minidisc player imo
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

14. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Nice to see someone has got one of there Dream cars.

I know you'll treat her well. Cant wait to see pictures of her in tip top condition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

15. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Dux »
    very nice supra bro, i really like it, have fun and good times driving it
    Thankyou, I have many fun times ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by SprDrp »
    Daaaaaayyyyyuuuummmmm dude congratulations on that sweeeet looking ride man. Looks absolutely awesome.

that inside carpet
    Thanks. It does look awesome And yeah I've never really been a fan of those 'tear' style front floor mats. I might see if I can eventually find a set of the solid black Supra branded floor mats one day.

Quote Originally Posted by smthng ls nstd »
    That's a bloody sweet ride mate, love the brown dash That gear shift boot still looks better than the one in my Audi, guess your Supra wasn't owned by a dog-owner beforehand

Also, I'm with Tim when it comes to the little box, definitely looks like a minidisc player imo
    Thanks man I've been getting a lot of mixed opinions about the dash colour, but most people love it. I reckon it goes good with the carbon fibre wheel too

I've been tracking down some new gear shift and handbrake boots, found this online store called Redline Goods. I've heard lots of good stuff about their products on the Supraforums, so I'll probably end up getting new ones from them. If you wanna give them a look, here you go http://www.redlinegoods.com/AudiA39603shiftboot.php

Quote Originally Posted by Calster17 »
    Nice to see someone has got one of there Dream cars.

I know you'll treat her well. Cant wait to see pictures of her in tip top condition!
    Yeah, now the only remaining cars on my 'dream' list are a 1969 Camaro ZL1, Zonda Cinque, Koeniggsegg CCXR and a Shelby Daytona Coupe. But none of those will ever happen

Thanks, and I can't wait to see it looking 100% again either
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

16. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Quote Originally Posted by MrLlllXD »
    I've been tracking down some new gear shift and handbrake boots, found this online store called Redline Goods. I've heard lots of good stuff about their products on the Supraforums, so I'll probably end up getting new ones from them. If you wanna give them a look, here you go http://www.redlinegoods.com/AudiA39603shiftboot.php
    Cheers mate, I'll have to look into it
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

17. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

No worries

And I just purchased my first modification. I was hoping I wouldn't jump into modification quite this fast, I won't even have the damn car for another 6 weeks lol, but oh well. Will post pics when it arrives.
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

18. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Wow, congrats Harley! Such a nice car, looks in good condition too! Besides, you will do something about the different colored bumpers, right?

19. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Congrats, mate! Looks tidy for a Supra! It just needs a big detail in the interior and engine bay. I'd suggest you retrimming the worn out steering wheel, because it makes the interior much older than it is actuall mileage. Ad the dash, I like this one for example, looks way modern in my opinion.

Slap some wide wheels and mild drop and call it a day. Oh, don't forget to get some huge turbos, cuz anything less than 800 HP sucks!!!!

20. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

This is epic. Looks like it needs just a little work to get it looking new again.
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

Search Tags

mrlolololxd
supra
toyota