1. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Default Corvette C7????

Corvette C7 put on hold

The new 35-mpg CAFE laws due to come into effect in 2020 has lots of effects all over the auto industry. And how automakers do not know what they would do to put this laws into reality, they start putting future project on hold. GM, for example, announced that the future C7, and also the RWD Impala are on hold.

GM had big plans for the C7. First they said it will be an evolution of the current V-8-powered, rear-drive layout; then an all-new mid-engine design; and finally a car based around the smaller, lighter Kappa component set. But at the Detroit Auto Show, the company said that "a regular LS2-powered Corvette with a 300-pound weight reduction would deliver the same performance as a 505-horsepower Z06. "
    This means that GM will focus on reducing weight in its future Corvette and not on increasing the power.

2. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Hm.. Can't say it looks overally beautiful. All it is, is a hunkered down, slightly reshaped version of the Corvette C6 Z06. Can't say i'm really bothered with the project being put on hold

3. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

Check it out. It is not that bad. Still don't know how to embed.

http://www.torcavettes.com/tech/Corvette_C7.jpg

4. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

whats CAFE

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

5. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Quote Originally Posted by RH12234 »

http://www.torcavettes.com/tech/Corvette_C7.jpg
    Oh my god. It's NOT THAT BAD?! are you insane?
    Sorry but thats the most ugly car I have seen for a long time. For example the rear lights look like squashed tomatoes. The stance is just out of proportion. In fact the only thing thats not that bad are the front lights but even they are a bit iffy. Just hold on a sec while I throw up!

6. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Quote Originally Posted by RH12234 »

To me it looks like a demented Ferrari F430.

Danm, that means the engines of cars such as the HSV series (VXR8=Clubsport) with their LS2 powerplant may be ceased in the future

7. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Quote Originally Posted by zo6dude »
    whats CAFE
    Have you never heard of Google? I mean when I searched that the first thing that came up with what CAFE stands for. Try it, search for "CAFE" on google and await wonders. Next time before you ask a silly question try to search for it first, you never know what you may find

8. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by TheScottishSpotter »
    Sorry but thats the most ugly car I have seen for a long time. For example the rear lights look like squashed tomatoes. The stance is just out of proportion. In fact the only thing thats not that bad are the front lights but even they are a bit iffy. Just hold on a sec while I throw up!
    lol, when you think about it's rear lights are like squashed tomatoes. In the body it's somewhat ok ...it is like a photoshoped Cadillac Cien.

9. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

one word: ugly

oh and TSS I don't know whats CAFE either and already searched on google and all I can find is coffee. so can u explain what it is?
    Last edited by Baltoman; 26/01/08 at 04:45 AM.

10. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i really hope that's bad photoshopping. that thing is hideous. C5 and C6 OWN!

11. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Quote Originally Posted by TheScottishSpotter »

OMG wat a stupid thing to say! Of course it's not how the real car will look like, it's how the website or magazine art directors think it will look like... Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

12. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Yeah well that was my opinion and it was 3am'ish when I said it . CAFE stands for Corporate Average Fuel Economy

13. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by KTF67 »
    I looks like a photoshoped Cadillac Cien (or at least I hope it is) if it is the real C7, i have lost all respect for the Corvette name.
    I have seen those piccys before, and someone put up a comparison piccy of a Cien, and they had the exact same bodyshape, so I would think it is fake.

14. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Stop posting fakes! Wait for the real one!

15. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

i like it its my opinion

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

LOL, forum wars over the C7, really do wait until its released, itll probably change alot until then

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

17. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

0MG THAT CAR IS SO UGLY!!!! BURN IT!! BURNT IT TO HELL!!!!1

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

18. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I've seen that befoe, it's just Photoshopped