Thread: Camels Mini

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

1. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Default Camels Mini

I think I ran out of petrol. >.< I knew I should of got some on Sunday as it was in the red using months old petrol.

At least I hope I've run out of petrol. Engine turns over fine and it did start a little bit but then stalled again. All I wanted to do was move it to the side a bit so I could clean it, take a few pics and check some other stuff. Don't want to keep trying till I get more petrol as it'll drag all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

Gotta wait till Thursday to get some petrol now.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It's not RIP mate, it's simply hibernating. Leave it be till you can feed it and it should be good. Alternatively grab a jerry can and a pipe and go play some Siphon Filter.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Doesn't sound a problem, just grab a pipe, bag of mints & two 2 litre bottles of coke, empty one of the bottles. Guess the rest from there
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This is Mellors remember, he needs instructions just to be able to get up stairs.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Or just get the petrol can from my dads on Thursday and drive his car to the petrol station?

6. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    This is Mellors remember, he needs instructions just to be able to get up stairs.
    Point there.

Find a car with petrol, then open the filler cap(ProTip: a brick may be required for 'excessive entry' if it's a premium car), then remove the Fuel cap(ProTip: Again additional tools may be needed here, a coat hanger or a hair clip often do the job). Once open drop the pipe down, get a mint or 5 ready and have the empty bottle at hand. Put the other end of the pipe in your mouth and give a quick suck. Once the fuel is moving up the pipe quickly take the end your mouth and point it in the bottle. Quickly have the mints. When done remove the pipe and walk off.
    The other bottle of cake was only bought as it was on offer for getting two.

Of course if it's a newer car it'll have a 'anit theft' device in the way of the tank...

Not that I know any of this from experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Camel »
    Or just get the petrol can from my dads on Thursday and drive his car to the petrol station?
    That could work...but not much fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

7. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I thought you actually ruined your car glad to see you didn't.

I apologize for calling you an idiot.Sorry.

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

Just ask a bee to pee in the fuel tank

BP for those of you who don't get it

9. Sponge is offline Spongify

If it's a carbed engine, just spray a bit of easy start in the carbs and top her up. You'll be reet

If there's crap in the tank, just siphon it off?

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

10. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    BP for those of you who don't get it
    Thanks
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

11. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

You're a patient man Lemac, I would have cracked the crappers by now and walked to the nearest place that sells a jerry can and petrol.
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

12. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

Nice work camel.

^GIVE INTERNETS^

13. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

*fills car with rice*

The floor lining and carpets were frozen solid. Need to find the leak(s). Also need to find where the floor drain plug things are and take them out for a while to let water drain out. Just got as much of the water as possible out of the car, gonna let the rice do the rest.

I think I know where it's coming from, there's some rust just behind the dash in the scuttle panel and I'm hoping it's not gone all the way through as the paintwork is fine on the outside, no bubbling. Should be able to sand it away and bodge it up with some filler.

Had a decent look underneath and all the floors look sound, no rust. But the rear subframe is a bit rusty, again hoping it's just surface rust and I can sort it myself. It did pass the MOT in May with slight corrosion, although they said it was the floors which I'm not sure if they were redone.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

My old car once started leaking water into the passenger footwell, after a few attempts (added silicone, removed quarter panel and loads of leaves stuck inside) I just sold it to some other schmuck.

15. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Still doesn't work.

Spent half an hour defrosting all the locks so I could get in. It sounds better each time I try though. But it is -1 and the oil is quite low.

Got some screen wash and 20/50 classic car oil. Just need to get some wood to make some ramps and get the car going to chance the oil.

16. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Did you put some petrol in the carbs?

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

17. Ryzza5 is offline .

Do you have anti freeze in the coolant?

18. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Ducks in the boot?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

19. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I have ducks in the boot yes.

Couldn't do much under the bonnet as my fingers were frozen after getting into the car. Sunday will be the next day that I can do anything.

20. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

Did you try turning it off and on again?

^GIVE INTERNETS^

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last