Topic:

Camels Mini

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Jacob is offline Car Aficianado

I apologize, I didn't mean anything by it. It just didnt make sense to put that heavy of an oil in. But if its what's reccomended then I can't really say much.

2. Ryzza5 is offline .

Still waiting for interior photos and driving videos

3. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

he has probably run out of gas again

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

4. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Sorry if I seemed snappy, didn't mean too.

And I didn't run out of petrol. I didn't take the choke out. Don't know which is worse anyway though.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

I think my first car had a choke too - was a 1985 Ford Telstar Ghia 2.0L 5spd manual. Wasn't properly my car (got it when I was neatly 16 to learn in, but wasn't registered in my name obviously). Ended up with too many cars so we decided to get rid of it and I learnt in our Mitsubishi Starwagon (8 seat van) 5spd manual.

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Had an interesting day...

Made the ramps today. Only just made it up the first step. Planed them off so it was a less steep gradient and much smoother. Made if just over halfway up and it just couldn't make it further and I rolled backwards, straight over the blocks of wood behind the rear tires and straight into my stepdads tool shed.

So there's a big exhaust shaped hole in the side of it. And also all of the water and muck got shot out of the exhaust and also made the side of the shed black. My car took a dump.

So it's a good job I didn't buy the metal ramps as I'd have no chance getting up them as my wooden ones were only 4 steps high and not 5.

Getting a jack tomorrow to lift the car up and put the ramps under the tires. I will get the car on the ramps!

7. Ryzza5 is offline .

Why don't you get some friends around and just pick the car up?

8. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

That's been suggested, but I don't want to rip its face off.

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Fair enough, don't want to do a Hammond now do we

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Exactly haha.

Went and bought a trolley jack today but it wouldn't fit under the front of the car. It would sort of but not under the subframe, just a few mm too tall. So we tried to get each wheel onto a plank of wood 47mm thick with a sloped edge. But nope, couldn't do it. We had to push it while I was using the engine to get up. Managed to make it up in the end and change the oil. Oil didn't loo too great... And only 3 litres came out when there should be 4.5 in it.

Also found the horn and screen washer. They're funny.

For the first few miles after the oil change the car had no power at all. But once It got around the engine it was like a whole new car. Very nippy but it's probably slow. Feels really quick.

Although before it started working properly I had someone flash their lights at me because I could only do 20mph up a hill in second with my foot down. But then I shot away on the corners which put a smile on my face.

11. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Went out for a nice 60 mile drive earlier. Took a 40 minute video of me being scared dodging potholes which I'll get uploaded later or tomorrow. It did between 65 and 70mph surprisingly easily but then blew a cloud of smoke under the car which came through the hole where the gearbox cover should be. It didn't like doing that speed. We think it was oil being burnt off as it is a tad over the max mark on the dipstick.

It was so fun but there's still plenty of work that needs to be done on the car.

New front tyres
    New valves on the rear alloys
    New alloy wheel caps(only has 2...)
    Ride height adjustable suspension cones
    Find the main leak
    Fix the windscreen seal
    Refurb and repaint the alloys white
    New oil seals, CV joint and knuckle gaiters
    Maybe a new exhaust, not just a tip like the current one
    Might get a quickshift kit
    4 wheel tracking

Nothing too expensive. It will cost about £100-150 minus the tyres which will be about £125 alone.

12. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

'xcuse me but your steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side of the car add that to the to fix list

13. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by I hate BMW »
    'xcuse me but your steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side of the car add that to the to fix list
    The Romans drove on the left, they were pretty smart, it is YOU who is on the wrong side
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

14. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I believe it's located on the right side of the car.

It also looks a lot nice when the carpet is in... But until I fix the leak the carpet will be staying on the back seats.

15. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Yea, but right can be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Stella »
    The Romans drove on the left, they were pretty smart, it is YOU who is on the wrong side
    And they exist no longer The majority drives on the correct side, you just like to be hipsters

16. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by I hate BMW »
    Yea, but right can be wrong

And they exist no longer The majority drives on the correct side, you just like to be hipsters
    Which Side Of The Road To Drive On? Left Or Right, Country By Country Around The World

Keeping left came first, get used to it
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

17. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Whatever rocks your boat

18. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Stella »
    I dunno, their civilization fell apart, which means what they did, didn't work.

Glad to see/hear the Mini works.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

19. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence »
    I dunno, their civilization fell apart, which means what they did, didn't work.
    Yeah.. they were useless.. totally behind the times...

I LIKE MINIS
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

The centre caps for alloys are very hard to find and very expensive.

Should I paint the alloys white or repaint them in gold?

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Search Tags

camels
mini
rip