Topic:

Camels Mini

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Very icy car...

2. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

SO cute. *SO jelly*
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

3. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I like that BMW Individual Frozen Blue paint.

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

Try Ctrl+Alt+Del next time it's frozen.

I thought you would've gone for a red one but the blue looks ace.

5. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

It's alive!

1st time I got a few revs then nothing, 2nd time it started, sounded rough and then died out but 3rd time it started, sounded a little bit rough then settled down and idled for a minute or 2 with a few blips in the revs. But it sounds better today than it did the last time I drove it.

Just need to pick up my parcel from the post office for my new brake lights and seat extender brackets. Then go to the timber yard and get some wood to make ramps with so I can change the oil. Got some Halfords 20w50 classic car oil for it yesterday, I've only read good things about it on the Mini forums.

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

Now I remember why Datsuns were so popular

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I would've been fine if I didn't let the petrol get so low. Won't be doing that again.

8. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

20w50? Jeeez..

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

9. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Had it running again today to move it and it was running like utter crap again. I can't get it fixed up on my own because for starters I haven't got a clue what i need to do atm and I keep getting let down by people who say they'll come and give me a hand. I just want to see if having new oil and enough oil would make it work fine.

May as well bloody sell it and get some money back.

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Fixed it.. Well, it wasn't broken in the first place. I just didn't realise it didn't have an auto choke.

Once the previous owner advised me about that it started straight away first time, quicker than my dads car in this kinda weather!

He also brought round the CD player too and . The speakers aren't bad to say they're older than me but it's safe to say I'll be buying some new ones after Christmas.

Oh, I'm also closer to finding the leak. Passenger footwell had 2 inches of water in it with no water anywhere else. Emptied it all out and more water seamed to be coming up through the floor? What is this magic?

11. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Video time.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Camel »
    He also brought round the CD player too and .
    How does one bring 's?
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    How does one bring 's?
    Well, I opened the door and he was doing that with his face.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

So essentially when you went to buy the car the previous owner asked if you knew how to drive it and you went 'yes of course, how hard could it be'

Glad to hear the car's fine and it's just you with a few issues

iirc a shotgun is the correct way to deal with flooded footwells

15. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Well yea and I'm not shooting my car...

I'm still not any closer to figuring out why it keeps flooding. But I have a feeling the floor will need redoing. Shouldn't be too costly though.

16. Jacob is offline Car Aficianado

I'm with MB, 20w-50 oil??? That's thicker what we put in huge diesel's in the summer. Let alone a tiny engine in the dead of winter. 5w-20 or even 0w-20 would be better. Just because it says classic car oil doesn't mean you should put it in. That's probably why it's running so rough is the oil is too thick cold to circluate through your engine quick enough to lubricant everything. Any way I'm loving the mini, I would love to have one.

17. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I'm not an idiot, I did research the best oil for the car before I went out and bought it. It came to either the Halfords 20w50 or another 20w50 oil. The Haynes manual says 10w40 so putting in the ones you said would more than likely damage it as they're far to thin.

Also the A series engines don't play nice with synthetic oil either. Remember the engine design is from the 50's, just tweaked a bit.

18. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'm not an idiot.
    Yes yes, we know already; you're a stupid.

19. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I'm not an idiot
    Deep breath Any luck with the flooding yet?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Been too busy with uni stuff and work recently to have a proper look. And when I have had time, it's been raining so I can't do anything.

Got 5 weeks off now though.

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

Search Tags

camels
mini
rip