1. Location: Berlin, Germany | Posts: 11 |   #1
    Just a Skidmark

Unhappy Pink Skid Marks! - Need help

I have this annoying graphic mistake since I installed the DLC2 and the exploration pack.
    Help me please!!!

Thanks

2. Location: Germany | Posts: 341 |   #2
    Polo Player

You need to update your testdrive2.exe. This is the result of using an older exe (e. g. build6) in a newer build-version.

3. Location: Berlin, Germany | Posts: 11 |   #3
    Just a Skidmark

still same problem, but thanks

4. Location: Scotland, UK | Posts: 15,682 |   #4
    I'm Delicious!

I remember reading on the tdu2.com forums that this was caused when a file was damaged that was fine before the update is installed. I'm not sure if it can just be a simple case of finding the file in your installer or whatnot but you may need to reinstall the game to replace the broken file.

5. Location: Germany | Posts: 341 |   #5
    Polo Player

i found something that might help:

look here:

Forums / Modifications and Tools / How to fix your pink skidmarks problem.. - TDU2 Mods Texmod Tutorial - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Mods and Tutorials

@Diablo (or another admin). Delete the link if it is against the rules.

6. Location: Berlin, Germany | Posts: 11 |   #6
    Just a Skidmark

sorry, still there. i read that there were some compatibility problems with some graphic cards. i've got a 250GTS. any known problems with this one?
    Last edited by b0wf1re; 05/12/12 at 16:26 PM.

7. Location: Toroto, Ontario, Canadadadadia | Posts: 791 |   #7
    Beercules

I have a 250 GTS aswell, the fix above fixed the problem for me. Make sure you installed it properly.

8. Location: SB/RO | Posts: 119 |   #8
    in a psychedelic mood

Wink just a tip

That has nothing to do with your graphic card. Anyway, there's two ways in order to resolve this:

1. Delete "TD_TireSkid.sob" from "Test Drive Unlimited 2\Euro\Shaders". The file will be re-downloaded when the game is restarted - valid for packed (original) version of game.

advertisement

2. Copy/Paste "TD_TireSkid.sob" (DB's link) to "Test Drive Unlimited 2\Euro\Shaders" - valid for packed (original) & unpacked (modded) version of game.

9. Sponsored Links