Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

1. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Default Calster's "Fleet"

IF your reading this, your seeing the start of my car ownership journey, adventures and sometimes thought's starting from late 2012.

It's and odd one, with cars ranging in size, engine configuration and age. One thing's for sure though, they all have a special space in my memory.

So starting from the top...
    ----
    As some of you's know I've gotten a Clio reasently. Due to work reason's I can't share cars with my parents any longer, so I've got to change from the great saloon cars to a small 1.2 hatchback.

Anyway, about the car...it's a 2001 Renault Clio 1.2 8v Authentique, which translates to 'Poverty Spec'. Bought a few months ago it's covered 82K miles and were the 2nd owner(long story short we know the first owner but diddent know this when buying as it was there son's wife that was selling it), 800 and 2 unused 'winter' tyres came in the boot. Car highlight's include the factory fitted cassette/radio & fake leather backed front seats and factory spec wheel trims on the rear wheels only, as you can guess it's quite the magnet to females.

Mod's?...
    Sticker's and the 'winter' tyres on the front's. only got them on as the front two were bold on the inside(tracking/alignment were off). The stickers are because racecar really, got a Turbozilla sticker on the back and on the front bumper a Shoshinsha mark to show i've not long started to drive, using it for it's REAL meaning!(I've had my license for over a year and been driving since then, but since it's the first car registered & insured by myself, got some reasoning).
    That's it for now other than, not planning on doing anything crazy to it at all, as I'll maybe be selling it in 6 months and getting something else.

Been on a few trips for the hell of it, also to show my friends some good driving roads. Yesterday was one of these trips

Mine is the clio and the Fabia is my friends! (It's a 1.4MPi Classic), photo was taken halfway into the trip at Glenshee ski center.

Clio & Fabia by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    Last edited by calster17; 14/02/16 at 00:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

2. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

So sadly, i'm to part with the Clio for the next week while im away down south.

In the meantime I've decided not to do anything to her other than upkeep and repair work, as i found out how much I'll be earning at my new job(its alot more than expected) and I'll be getting something else in a few months. Need's a new starter for sure as it's sticking when i start her up, easy job to do though and will be doing it when im back.
    Not decided what as of yet, got a few ideas of what I'd like but I'll be looking into them(mostly for insurance prices). Everything from a Carpi to the brand new MG6!
    But one thing I will be doing is sorting out the ol MR2, as she's sadly in a sad state.
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

3. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Yes she is, I told you to fix her years ago! Glad to hear things are good, Calster.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

4. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

You did I've been meaning to work on her for ages but sadly moneys not been on my side for a while.

Here's hoping in a few months I'll have her up here in a running condition and the body in a okay state
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

So I've narrowed down my list of cars a bit more.

Subaru Legacy or Forrester.
    Suzuki Jimny
    Rover 45/ MG ZS
    Rover 75
    Rover 25 Van.
    Old Merc of some kind.
    Suzuki Cappuccino

If I save the cash a bit longer, I could hold out and get a Corolla AE86, S13 Silvia or a R30 or R31 Skyline. (both would be expensive to get hold of, but would love it).

All are insurance pending as well though.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

6. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

Track down (...maybe not so much track down in your part of the world, however) an AE92 FX-GT, or an AE92 Trueno
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/10437427735_3999998294_o.png
    FWD fan.
    No longer Owns his dream car.
    Proud owner of a Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel and Clubsport Pedals
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

Forzatographer- FM6 Gallery

7. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

There just as hard to get hold of as the skylines I said about! lol That said a AE92 Trueno is nice!(have one in kaido Racer 2) Also would be the only one in the UK i'd guess!

I'd not be making the car track ready though, got the MR2 for that when it's fixed up & ready.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

8. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

LOL, here the R30 and R31 skylines are fairly common- we never got the 2 door AE92 variants, so they are rare as hens teeth, you at least had the FX-GT (I think thats what it was called there? or maybe GTI-16 or something? 2 door hatch with the 4AGE anyway), we got 2 different 4 door variants with the 4AGE, and they arent worth much and dont look nearly as sleek as even the FX-GT... >.>
    FWD fan.
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

9. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Australia have always been lucky and gotten cars that are 'Japan only' and such, UK has alot of imports though. Only cars in the UK to be officially sold with a 4AGE(to my knowledge) are the AE86 & AW11.(both the 1.6, 16V). Saying the GTi-16 made me think of the Peugeot 309 GTi16 , which is meant to be a hella of a car.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

10. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

Really??? I thought you guys got a 4age ae92 lol. We didnt get many Japan only Toyotas at all (i'm a massive toyota nerd, corollas in particular), the closest ae92 we got was the SX Seca (I have a non SX seca with a 4afe and 3 speed auto, yaaaay)/hatch and the gti hatch (all 4 door, no 2 door).
    FWD fan.
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

11. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Think after the AE86 they kelped the sporty corollas JDM. I think anyway. :s

Forgot to add to my list:

MR2 (SW20)
    Proton Jumbuck
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

12. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

Not all, but most, the good ones at least lol.
    FWD fan.
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

13. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

So whats new? Well not much actually. More miles and that's it. Going to be spraying the steelies it's on to sliver for a commercial look(cheaper than buying the ones off a Renault Kangoo).

Plans on next car? Well insurance is low for anything...as in stupidly low, hella low, low! A Rover 75 CTD is only an extra 310 on top of the 950 I've paid for my current insurance with the Clio for the year! So when I find one that's good price/condition and not got any niggles that'll come to bite me in the rear(Clutch, I'm looking at you). I've got some plans for it as well, so expect to get to see something special happing with the car.

And what'll happen with the clio? She'll be put into storage at a family friends barn, as a extra car for time's we need one.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

14. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I've got a new motor, what is it?

Honda Civic Aerodeck 1.6 SE

What to say? well Not much as it is as I haven't actually driven it yet, no Tax or Insurance as of yet. But bodywork it's spotless, and the cars original and sounds fine. Got it for 600 at auction(did a last second bid), will do a full report on it when ive picked it up.

So plans? well doing a basic service in a few days, filters, oil, spark plugs, etc once i order the parts.

Honda Civic Aerodeck by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Will have more pictures up in the next few days.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

15. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Nice Honver/Rovda/Rover+Honda.

What are you plans about the Clio you have?

16. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Apu Nahasapeemapetilon »
    Nice Honver/Rovda/Rover+Honda.

What are you plans about the Clio you have?
    It was't until after I got it and had a good look round it that I figured it was the same civic based on the Rover 400/45. Funny how things work out there.

For the Clio. Were keeping her for now, my dad may swap his current car and use the Clio again(was originally his), or we'll rest he up in a friends barn and keep it for when we need it. Other option is we sell her, which we can make a profit on what we bought if for, but I'd much rather keep her.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

17. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Calster17 »
    or we'll rest he up in a friends barn
    Barn finds of the future - Renault Clios

Congrats on the car purchase, and yes some RS watanabe/Minilights would look awesome on it. Other than that, see if you can find a Jap style grille like Dan has on his Civic, would look 100x better instantly
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

18. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLolololXD »
    Barn finds of the future - Renault Clios

Congrats on the car purchase, and yes some RS watanabe/Minilights would look awesome on it. Other than that, see if you can find a Jap style grille like Dan has on his Civic, would look 100x better instantly
    Just think, future editions of Forza Horizon will feature it, as well as being sold at Bonhams auctions.

Only huge mod i'd consider doing would be making it a Rover 45 'Tourer'. As the Rover 400/45 & Civic/Aerodeck(that style of civic) are the same body/interior! An actual 45 Tourer was never made due to Honda limiting the terms to just a saloon.

People have done it, using both the pre-facelift and facelift Rover 45.

Yes I'm nuts.
    Last edited by calster17; 27/03/13 at 13:25 PM.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

19. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado

Sweet! Drop it an inch or 2 (nothing silly) on some white/polished lip Sprinthart's, and as mrlolol said, JDM grill- will look great, imo. Not so keen on turning it into a Rover- do as you will, its your car, and all that business but I reckon it'd be better left as a Civic- and I dont like Civics much :P
    FWD fan.
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

20. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I'd really have to watch when dropping it if I did due to the fantastic road conditions we have(super-pot holes and such) and the fact I do alot of driving on single lane roads, or up in the mountains. Also the car will be a luggage loader. But I'll see.

With the grill, can't get a JDM one as my cars not a Civic par-say, it's really a Domani, so hence why the rover change is appealing to me. And Like the idea of RS watanabe/Minilights on as I personally think it'd look well, some gunmetal gray/black one's would fit it to a tee. Although the minilights are cheaper & easyer to get over here in the UK.

Going to see how things go though.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last