Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Decked the 'Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

2. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

And Sadly, the good Ol Clio will be sold during the next week. My dad's finally gotten a car that suit's his needs (back to saloons again!) and we have no need for Clio now.

Picture took with my new camera!

Been with us since last June to cover my dad while he fixed up the Saab 95, then when I got my current Job I got the Clio and he took the Saab again, and after he sold that and I got the Civic, he took the Clio back.

Will be sad to see the old girl go, and hope it's a caring owner he gets her.
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

3. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Wolf's having an identity crisis I think...

~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

4. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Oh, please not that poop. Instead, throw the MG nose on and leave the Honda badges on the trunk.

5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Don't worry, it's not stuck on(can see the tips of the H behind it). Got the badges from the scrappy So though I'd play with it(Got the one showen, off the backo f a facelift ZR, and a badge off a ZS and the ZS lettering)

Going to see about the MG front end next year after Ive got everything sorted out. Got the MoT next month so everything may go up in smoke if something big comes up and the cost to fix it is not worth it.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

6. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Got all the new seats in finally, had the fronts in since last weekend but the rears needed some extra work, I though it'd be a case of fitting right back in and job done which sadly it was't the case, for starters half the bolts are different sizes and the hook for locking them in place was smaller than whats fitted to my car. So had to do a run to the scrappy again to get the ones to fit, then forgot to get a drill bit the right size for drilling holes in the fitting for the original bolts. I also got the center arm rest thing as well(forgot it last week) as having the hard plastic one diddent seem to look right.

Got the door cards to put in next, doing that sometime in the near future.

Still got the strut brace as well to fit if I want, but not rushing for it as got other things to do first.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

7. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

It's been awhile since I updated this, so lets got a nice update!

The garage:

The Civic, AKA 'Wolf'.
    She's still going strong as ever, hauling all sorts of crap and scraping on speed bumps. Would't have it any other way. Haven't had any new mods since the last report, just more stickers on the off-side rear window and the yellow headlamp tint. She's getting re-taxed as well as new belts and timing done as well as sorting the valve clearances.
    May end up looking like a MG ZS by the end of the year.

The Clio. AKA "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" or "The Shed", "the van" or "PoS" (Peace of S...)

She's a 1999 1.2 8V Clio, Mk2 phase 1 'Poverty Spec'.Only has 64.5K miles under it's wheels and drives like a dream. It's better to list what it doesn't' have rather than it has, so to start the list: No Power Steering, ABS, TC, Rev counter, rear seats. Has unpainted bumpers, original Renault cassette player, 4 wheels, 2 doors and a roof as well as some rust. To be fair, it's better than it sounds, mechanical its perfect, body wise it looks a dog.
    This acts as a van and soon to be track car, because racecar and all.

Why do i have two cars? because i needed something to use for work while the Civic was getting fixed for its MoT back in October (2013), got the clio cheap and haven't the heart to sell her. Love the basic thrill of it and has the classic go-kart handling of the mk2 Clio!

Heres a teaser image of things to come for "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition"
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

8. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quad post from me...

Anyway, project "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" is getting even closer to finished state...

Whats lighter than a carbon bonnet? No bonnet at all of course.

Actually do have a new bonnet on it, old one was way to rusted and as some of you guys may have seen I've got a new bonnet for it(By new I mean off a scraped, white Clio). Also removed the front heat shield as it had come loose and sitting on the gear linkage, so got a annoying rattle when changing gear.(By removed, I mean bashed, sawed and tugged the thing off). Tomorrow the rear seats are to be removed for the weekend(trackday) and i'm doing the oil change, then off to get a full tank of Shell V-power(again, only for the trackday) as well as putting some redex in the tank...because of course i need to squeeze every bit of power from that once mighty engine.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Wouldn't the weight savings of no bonnet be offset by the aero inefficiencies created?

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

But what about the improved cooling?

11. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Remover the front bumper and grille, install the bonnet and go to the racetrack.

12. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Who needs aerodynamics when the car can weigh the same as a 20 Marlboro?
    Form > Function, etc etc blah blah

Besides, this is how she looks now...

Looks nicer(no rust along the bottom right) as well as safer(i'll post a picture of how badly rusted the flip side is!).

I've got to try and squeeze every bit of power from that once might 60hp 8v engine and make the most of the 93Nm torques it once had.

Oh, before anyhate for the 'Renault Sport' stickers I've on the car(got the retro ones on the front/back and got modern ones on the side)...this is a piss-take* track car. So the sport part is because of the lack of.

*Been told in that context, it's allowed!
    Last edited by calster17; 20/02/14 at 19:07 PM.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

So now it's heavier (no rust)?

14. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Was a hard choice, but is was safety or lightness. As the rust was around the bonnet catch. Also with me in the car any means of weight saving is lost.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

15. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

So scene. Finally got round to doing this.

NyanZilla rocks.
    Had the blue filler cap for months now but only just got round to putting it on and doing this. No reason to do it other than scene points. Can swap it for the black(with ZillaGhost sticker) as well when I get bored of it.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

16. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

best to update this I guess?

- Civic: Still in my possession, and still not got an MOT.

- Cappo: Providing much love and driving thrills but potential work is annyoing me.

- "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" : Sadly, she got sold last September. But Is still alive and apparently awaiting a Clio 182 engine swap...

New to the 'fleet'

- Lexus LS400 aka "The Lexbus", "Lexembourg" or "HMS Lex-Bardge" : Sure most of you guys know of this one already.
    It's a year 2000 lexus LS400 (UFC20) with the VVTI 4.0 1UZ V8. in this spec it pumps out 290 Hp & 300Lb Ft and weighs in the same region of the average medium commercial aircraft. it has leather everything and genuine wood inserts in the dash, and electric everything. Also has a Sat-nav built in as standard. Back new it would have cost the equivalent of £60,000 - 65,000 in today money and cost's around the same to fuel it for 2 hours...
    Has been used as everything Lexus never intended it to be used from...from 'hooning' it on twisty mountain roads, drag racing and used as a tent for camping. Expect a trackday to be ticked off the box soon...

Kia Rio "Ice": I've mentioned this car a few times. It has 4 wheels, 4 brakes (you would't think it), a roof and allegedly has an engine but honestly think I've been walking the entire time I've had to drive it. Does have working air-con though!

And that's it for now.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

17. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

When are we taking the Kia out for a test drive...?

18. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Update time....

Civic 'Wolf'
    Still not got it's MOT, a year and 3 months after i fail it...had done 250 miles since Oct 2014 though.
    Currently under the status of "Open for offers" though.

Cappuccino "LilCoffee"
    Been off the road since October 2015, in a state of "find the rust" and will be up for sale soon.
    Yup, I've given up and thrown the towel in on this. Honestly the best drivers car I've owned but trying to keep the rust under control is unreal. And I'm on about structural rust! Lesson learnt...I should have just gotten a good one rather than take a risk one and fix her up.
    She will be missed.

Lexus LS400
    As of yesterday, she has been in my ownership a year. Still doing things Lexus never designed it to do.
    Latest to that list include using it as an actual boat during heavy flooding (only damage is the heatshield on the O/S/R is now loose, and some lacquer peeling off on a part it was alreday) and getting airborne while doing a speed that may or may not have been above legal limit's. A trackday is due this year after the brakes, service and timing have been done.

And that's it, the Kia got scrapped due to structural rust, bought for £200 and scrapped for £100. Not bad considering how much it got thrashed....
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

19. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

R.I.P. Kia. *puts on funeral suit* I'd have expected you to give it some sort of viking funeral.

You sure you shouldn't wait to do all the work on the LExus until after the track day?

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Soooo, what are you eyeing up now?

You know you can't have just the 1 car.

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last