1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

What sort of event is this? The used-used-useless car show!
    I'm a bit mental.

2. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by me™ »
    Look at this piece of crap I found in Fraserburgh today!

*Pic of epic car*

I should feel flattered, a random took a picture of my car! Who needa a supercar!
    Also being Fraserburgh, you should know everything is crap.

Should have left a note in the window or something. Also did you miss the Austin Maestro just down from 'Wolf'?

On another note, they arrived!

The Alloys are Caliber Eclipse's,with Falken ZE912's. Now need to lower her slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Nice. The 912s are brilliant tyres for me. Will look much better when lowered too.

4. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Camel »
    Nice. The 912s are brilliant tyres for me. Will look much better when lowered too.
    I'm finding them really good, actually seeing an advantage in grip than before, making it more like the Clio was! The alloys are bigger & wider than the original Honda ones though, now 15" by 195(all round), and the Alloys are offset by +38 which has brought them inline with the wheelarch.
    Good thing I did get new alloys, although the tread on the front tyres was fine, the sidewalls on the inside were cracked all round, and quite deep in places. Rears ones were fine though(look new still, thank you last owner)

With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low, so for now I'm going to settle with some MG ZS springs & dampers, as being the same car as mine, they fit right on and are lower than the Honda/Rover setting. Will play around and see, wanting it for handling as opposed to looks, even if there is a bit of gap between the wheel and arch.
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

5. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Calster17 »
    With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low...
    Meh, that rim style screams to me Stance Nation!! If you're going for handling though, screw springs. You want coilovers. Springs are mainly for appearance, some even worsen handling. If I were you I'd either save up for coils or buy swaybars and then save for coils later.
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

6. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I'm still new to what to do for suspension and whats better for what.

I'm going to be getting rear anti-roll bars off a Rover 45 or MG ZS soon though, I'd like to get her lowered by the 27th of July but wanting to keep the money(Spent near £700 on the Alloys/Tyres and a Gun)

I've got to fix the exhaust first though, the downpipe & the Cat are no longer connected, so you can guess how loud it is, not to mention the vibrations & smell i'm getting. Got a new downpipe & middlepipe(current one is patched up alreday with a bean can by myself) and the cat on it is okay to keep useing. So hopefully fixing it tomorrow.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

7. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Aren't those Work Equip replicas? They look great on it, though you need to lower it a lot. Not slamm it, but definitely 4 cm at least.

8. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I'm finding them really good, actually seeing an advantage in grip than before, making it more like the Clio was! The alloys are bigger & wider than the original Honda ones though, now 15" by 195(all round), and the Alloys are offset by +38 which has brought them inline with the wheelarch.
    Good thing I did get new alloys, although the tread on the front tyres was fine, the sidewalls on the inside were cracked all round, and quite deep in places. Rears ones were fine though(look new still, thank you last owner)

With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low, so for now I'm going to settle with some MG ZS springs & dampers, as being the same car as mine, they fit right on and are lower than the Honda/Rover setting. Will play around and see, wanting it for handling as opposed to looks, even if there is a bit of gap between the wheel and arch.
    Good idea, it's what I'm doing too. The only reason I got pretty much new everything for my suspension is to get it setup properly for fast road and it should handle miles better. I could drop it pretty much to the floor and give it stupid amounts of negative camber or "stance" but to me it looks ridiculous and will also make it handle like a damp flannel.

9. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Apoo »
    Aren't those Work Equip replicas?
    They are replicas, at £350 for just 1 Equip 03 alloy with no tyre...well you can guess. :lol

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Camel »
    Good idea, it's what I'm doing too. The only reason I got pretty much new everything for my suspension is to get it setup properly for fast road and it should handle miles better. I could drop it pretty much to the floor and give it stupid amounts of negative camber or "stance" but to me it looks ridiculous and will also make it handle like a damp flannel.
    Yeah, rather it handles and I get fun from her, than have it as a show car and have to worry about speed bumps & pot holes!
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

10. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Should have left a note in the window or something. Also did you miss the Austin Maestro just down from 'Wolf'?
    I saw that, yes.

Also, you bloody copy cat! I've had mine since September!

I love all this talk about modifying suspension for handling. Mine is fine-handling as it is! It's been through Glen Shee several times at perfectly legal speeds, honest. Also, I cannot see the point in lowering my MX-5. It's low enough as it is. I've already got scrapes on the underside of the front bumper!
    Last edited by me™; 10/06/13 at 13:52 PM.

11. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

All cars need more low as wheelgap is ugly!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

12. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Didn't know you had a MX5 me, have I been living under a rock?
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

13. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I saw that, yes.

Also, you bloody copy cat! I've had mine since September!

I love all this talk about modifying suspension for handling. Mine is fine-handling as it is! It's been through Glen Shee several times at perfectly legal speeds, honest. Also, I cannot see the point in lowering my MX-5. It's low enough as it is. I've already got scrapes on the underside of the front bumper!
    I was originally going to get Equip 01 replicas(made by Caliber as well), but picked the Eclipse. They suit both our cars though, but yours better...as you dont have the huge wheel gap like mine!

The MX5 is a good handling car as it is, so no need to tinker with it unless you wanted over-steer I when turning every corner!

As you should try the Banchory - Fettercairn road if you haven't alreday, not as fast or sweeping as the A93, but more challenging and the vista points are great.
    And once at Fettercairn you can turn back and do the road again or head to Laurencekirk and back up the A90.

Heres a picture from the last drive me and my mates did up that road,at a half way point, 'Cairn o Mount'...
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

14. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Just tell me next time you bunch of wrong-wheel drive hatchback owners do it and I'll spank you!

15. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Just tell me next time you bunch of wrong-wheel drive hatchback owners do it and I'll spank you!
    Sounds like a plan, although I don't it for racing, go for the joy of driving.
    The Fabia driver on the otherhand...but I don't think a 1.4 SOHC with 115k on the clock will cause you any problems though?

I'll have to add you on Facebook or something.

-

The exhaust is still held together with two jubilee clips, place gave us the wrong downpipe(two different types) and they could't get my one...saying the only place that would have one would be Honda them self. So just went online and finally ordered one tonight...heres hoping to finally get it fixed next weekend.
    Now I'm just thinking what I should get next, new break pads & disk's all round or coilovers?

Tempted for the breaks, mine are fine now but wanting to get fancy ones, also an excuse to spray the calipers with plasti dip.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

16. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Do the brakes. Get some slotted rotors and then do your calipers black and put white Honda or Civic logos on them

1 3 5

2 4 6 R

17. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Thinking of doing the calipers Pink, red or dark grey. Dunno about a logo on them, but if I did it would't be Civic ones...maybe a MG/Rover logo.

still trying to find a good set of leather/half leather seats from a R45 or ZS, found some at the scrappy in a 45 saloon, but as I guessed there no use for me due to the 45 saloon not having folding rear seats. The hunt go's on.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

18. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Oh god, I'm a bit drunk and there's a fake fly on the screen! This is freaking me out!
    Also, why not just buy an MG in the first place if you want one so bad? I'll tell you my real name for facebook via PM, but I think my security settings are such that people can't add me.

19. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

The flys Paul, and theres a 1 in 50 chance of seeing him!

I was originally after a Rover 75, but was at the auctions(thainstain mart) and saw the Aerodeck, and put a last second bid in and won.
    they never made the MG ZS in estate form, Honda never made that part of the agreement, shame as they look great with MG/Rover front ends(people have done front end swaps). It's good though as I can get OME stuff from both MG,Rover & Honda!

Oh, i got the exhaust sorted finally and also...

~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

20. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Good news:

1) 'Wolf' Never let me down during a 600 mile round trip round the north of Scotland, on some great, challenging roads while carrying a full load of stuff.

2)

MeisterR Coilovers for the M style civics's! Took a while to find but found them, and managed to get in on a group buy on the Civic5 fourm(saved myself about £100).

Bad news:

1) On said 600 mile trip, i started to hear a squeeking metal sound when turning, turns out a CV boot is ripped....also grease is everywhere inside my NSF wheel and calipers. Cheap enough to fix but cant be bothered doing it.

2) As expected, all the blots and such for my current suspension is rusted to hell...so removing them will involve lots of swearing and a ton of WD40.
    Last edited by calster17; 21/07/13 at 18:40 PM.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow