Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Was up on the Old Military Road (B974), which is one of the many great driving roads that's within a hours drive from where I live. Has eveything, narror roads, tight bends, steep inclines & declines, great views and some great vista points and ends at a quaint little village. Dan (Fabai driver) got a video of the road on his GoPro which he mounted to the front bumper on the drive back, with me in the AeroD in front so expect to see that soon, both here & on Blown Turbos.

This is Halfway along the road at a vista point carpark.

Civic AeroD & Skoda Fabia by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Not of the car, but the view from facing the camera the otherway...

Zilla Landscape by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Also next week I'm doing a full check on it along with a service. Know that a rear bearing is on it's way out but can't decide which side, and the thermostat is missing or locked open so replacing that as well. Will start looking for new suspension, wheels and upping the brake disk & pads in the coming months if I think the car's not going to die.
    Also getting a free photo shoot of the car done next Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

2. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Had a photoshoot with friends the Friday just gone. He wanted to try out a few things & we wanted some neat shots of the cars.

I took this on my phone, but will have a pic or two from the shoot up here when I get the photos.

Guarding the Fort. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

2 of the least interesting cars even to be in a photoshoot?
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

3. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Holy blue batman! MG badge instead of the Honda badge would look cool
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

4. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Yeah, it was really sunny & im not sure fully how to do effects on the camera.

If I put a MG badge on it, it'd be when i do the front end swap with the MG ZS. Facelift or Pre-Facelift. And i'd only get the MG sawp insted of the Rover if I had a swapped engine.(It'd be one of the sportier Honda Engines!)

So could end up a real hybrid
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Update.

Since fitting the new thermostat, the engine is heating up now. The odd thing is the old 'Stat works fine(tested it), so god knows what the problem was...considering how although the engine tempture was't heating up, I was still getting heat from the heater....stumped me that but oh well it's fixed.

Next on the list of 'To do' (rather than, 'want to') is a new exhaust, the hole in it has finally gotten from being 'there in the background noise' to "cheap & tacky 'sports' exhaust"....time to get a bean can & some jubilee clips to sort it for the time being while I have a look at how much pipe I'll need to make a replacement.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

6. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I don't think I've even seen the facelifted ZS before, do that Get the engine later
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

7. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoloIolXD »
    I don't think I've even seen the facelifted ZS before, do that Get the engine later
    The 45/ZS are the rarest of the 3 I find, the facelift's even more so.

When I was last at the pub talking about it, we got to thinking how the KV6 engine(Rovers 2.5 V6) should slot right into my car...which would be an idea over a Honda engine.
    Last edited by calster17; 06/05/13 at 14:38 PM.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

8. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Some small 'upgrades' to the look of the car.

Covered the 'wood inside with some sticker wrap.

The Dash. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    Personally it's came out really well, some small air bubbles sadly, but It looks fine now it's been there a few weeks. Just done the top part for now, still not sure whether to do the rest (around the Vent switches, down by the gear lever & handbrake). If anyone's intrested, this is the wrap i used.

The Civic's Engine. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    An engine shot, relised I haddent put one up as of yet. The writing was done by my friends...
    Will be painting the rocker cover soon, waiting on a rocker gasket to come first & going to do them in a onner. Shand blasting FTW!

And the newest thing, the Boot cover cover.

Boot Cover, Cover. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    Why the Finish flag? Small boring story why.
    Oh, Btw I know it's the wrong way in the picture, it's been changed to be the right way since then.

More to come soon, such as the alloys I've picked.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

9. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

10. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

What's with the GTA4 blue filter on your photos?
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

11. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by killalldude »
    What's with the GTA4 blue filter on your photos?
    I got a new phone(Sony Xperia), they all seem to be like that when the sun's out.

Had a look under my car at work, found the hole in the exhaust, sadly it's over a bracket so slapping a bean can over it wont be easy....going to try some repair paste and see if that'll hold out until I get a new exhaust, the whole system is rusted badly.

Also getting a new sticker made up for the car.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

Leme guess the sticker name.... Blown Exhausts?

13. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Leme guess the sticker name.... Blown Exhausts?
    I see what you did there.

Nah, "I drive your Granddads car, It drives incredible". Was going to get it if I got the 75. When I see other Civic MA,B or C's it's always older people behind the wheel, and I like the song Thrift Shop
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

14. killalldude is offline SRT-Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Calster17 »
    I got a new phone(Sony Xperia), they all seem to be like that when the sun's out.
    That's odd. I have an Xperia Arc S and don't have that problem... Then again my phone is about a year old.
    Online(PC): MOPARFTW|My Photo-Thread|PoTW Week 63, 70, & 72 Winner

Learn how to install TDU mods here.

15. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

have the arc s too, custom rom which has great software improvements on the cam, but it wasn't bad either with stock rom.
    Dad has the xperia s and the camera is even better.
    Don't have that issue personally calster

16. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Mine is a J. As I said it's only when the suns out & bright That it happens. Maybe its the result of catching the sun on camera in the North East of Scotland that cause's this anomaly.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

17. MrLolololXD is offline Resident Supra Owner

Or maybe Scotland is just a very blue place
    1 3 5

2 4 6 R

18. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

The blueness has been sorted on my phone, someone had left the protective film on it.....

Anyway, a few updates on the car.

Last weekend I got round to patching up the exhaust, the hole was the size of a golf ball...and was before the silencer. I also fitted my rocker cover gasket, as well as checked the tappets. All of them were fine, other than the inlet's for 4th cylinder which are a bit loose, but will be adjusting them when give the rocker cover a sandblast and re-paint. All thats left to fix is the rear wheel bearing, which I'll be getting done by September.

Now One thing that is baffling me is i'm loosing oil somewhere, its the head gasket and it's not leaking out the sump. Unless I'm burning oil, but it does't seem to be doing that ether! But when you top up your oil every weekend due to it...I really don't think it was the oil leaking out where the rocker cover gasket had broke!

Next up is the new alloys, which I'm ordering next week! So expect to see them on when I get back from being in Edinburgh.
    Last edited by calster17; 14/02/16 at 00:50 AM.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

19. me
    me is offline *turbo whistle*

Look at this piece of crap I found in Fraserburgh today!

20. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Take it to the scrapyard!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Search Tags

calster
clio