Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

1. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,631 |   #1
    Out of Order

Default ETS2 Post-release discussion

Dunno what's happened to CLR-GTR?

Game is out now. Have just purchased a copy and downloading - will hopefully try out tonight.

advertisement

2. Sponsored Links

3. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,631 |   #2
    Out of Order

Been playing for a couple of hours and it's very good. I'm currently lost, trying to work out if the seed signs are kph or mph, trying to remember what side of the road I'm meant to be on, listening to a French 80's radio station (game has a list of European Internet stations built in, or you can add your own URLs or MP3 files TDU1 style).

I've only rolled my truck over once so far (also just got a speeding offence in Dover and then a wrong way offence (thought it was a dual-lane road).

Well worth the $40 so far, might have to put off playing Forza

4. Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom, Earth. | Posts: 5,729 |   #3
    Wibble Wobble

For 20 you can't go wrong, I've been on it for a couple of hours now and got myself a two truck company going! Like the radio feature and the extra touches like toll rolls. Good improvement from the second game

5. Location: :noitacoL | Posts: 7,150 |   #4
    toopid idyot

Just installed the demo today and I'm really impressed by the game. I really like the car dealers, where you can configure/upgrade your dream truck. Loving this feature a lot, even though I have only 6000 Euros in my account.

6. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,631 |   #5
    Out of Order

How've you done that in only a few hours Baldy? Does your sat nav tell you where all the speed cameras are?

In a couple of hours I've only done 4 hired jobs and have about $12,000 - need ~$96,000 to buy my first truck to get the business going

7. Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom, Earth. | Posts: 5,729 |   #6
    Wibble Wobble

I was offered a loan to buy a truck so did that, then they increased the loan amount so I invested in my garage and bought another truck and driver. I'm making around 10k per load now

8. Location: Northern Ireland, UK | Posts: 2,479 |   #7
    Resident GT-4 Inheritor

^ That's where I'm at too. Myself and another driver with a 500k loan, albeit 100k paid off. Really impressed, it's surprisingly different to Scania TDS.

@Ryzza - I think there's a setting that's on by default for making all speeds MPH, it's confused me a few times too..

9. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,631 |   #8
    Out of Order

Oh cool, I don't really like loans in general (have never had one) which is why I was just saving up for my first truck

Yes I assumed all the speed signs would change (had already found the option), but when I saw a 30 speed sign in town I figured surely that must be 30mph = 50kph. Have never seen a 30kph speed sign in Australia. 40 is the lowest in school zones, default residential speed limit is 50, then we've got 60, 70, 80, 90, 110. 70, 90, and 110 being less common though.

Just a shame I'm stuck with a LHD truck atm

10. Location: Northern Ireland, UK | Posts: 2,479 |   #9
    Resident GT-4 Inheritor

That can be changed in the customization/repair place thing

11. Location: New York, New York, New York, New York, New York, 'Muricuh | Posts: 3,426 |   #10
    2.5L EJ-2JZ <3

Looks quite fun. Really different from the rest of the games I play, but I'll probably have to give it a try. And while I'm at it, a Project Cars membership.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast