Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. 2CV SUPER GT is offline Modders FACA

There is lot of mods already in wip for Assetto Corsa, Mini Cooper (old one), Toyota Supra Super GT, Mazda MX5...

I am myself modeling a BMW E34 (5), Citroen 2CV and working on a TDU-like environnement.

I still have the De Tomaso Vallelunga made for TDU, even I feel it not enough accurate, it can be a nice cobaye to test their dev tools. Xiorxorn is interested too, Ferrari 250 TR, Facel Vega and more are ready to go.

So, official car list is nice but nothing if we compare with what modding comunity will do

2. Ryzza5 is offline .

Sounds great. Do you know if the mods will be of the same quality as the game or will we see things like TDU modding where some are much better quality than others?

3. 2CV SUPER GT is offline Modders FACA

Game is said from the devs as having 70k poly cars.

I think most of the modders are thinking that more than 100k is an impossible way and it will create FPS issue.

I am planning more than 500k for my BMW and 2CV too. But depending on how the game engine run with it, I can try to modelize more thing like tire treat and all the side letters in 3D, engine, and more. Actually the 500k Poly are used for an extremely accurate and smoothed shape (without any smoothing tools, it's still hand made work cause optimization mesh). Goal is to develop features aiming to have all car functions working on the cockpit, until Airbag.

The Supra will be extrem too, I think 1 million polys... Shadowworks | Works Blog

About the modding quality, the actual projects in Assetto are quite very good quality. People that show something before the game released, don't take risk. I think there will be less mods than TDU1 had, especially less ripped models. Most of the modders should be serious modders, looking for racing car/championship, doing themselves their models, working on teams, and respecting 70k polys standard. Not as much as rFactor but quite some of them. Of course, less supercar and more oldies and prototype/F1.

But about me, it's just a new and better TDU and lot of people planning to use Assetto to drive, not to race. There will be probably never traffic, but 8 players + 3 traffic cars is really better than 32 players ride and no traffic? Especially on a country roads environnement where there is no traffic anyway. Who miss the traffic lags and their poor quality model except people playing solo?

Djey is working on new mod installer for manage installationn group. example : user can choose what texture quality he want, what model quality, sound quality, managing himself his ressources for a lighter mod if he have old PC and play 30 player online race, or a playsatstion 5 tech demo lookslike if he play TA solo with the last alienware released.

Problems we had with TDU in managing different physics on the database will be not on Assetto, modding there is just standalone addons.

4. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

The game supports map/location mods as well? This just might be our savior after all.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Can't wait. Which website is central to all these modders?

6. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Wow. The game hasn't been released yet and we've got modders working on new additions to the game. This is going to be amazing!

7. Damys is offline TDU2 Sound Modder

awsome details and graphic ;-)

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This game has been made with modding in mind so a car list will be very much not the deciding factor in the purchase of the game I imagine. Would it be an idea for us to open an AC section in the Mod Shop do you think? If the demand is there then of course we'll accommodate!
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Damys is offline TDU2 Sound Modder

my fear is that the quality of the mod will be lower than the original car in the game.

but I think the modders will do a good job ^^

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Damys »
    my fear is that the quality of the mod will be lower than the original car in the game.
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised to be honest as there are many talented people around who will no doubt be creating high-quality mods for this game.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. 2CV SUPER GT is offline Modders FACA

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobSTi »
    The game supports map/location mods as well? This just might be our savior after all.
    Not exactly if you speak about free roam map editor. The game give developpement tools wich are used by their dev to make cars and racetracks.

I'll try to create track made as an open road. 16kmx16km drivable surface but starting with one short simply and looped road then growing at each new update. There will be no line to follow, you ll' be free to choose wich way you go.

Totally different than azure coast and california highway from Pcars wich are just very nice non looped long track.

Don't expect too much for a full map cause it's a big amount of work. I just hope to show a way for other modders.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

@Diablo for now I'd say treat AC like ETS2 - give it it's own forum but it sounds like most modders will exist on other dedicated forums.

We can have a sticky thread with links to mods, etc. Should actually do that for ETS2

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Sticky threads don't work well and become too messy after a bit of time. I'll see what people vote for and then ignore them like I normally do.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

Nothing we do works well

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I'd like to correct you on that ....but you're right.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

We do stupid well.

Will there be enough posts and interest on this to justify a whole subsection for it Ryzza?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This game will be popular so I would certainly say so.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. 2CV SUPER GT is offline Modders FACA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Can't wait. Which website is central to all these modders?
    I guess Race departement is the only one as devs are joining discussions sometimes.

Assetto Corsa: Modding Comes To Life

19. Ryzza5 is offline .

You may need to turn on English subtitles

20. 2CV SUPER GT is offline Modders FACA

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Search Tags

asseto
corsa