1. Ryzza5 is offline .

Default Suggestion - upcoming games

On the main index page, below where you have the list of latest threads, it would be great to also have a more static list of links to threads for each upcoming game that we're excited about. That way if someone finds a bit of news, they just quickly jump to the home page (wait, will Turbo Duck have a proper home page?) or index page, and find the game link there to the discussion/news thread.

Would make good sense for TurboDuck since it's focussing on more titles. Maybe we even have a forum called 'Upcoming Titles' that plays host to these threads, which can then be moved on release date. News threads would be closed and updated by staff (and/or maybe have a news mod for just that subforum).

Rough example:

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That list is a nice idea and it's something I've been spinning round my brain but was never quite sure how to implement it. This looks good I have to say!
    I'm a bit mental.

3. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Nice PSing Good idea, would make sense (Turbo Duck needs it)
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

4. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

Could always have the list be handpicked by staff, not like there's enough major releases to make it much of a burden

^GIVE INTERNETS^

5. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Staff articles on games? I know Ryzza likes to keep us informed
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

Right now there is:

F1 2012, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Project CARS, rFactor 2, Forza Horizon, Automaniax, Asseto Corsa, SimBin's Racing Experience game, Need For Speed Most Wanted, F1 Karting Champions, Grid 2, Auto Club Revolution, Kart Sim, WRC 3, Test Drive Ferrari (PC), etc.

Obviously not all of those interest us all, but if you also consider non-racing games that are popular here you could end up with a decent list (or short-list) to place on the index.

7. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

I'd pick the top 5 based on projected anticipation. Also get TD Ferrari off that list.

^GIVE INTERNETS^

8. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Right now there is:

F1 2012, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Project CARS, rFactor 2, Forza Horizon, Automaniax, Asseto Corsa, SimBin's Racing Experience game, Need For Speed Most Wanted, F1 Karting Champions, Grid 2, Auto Club Revolution, Kart Sim, WRC 3, Test Drive Ferrari (PC), etc.

Obviously not all of those interest us all, but if you also consider non-racing games that are popular here you could end up with a decent list (or short-list) to place on the index.
    I haven't even heard of most of those I think it'd look very cluttered if we put that many on the main index page.
    Quote Originally Posted by washyodel »
    I'd pick the top 5 based on projected anticipation. Also get TD Ferrari off that list.
    It's still an upcoming game whether you like it or not

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Indeed, you would just pick the most active threads (or games with the most regular news posts) and/or the games closest to release

i.e. if I had to pick 5 right now based on that criteria it would probably be ETS2, F1 2012, Forza Horizon, NFS MW, and pCARS.

10. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

why don't just grab them from hot games thread

Search Tags

games
suggestion
upcoming