Topic:

V8's

1. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Question V8's

Hey guys. Kinda bored right now. This has questioned me for a long time.

I've always wanted to know why American V8 engines have that same rumble noise. I thought that because maybe the it has 8 cylinders V mounted but the Italians have V8's too but don't have that rumble you get from American V8's. Italian V8's have that high pitch sound.

Enlighten me.

2. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

in short American V8s are normally a bigger litre-age (cc) and don't rev to the same rpm as an italian V8 - higher rpm higher noise

in detail though engine noise is effected by:

bore and stroke (which combined determines capacity cc/litre/c in)
    rev limit (which will be effected by the bore and stroke)
    cylinder firing order - and in turn which cylinders feed which exhaust if you have more than one exhaust pipe
    exhaust - length of pipes, number of muffler boxes (and their size) pipe diameter, where/how the exhaust is mounted to the car and if they add any clever baffles to 'tune' the noise

well that's just a few of the variables ... sorry can't think of much else ... I don't design engines!
    Last edited by YeOldeTDUMan; 17/01/08 at 12:39 PM.
    I'd rather be topless !

3. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Whatever it is, I think American V8s sound better than Italian V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...