1. Tuned Maniac is offline Eat, Sleep, Drive, Play

Default Tuned Maniac, Late Introductions

Even though I've been joined a few weeks now I never really got around to introducing myself, so here we go.

Hi, Im Matt Or Tuned Maniac

I'm originally British and lived in Birmingham but my family moved to Tachikawa, Japan when I was 17. So I had to learn Japanese which was very hard to learn.
    I'm now 26 and my birthday is on the 7th November.
    I live in a studio flat in Okayama City in Okayama.
    I work as a mechanic at Sun Line Racing, which you may have heard of, my dream job.
    Own a heavily modified race 2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur, which I have to put up with uncomortable bucket seats and harnesses everyday, but what the heck its worth it.
    I have also just purchased a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR1400 in Metallic Flat Spark Black, Seriously Fast, yet to get it tuned or take on a track.

So thats basically me.
    Last edited by Tuned Maniac; 12/01/08 at 10:19 AM.
    Please Come and Help Build the New Test Drive Unlimited Wiki.
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650¦Asus Maximus Extreme¦XFX 8800 Ultra¦4x1GB Corsair Dominator¦4x32GB Samsung SSD¦Water Cooled¦Antec P190¦30" Dell 3007WFP-HC¦Logitech G9 G15 G25

2. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado

Hey, Welcome
    Living in Japan, working in a racing garage, driving a Skyline.... Can I replace you ?

3. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

I want to be you at this moment. I Love the Skyline as you can see from my profile. Only if I could get one into New Jersey with out the importation giving me a hard time.

Yo post pics in the showroom section.
    I would really like to see it.

4. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

5. viper plus vette is offline Rusted Banger

skyline? r-34 right? eitheir your real lucky. im might get a detired cop car if im lucky. lol
    Last edited by viper plus vette; 11/01/08 at 00:06 AM.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice intro, so welcome to the board and please we need pics of your Horizon, I mean Skyline.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. viper plus vette is offline Rusted Banger

ok dude if your looking for a skyline in the us, theres this website that i know of. www.fast4wheels.com sells r-34's in the u.s. and also deliver

8. RB26DETT is offline Banned

welcome and i may add that you're very lucky to own a skyline! it's cool enough to own a skyline but you have the Nür one! GRATS ON THE CAR, MATE!

9. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

10. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Wow amazing car you have . Can't wait to see pictures if you decide to show them and welcome to the forums

11. Tuned Maniac is offline Eat, Sleep, Drive, Play

Quote Originally Posted by KingSkyline »
    I want to be you at this moment. I Love the Skyline as you can see from my profile. Only if I could get one into New Jersey with out the importation giving me a hard time.

Yo post pics in the showroom section.
    I would really like to see it.
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awesome responses.

And to King Skyline
    It's quite easy to import a Skyline, and to be honest your probably best off importing one from Japan as they tend to be better quality. Just find a good dealer as always buy from auction not set prices. But when importing preferably get a grade 4.5 or higher or 4 at the least and never go for modified ones. But also never think the start price is about what you will pay as they never go for anywhere near that. And always pay more for a shipping container if it doesnt come default. And always be prepared to drive quite a bit in order to pick it up and if possible have someone see the car in Japan and report back to you and last thing always be prepared to put in extra money for prep and fixing costs as I think you have different laws over there in the U.S. So thats basically it. Just ask me if you need any questions answering.
    Last edited by Tuned Maniac; 11/01/08 at 16:41 PM.
    Please Come and Help Build the New Test Drive Unlimited Wiki.
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650¦Asus Maximus Extreme¦XFX 8800 Ultra¦4x1GB Corsair Dominator¦4x32GB Samsung SSD¦Water Cooled¦Antec P190¦30" Dell 3007WFP-HC¦Logitech G9 G15 G25

12. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Welcome, blimy that must be a good life Never been to Japan but want to someday.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

13. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tuned Maniac »
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awesome responses.

And to King Skyline
    It's quite easy to import a Skyline, and to be honest your probably best off importing one from Japan as they tend to be better quality. Just find a good dealer as always buy from auction not set prices. But when importing preferably get a grade 4.5 or higher or 4 at the least and never go for modified ones. But also never think the start price is about what you will pay as they never go for anywhere near that. And always pay more for a shipping container if it doesnt come default. And always be prepared to drive quite a bit in order to pick it up and if possible have someone see the car in Japan and report back to you and last thing always be prepared to put in extra money for prep and fixing costs as I think you have different laws over there in the U.S. So thats basically it. Just ask me if you need any questions answering.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Can't wait to see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by viper plus vette »
    ok dude if your looking for a skyline in the us, theres this website that i know of. www.fast4wheels.com sells r-34's in the u.s. and also deliver
    I've known about that site for a good 2 years now and have it bookmarked waiting for a good opportunity to buy one. But that time has yet to come.

I have recently gotten into liking the 2001 Audi S4 B5, I don't really know why but that car is one hell of a beast.
    Last edited by HavockJoker; 12/01/08 at 00:29 AM.