Results 21 to 40 of 63

  1. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Cons:
    I didn't feel connected with the car That's cause it's a game...
    The way the car reacts is not logic, and to control a possible control losing is also not logic The possibility to regain control of a car which is going to lose control is pretty damn logic actually.
    Clutch is hopeless in the controller What would you expect ma'am, pressing a button =/= real life clutch.
    Lighting maybe is nicer, but it feels more artificial, the weather, track and car... i am sorry, but a black Corvette looked sooooo toy-ish! Agreed
    You can brake on grass like it was tarmac (which is not true, i have done that in real life, and the reaction was nothing like in Forza) Disagreed, there is quite a big difference...
    Feels that the car is hovering over the track. That's cause you drove the Corvette.
    and biggest fail, a stock Corvette almost flipped on Nurburgring by attacking a simple corner... if it was tuned, ok, but it was bone stock! I mean... wtf.
    And nurburgring is weird looking there... less bumpy, more wider... it is just wrong. Agreed, the Nürburgring in Forza sucks.

    Play the game just made me hate it even more. It still can be more fun, and harder, because it is harder to play, since you get no feeling and the game is not logic. But no thanks, i prefer a bit more of reality.
    Le true story.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.


  2. Ken
    Ken is offline Fiero and G35 owner
     
    Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts: 1,445

    #22

    Default

    Well, it's nice to finally know now you have played both games and your overall reactions to them. It's also still nice to see people try to push your opinions that you can control on your own

  3. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness
      
    Location: Finland
    Posts: 5,076

    #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Look Santeri, i am sorry, but i played both games, and if you read my post above, in GT5 you can feel the car on ground, you can feel the difference between driving a heavy and a light car, it is logic, feels natural, YES, EVEN IN A CONTROLLER! That doesn't happen in Forza! I played both, i KNOW what i am talking about!
    I have played all major GTs with a pad (GT4 also with a FFB wheel). I have also played FM2, FM3 and FM4, each one both with both a pad and a FFB wheel and I gotta say that your arguments are invalid. You can CLEARLY feel the difference when driving a small car, for example Lotus Elise when compared to a old 70s muscle car. Also, the handling is predictable, random losses of control belong to TDU2. The handling feels logical, clutch is better than in GT5 and the difference between the two series are NOWHERE near as enormous as you're trying to claim. Sure, GT5 is a bit more real but if you really want realism, you should plug your toy into your PC and try rFactor, pCARS etc.

    *waits for "but GT5 has 1000 cars"*

    E: Regarding the graphics etc; the graphics are obviously worse as it's running on an older console, duhh. The green hell has always been wrong in Forza, due to them reusing stuff. That's why it has kerbs that are a meter high.
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

  4. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,330

    #24

    Default

    ^ I will tell you exactly what you told me before. Play both games. GT4 is very different than GT5.

    I have played rFactor already, so, please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    Le true story.
    FINALLY someone who can talk about it without call me a fan girl!

    About feeling connected, i don't know Mb, but i can feel that in GT5, i felt that in Dirt 3 and i felt that even in NFS Shift. Somehow i didn't felt that in Forza.

    About losing control, well, it is the feeling... it is linked to the reason above ^

    About the clutch, they just have done it wrong, if they made it like ProStreet clutch, would be a lot better, really. But you press a button, it uses clutch itself and then change the gear...

    Grass/tarmac braking, i put half of my car on grass and hit the brakes, as hard as i could, the car went straight, like not even a single move... and once, i missed the corner and went to the grass, i could easily brake and back to the road... like, easy as hell.

    Corvette shouldn't be a reason to feel hovering...

    Hope this explains better...
    Last edited by Milli; 30/04/12 at 16:02 PM.

  5. Flo
    Flo is offline Just skate!
    Location: Nuenen, NB
    Posts: 2,393

    #25

    Default

    I used to feel connected to the game itself instead of the car, but, I've divorced already

    Click for Gallery

  6. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥
     
    Location: United Kingdom of England land
    Posts: 5,588

    #26

    Default

    Well, I guess it's just personal preference. GT5s physics are much better to use with a controller in my opinion, but then I'm yet to try FM4 with a wheel so I have no idea how that feels.

    But, eh, they're both good games at the end of the day. It's up to you which one you prefer I suppose.

  7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic
      
    Posts: 11,510

    #27

    Default

    You'd probably change your opinions a bit if you played FM4 for a bit longer. You've been playing GT5 for years? And the GT series for longer maybe.

    Of course it's going to be a bit of a let down when you first play it because you're used to the GT series. When I first got FM2 I thought it was a bit meh because I was so used to GT4 at the time. But after a while of playing FM I got used to it and started to enjoy it more and get better at it. I do agree with some of your complaints about the game too. No game's perfect!

    I can see why you prefer GT5 and I can see why others prefer FM4. It's just personal preference. GT5 isn't better than FM4 and FM4 isn't better than GT5. It just depends how you look at it as overall they are both great games

    And please don't turn this into a fanthingit war. (At everyone)

  8. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,330

    #28

    Default

    Well, i don't know... even being used to GT series, i still enjoy other games like NFS (some) and Midnight Club... Dirt 3... but seriously, Forza was a level beyond that... and my first experience does not makes me want to play it again. Exactly like i felt with NFS Undercover. I am not saying both games are the same, but both got such a bad first impression to me, bad enough to make me not ever try it again.

  9. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,669

    #29

    Default

    so wait a second, after all these years you have been slagging off forza and you haven't played it only up to this date?
    that's way more illogical than how you think forza's car reactions are.

    oh by the way, if you're going to mention the clutch some people are living in glass houses.
    GT5 's clutch system is identical to TDU2
    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 30/04/12 at 18:11 PM.

  10. CDMC is offline Yup.
    Location: USA
    Posts: 302

    #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    GT5 's clutch system is identical to TDU2
    are you serious??? well then, ill stick to Forza 4 then. thanks.

  11. hassan1995 is online now ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
      
    Location: Somewhere
    Posts: 2,674

    #31

    Default

    Interesting thread, shame my interest in forza 4 has faded away i agree it gets boring quite fast forza 4's tracks lack variety which makes the game boring quickly

    Waits for fanboy/girl war
    Last edited by hassan1995; 30/04/12 at 18:17 PM.


  12. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness
      
    Location: Finland
    Posts: 5,076

    #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    ^ I will tell you exactly what you told me before. Play both games. GT4 is very different than GT5..
    You do realize when I say "all major GTs" I mean GT1-5..
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

  13. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.
     
    Location: Aberdeen, SCO, UK
    Posts: 3,282

    #33

    Default

    Find it funny, that even after playing it Millis not allowed to 'dislike' forza in the eyes of some people.

    She raised some very good points, ones that I agree with! I play & like both of the games, like diffident aspects from both games. As a person who's driven in many cars in a spirited manor on good great country & mountain roads, and in some of the cars featured in BOTH games(nothing high end, MR2, impreza, etc) and GT5 has the better physics! Doesn't want me to drift every car!

    Dont' go lynching people just because they don't feel for a game in the same way you do! We can all have opinions and such, as im sure you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

  14. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 15,997

    #34

    Default

    Indeed, and it seems a lot have ignored my feedback after playing both games on a wheel

    Talk about Forza fanboyism


  15. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,330

    #35

    Default

    Look, i am not saying GT5 clutch is good, even because they don't even allow you to use it with a controller (Something Forza should do, to avoid a shame)... but since they did, i expected it to be like ProStreet clutch like. If you guys never played ProStreet with clutch, i recommend to check it out.

    ProStreet clutch is exactly the same as TDU1 PC with a joypad. Something that i enjoyed to use, i enjoyed to play...

    In Forza, i hit the the button, the car goes neutral for awhile, and then after it changes the gear... they should make one button is the clutch, other is the gear... simple, easy, logic.

    And i have read your opinion Ryzza, they just don't really apply to me, because i did not play with steering wheels. Sooo...

    @Carbon: Thank you for saying that and yes, do you see how it is? They label me as fangirl, but they forget to look themselves... if someone dislike GT5, great, i hear they opinions and done... i respect that, now that i played Forza, and have my opinions i still not being able to say what i felt without being a fangirl and being totally wrong and everything that i say is poo.... who is being a blind fan over here?

  16. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark
     
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 3,760

    #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCactus »
    Find it funny, that even after playing it Millis not allowed to 'dislike' forza in the eyes of some people.

    She raised some very good points, ones that I agree with! I play & like both of the games, like diffident aspects from both games. As a person who's driven in many cars in a spirited manor on good great country & mountain roads, and in some of the cars featured in BOTH games(nothing high end, MR2, impreza, etc) and GT5 has the better physics! Doesn't want me to drift every car!

    Dont' go lynching people just because they don't feel for a game in the same way you do! We can all have opinions and such, as im sure you do!
    I concur with Carbon.
    As a guy who prefers Forza (don't get me wrong, I love GT so much, so, so much.) I see no problem with Milli not liking the game.
    She prefers something else, we all have opinions. If I'm defending Milli (trust me, her and I argue about which is better all the time) then you should all respect what she thinks.
    Just because her opinion differs doesn't make it wrong. I don't agree with everything she said either, but she's allowed to think those things. I agree with some of what she said, I disagree with some other stuff she said.

    All of this being said.. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game Millena, they do have some things to work on to make the game better. You know I prefer a game with 630 good looking cars and great customization over what GT5 has to offer (good physics, etc.)
    I'm glad you got the chance to play the game though!
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark





  17. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin
    Location: portugal
    Posts: 2,178

    #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repyhrepus »
    So you play with a pad and you want realism? Sorry, but I can't imagine GT5 feeling very realistic either when played with the toy some would call a PS3-controller
    Been trying to state that for ages....


  18. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,330

    #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The duck who wanted grapes »
    Been trying to state that for ages....
    Read the previous posts before post something like this.

  19. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin
    Location: portugal
    Posts: 2,178

    #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Read the previous posts before post something like this.
    I did i did..but whatever whats the point of this?
    Now i took an arrow in the thought...
    If Milli prefers GT5, let her, whats wrong with that? Surely she has her reasons and she is not the only one (not saying you dont let her lol), if she dislikes forza 4, it may be due to lack of time with it, or not, but nonetheless she has reasons for it. Lets just be happy, no one is forced to like / dislike same things as other's..if it were like that....the game market would be boring as hell lol
    Im sure both of them are great games


  20. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.
     
    Location: Aberdeen, SCO, UK
    Posts: 3,282

    #40

    Default

    Best way to describe things is by using Drink! Were all old enough to understand that?

    Take Stella Artois and Guinness...I like the taste of a nice cold Stella, nice and light. I also like the taste of Guinness, it's heavy and but great.
    Actually thats a rather stupid comparison for these and Forza Vs. GT5, but it's a true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow


 

Tags for this Thread

forza
,
played

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss