Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

1. GWTBialy is offline Petrolhead

Default Your Cars 0-100kph Acceleration Thread

Hey guys!

Do you have some videos of cars you drive? For example - acceleration, top speed and so on. I think that will be a good idea to start thread like this.

That's my Honda Civic 1.8i-VTEC 0-100km/h acceleration with ESP turned on. I will record second attempt with ESP setting to off.

CLICK:
    Honda Civic 1.8i VTEC Sport - 0-100km/h - VSA On [HD]

2. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

3. GWTBialy is offline Petrolhead

Ah, thanks. Haven't seen this topic

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well we could make this thread just for 0-100 (0-60) videos

That's my VW Golf 1.4l-TSI 0-100km/h acceleration with ESP turned on.

Something like 6.7 or 6.8 seconds to 100
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 08/04/12 at 11:41 AM.

5. GWTBialy is offline Petrolhead

Ryzza - very nice!

Yesterday I've got second attempt in Civic, this time on wet road, but result is better.

And here's video of my second car - VW Passat 2.0 TFSI B6.

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

Hehe, yep, gotta love what a supercharger and turbocharger working in tandem can do, even if it is bolted onto a frugal 1.4

7. GWTBialy is offline Petrolhead

Final attempt, traction control was off, and the result is better than producer says.

8. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I'd do this, but it'd just be embarrasing really. I don't like reving my car too much either, so far the furthest I've taken it is about 3,500RPM, then again that is pretty much where peak power is and the best time to change up for moar torques, y0

9. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I don't have a video, but i have the time... i got the outstanding time of 16.3 seconds in 0-100km/h! Lol

To make my situation a little better, official time is 14.9 seconds, so, not so bad...

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I'll do this when the weather is a little bit less, erm, wet. More than likely a few weeks away. Apparently it takes 11.3 seconds, doesn't feel that long when I floor it though.

11. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel »

I'll do this when the weather is a little bit less, erm, wet. More than likely a few weeks away. Apparently it takes 11.3 seconds, doesn't feel that long when I floor it though.
    Do you think i felt like 16 seconds? For me it was half of that time. Specially with my fast gear shiftings... lol

12. GWTBialy is offline Petrolhead

Mili, Camel - what are those cars?

GTAMADDOG - C'mon, record video

Unfortunatelly not my car, but my friend's. He doesn't shift it properly I think, that's why the time is slower by around 1s than producer says. Anyway, we will repeat this

13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

It is a Fiat Punto 1.4 Attractive. Manual. Around 85hp. Lol

I think i lost a good time at not leaving the 0 with enough rpm... i did not full the engine before start, if you can understand me.
    Last edited by Milli; 09/04/12 at 21:20 PM.

14. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Mine's a 2012 Focus Titanium 1.6 powershift.

Most people here probably think it's slow but it's plenty fast enough for me at the moment.

15. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    It is a Fiat Punto 1.4 Attractive. Manual. Around 85hp. Lol

I think i lost a good time at not leaving the 0 with enough rpm... i did not full the engine before start, if you can understand me.
    Attractive? Good name for a Punto

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

16. Acid44 is offline Beercules

My god Ryzza, what are you feeding that thing?
    Last edited by Acid44; 09/04/12 at 22:38 PM.

17. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Quote Originally Posted by Acid44 »
    My gos Ryzza, what are you feeding that thing?
    haxx!

18. Ryzza5 is offline .

Shell V-Power = more Vrooom
    Also having a supercharger and turbo charger helps

I gotta admit I'm surprised by the time you quoted Mellors. I'd expect a non-eco non-cheapo 2012 car to be < 10 seconds. And you're right, it does feel more sprightly when watching your driving videos.

19. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Shell V-Power = more Vrooom
    Also having a supercharger and turbo charger helps

I gotta admit I'm surprised by the time you quoted Mellors. I'd expect a non-eco non-cheapo 2012 car to be < 10 seconds. And you're right, it does feel more sprightly when watching your driving videos.
    It's supposed to be a fairly economical car. 1.6 isn't much in a modern car that's full of heavy stuff. It's a shame we couldn't get the turbo version, that hits 60 3 seconds quicker.

I'm pretty sure the time they say is conservative. I'll try it with and without the various traction control things on. Maybe 2-step it too.

It does seem to do everything effortlessly though. Want to overtake 2 cars at 50 in 6th gear? No problem! Lol

E: It is faster than most other cars of a similar size with the same size engine. The only one I found that was quicker was the 1.6 Golf, but we looked at that before we got this and the Golf came with a lot less kit in and on it.
    Last edited by Camel; 09/04/12 at 23:38 PM.

20. Ryzza5 is offline .

Hmm we don't have a MK6 1.6l Golf here so I don't know. I suppose anything faster would cost you guys way more in insurance as well.

What's your MPG on the Focus?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last