+ Reply to Thread

1. Ryzza5 is offline .

Default Client Load issue

Screw the server load (for now)

PC slowed right down so I had a look in Task Manager - Memory usage had peaked (has pretty much never done that before).

TM said the culprit was Chrome - so I looked in the Chrome TM, which said the culprit was TDU-Central (only had 4 or 5 tabs open).

Terminated those 4 tabs and the memory usage dropped immediately and the PC was responsive again.

Last thing I did was edit one of my posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Looks like your browser got stuck loading something from the site. Typically this can happen with a Flash based product but the only Flash item you should experience is the TV video that sometimes shows. Other than that you'd need to note down the URL that Chrome is 'waiting on' for me to be able to check it out. If this was a one time thing then count it down to a browser hiccup, if it's often then gimme feedback and I'll check it out.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well there are often delays when trying to edit a post immediately after submitting it - not sure if that was the cause this time.

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That could just be Chrome as I noticed Chrome delays sometimes in loading the editor compared to Opera and FF.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. iNotACactus is offline Car Aficianado

I'm using Chrome, haven't had such an issue.

^GIVE INTERNETS^

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

You probably wouldn't have done that ad for Chrome if you did have issues with it

7. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

4 or 5 tabs open? Then you say about my 2? I see how it is...

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

You had the chatbox page open twice - I'm pretty sure that's a more load-intensive page compared to most. Besides, staff are explicitly allowed to have double-standards

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

the latest vB has the new editor so we'll see how that copes when we go to it.
    I'm a bit mental.

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

The one with auto-save, and resizable by dragging from the corner? Yeah it's pretty cool.

11. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    You had the chatbox page open twice - I'm pretty sure that's a more load-intensive page compared to most. Besides, staff are explicitly allowed to have double-standards
    ¬¬" Don't come with high knowledge on me... 5 tabs are 5 tabs... lol

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The one with auto-save, and resizable by dragging from the corner? Yeah it's pretty cool.
    You can drag the one we currently have also but yeah the auto-save and Word like toolbar is the new one.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    ¬¬" Don't come with high knowledge on me... 5 tabs are 5 tabs... lol
    When I go through my Inbox in the the morning and read the chatbox archives it's more like 15

14. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

When I go through my Inbox in the the morning and read the chatbox archives it's more like 15
    So what? I was testing!

15. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

My PC does this sometimes too. The index page sometimes forgets to stop loading and if I don't notice it, FF just keeps eating more and more RAM. Not sure if it is TDUCk causing this but it looks like it might be.

Search Tags

Add / Edit Tags
client
issue
load