1. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Default SSC smashes 250mph!

Read here: http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/21...es_250mph.html

They have done it then.
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

2. Telos is offline Eternal Being

Only a V8 surprised me. Nice going there. Let's wait how the swedes answer to that.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

In my opinion yes it beats the Veyron's speed but it doesn't beat the Veyron in anything else, I mean that thing has what is it 1100bhp and is light and yet it only manages an extra 4mph! And anyway the Veyron can do 257mph but Bugatti limited it to 253mph so that the tyres don't explode very quickly.

Note that wind tunnel testing also put the Veyron at 270mph and it's reckoned that with the planned 1200bhp that it could actually do 265mph+.

This car doesn't thrill me in anyway, everything is copied from other exotics even down to the Koenigsegg interior. Veyron is still King imo, that thing is just a Drag Queen.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Yes very true plus the Veyron didn't go for a official top speed run from what is written. They know it's got nothing to prove I guess.

5. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

I got 280 in the SSC on PGR4, brooklyn bridge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

i got 295mph out of a CCR on TDU, your point is?
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Is SSC the model of the car? or does it have a Manufacturer?

8. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

SSC Ultimate Aero, isn't it? Summat like that...

9. CptDarknuggets is offline 200 Angry Clydesdales

Speed is speed and its faster than the Veyron Diablo ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. Marc_CRX is offline Tail End Out!!

Bugatti Veyron’s widely reported but unofficial top speed of 252mph..........What?

Can someone explain how its Unofficial? just because a Koenigsegg got Caught Speeding at 250 means its a REAL record? The Bugatti Veyron Has been clocked @ 253Mph Plenty of times :| how about when Captain Slow Took it past 250?

THE
    ORIGINAL DRIFTER

11. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

@ Mark: You still have to do a lot of upgrading and tuning before your Seat gets there.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

12. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_CRX »
    Bugatti Veyron’s widely reported but unofficial top speed of 252mph..........What?

Can someone explain how its Unofficial? just because a Koenigsegg got Caught Speeding at 250 means its a REAL record? The Bugatti Veyron Has been clocked @ 253Mph Plenty of times :| how about when Captain Slow Took it past 250?
    Basically it has to be watched by a person from the world records to be the official top speed. Also it has to be the average speed of 2 runs, one in one direction and one in the opposite direction. This is so the car is unaided by the conditions.

13. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

What S71NG3R said lol. Allways did that with the spped records and Top Gear made the joke about having to do Hammound crash the other way.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .