Page 4 of 26 First ... 2345614 ... Last

1. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Ur a nice driver, you handle the car well, but u like to go fast, :P you need to be moar gentle on the throttle there man! Carefull with ye!

2. Ryzza5 is offline .

Didn't you read where I said I "sped up the video" so it would fit in the 15-minute YouTube limit (back then). I was actually quite lazy and not fast, taking those uphill hairpins in 3rd gear. Safety is always #1 when I go for a drive, only once or twice have I felt the ESP kick in.

3. RX_37 is offline Peugeot RCZ THP 200

My ESP is in my head

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

Yeah so is mine - I have to counter-adjust to my adjustment when I feel it kick in

5. Sponge is offline Spongify

I don't have ESP

It's fun lighting the rear tyre up at 80 in the wet XD Lets just say the buttocks clench quite tightly!

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

That must be good for your figure. Just don't fall off, as that won't be any good for it

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Australians drive on the correct side of the road!?

8. Fear Deer is offline Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Oh ok ryzza Its great to see people saying safety is #1 when people drive, most people here between 18-22 are dumb idiots who buy an old rusty nearly falling pre e39 5 series or a new mini if rich parents, or an old 1998 punto, and they just go around redlining and revving and doing crazy donuts going through redlights (not much, but saw some of those), just to say they are the best. Jeez i hate those people who just drive fast to be idiot'ish. Sponge, indeed mate, you be carefull with yourself you are no use to anyone if you fall of your bike and get injured.. judging by your driving videos i would trust you all to drive me :P That is, if you drive as you recorded ^^

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Hehe, I can easily turn off my ECU tune and go back to stock and just have a little 1.4L engine Golf to drive the elderly or yourself around if I wanted to

And I'm not between 18-22, so that must be why

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I'm 19 and don't think I drive like a tard. Sure, I let the car stretch its legs sometimes, but that's usually out of town or on empty roads.

Not done it with the Focus yet, we're making sure we wear this one in for the first 1000 miles, unlike the Mazda. 260 down, 740 to go!

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

Just don't baby the engine at the start either, otherwise you won't get a proper seal and you won't have as good performance later on. Once the temps are up give it a decent run, use a bit over half of the available revs.

12. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I know that. I meant not flooring it everywhere at a million revs like my dad did with the last car.

Should get better MPG later on if it's not knackered in the first 1000 miles. Got 23 in the Mazda, that's terrible for a 1.6.

13. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I don't have the heart to give my car some stick. It really needs it to clear out the cobwebs, but I hate revving it past 3000RPM. A couple of days ago I was going to give it some stick when I got on to a dual carriageway but someone pulled out infront of me so I left it, don't think I got passed 3500RPM, luls. I don't think it's seen past that since my dad drove it before I passed my driving test, so my EGR valve is probably clogged up and turbo not much better either.

Can't do it now anyway, I think the exhaust is planning its next attack on me after looking at the rear section this morning

One day there will be nothing wrong with my car... maybe.

14. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Seriously considering a GoPro now, is it worth the 200€?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

15. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I guess it depends on how much you think you're going to use it. The videos they produce look great, but it's whether you'll use it enough to warrant spending that much on one.

I'd love one, but I wouldn't be able to justify spending that much money on one, unless I started some track-days or something..

16. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I've been wanting some sort of a video camera for ages now and the GoPro is cheaper than most HD camcorders anyway, and it can be used in ways that most camcorders can't so that's good I guess I'll consider after saving some cash
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

17. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Forgot about a lot of my videos, I actually made them Private on YouTube for some reason. Here's one of the parts from Tenerife in 2010, I wasn't driving, I was filming, so I'm not sure if that still counts..

18. Leadfoot[YT] is offline COTM Creator

Quote Originally Posted by repyhrepus »
    Seriously considering a GoPro now, is it worth the 200€?
    Look for deals on the old models. A "$300" GoPro new is realistically going to cost $500 with the stuff you'll need. I got mine (HERO 1) for $130, with mounts.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza
    ...Norton deleted it.
    Maybe you should return the favour to Norton.

19. Ryzza5 is offline .

I got the last-gen HD Hero when it was new off eBay for about $320. They come in different packs - get the Motorsport one so that you get the car suction mount (sticks to windows or body panels (if you trust it). They released a new model recently, but the old one is still good (just a couple less features). I spent a bit more getting the extra battery pack and a 32GB high speed SD card (don't get a cheapy otherwise it won't be fast enough to write the HD video files when recording - I think it has to be 4MBps or greater, mine is Class 10 so that files copy to my PC quicker.

Also plenty of TV shows use the Go Pro - I've seen them on Mythbusters, TopGear, Bear Grills grills bears, etc
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 14/01/12 at 00:54 AM.

20. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

Best parts are the first 3 minutes and the last 3 minutes... the rest is a bit boring, but the music is good, and the view too...

Sorry for the camera recording more sky than anything, but the position was not the greatest.

Page 4 of 26 First ... 2345614 ... Last