Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Smoothfonzo is offline Rusted Banger
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 43

    #1

    Default Lower top speed during races?

    I just got back into the game after a clean format and install of XP, and there's something very noticeable I've noticed happening, even before. I had the Cheapest Jaguar tuned up to Stage 3, and while just cruising around normally, I get a top speed of around 143 with it, but if I do a race, the top speed will be substantially lower, like 124 or something. This has puzzled me. I did the race over and over to test things and it doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, it almost feels like the car doesn't have the same horsepower, so it's frustrating when it hits the 120's as top speed when it should be much higher.


  2. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #2

    Default

    Some of the stage 2 & stage 3 tuning packs are the wrong way around, if you return to the tuner in a new untuned jag, the chances are you are racing with such a car to correct the problem you need to use a stage 2 racing kit rather than the third option.

    this problem occurs on several cars and you need too keep an eye for them

  3. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 2,754

    #3

    Default

    i.e corvette

  4. Smoothfonzo is offline Rusted Banger
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 43

    #4

    Default

    I don't think that's the problem. It feels normal during cruising around. It's only during race instances that it changes.

  5. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #5

    Default

    What? The Corvette and Jag XK have tuning problems?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  6. Marc_CRX is offline Tail End Out!!
    Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts: 658

    #6

    Default

    The Corvette ZO6 is faster with stage 2 Tuning than it is with Stage 3

    Also the Viper Coupe is the same (But you PC Guys wouldnt know that )

    THE
    ORIGINAL DRIFTER

  7. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #7

    Default

    I am a PC User fella, and discovered that within first weeks of TDU Launch when i made trader utility and also the community has a thread on offical boards discussing the same thing...

  8. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck
     
    Location: Jönköping, Sweden
    Posts: 7,385

    #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothfonzo »
    I just got back into the game after a clean format and install of XP, and there's something very noticeable I've noticed happening, even before. I had the Cheapest Jaguar tuned up to Stage 3, and while just cruising around normally, I get a top speed of around 143 with it, but if I do a race, the top speed will be substantially lower, like 124 or something. This has puzzled me. I did the race over and over to test things and it doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, it almost feels like the car doesn't have the same horsepower, so it's frustrating when it hits the 120's as top speed when it should be much higher.
    Hmm, thats weird, never noticed it though :|

  9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDU-RAZOR »
    I am a PC User fella, and discovered that within first weeks of TDU Launch when i made trader utility and also the community has a thread on offical boards discussing the same thing...
    Actually, you won't have done because you don't have the Viper Coupe :P

  10. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #10

    Default

    arh - i c the point now lol - just read the words viper (RAZOR STANDS DOWN)

  11. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Metz, France
    Posts: 1,173

    #11

    Default

    Ohh, strange thing... Is there another car know to be more powerfull in stage 2 than in 3 ?

  12. Illousion1 is offline Longing for the 80's
    Location: Sweden
    Posts: 16

    #12

    Default

    I noticed the same thing on my Agusta.

  13. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #13

    Default

    Looks like it's time to get a new ZO6 and XK...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  14. Smoothfonzo is offline Rusted Banger
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 43

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    Hmm, thats weird, never noticed it though :|
    Try it then. Buy the cheapest Jag (not the Classic), race around a bit in free mode to get a feel for the car, upgrade it to stage 3, then try it in a single player race. It's a great car with lots of power for its class, and Stage 3 makes it even better. I bet you'll start to wonder where the horsepower has gone when you do a race. And I repeat, it isn't at all like that when just driving around in free mode. It's really odd.

  15. ScaR is offline Speed Racer
     
    Location: wat
    Posts: 714

    #15

    Default

    I don't think that it has anything to do with the tuning of the car, but rather the "catch up" like I am sure many of you have experienced in the past in most NFS games.

  16. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_CRX »
    The Corvette ZO6 is faster with stage 2 Tuning than it is with Stage 3

    Also the Viper Coupe is the same (But you PC Guys wouldnt know that )
    But the Stage 3 has a higher Top Speed tho. I would stick with the two tho.

  17. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #17

    Default

    eh? I'm confused now... Which is better for the ZO6 and the Class E XK? Stage 2 or 3?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  18. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #18

    Default

    Dunno 'bout the Xk, but Stage 2 is usually better for the 'Vette. It has a slightly lower top speed, but better acceleration.

  19. Smoothfonzo is offline Rusted Banger
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 43

    #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScaR »
    I don't think that it has anything to do with the tuning of the car, but rather the "catch up" like I am sure many of you have experienced in the past in most NFS games.
    Would you mind explaining what you mean by "catch up?"

  20. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #20

    Default

    If you're a long way behing, the AI cars go slower so you catch up with them.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss