Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Best NFS?

1. Location: New England, USA | Posts: 3,886 |   #71
    COTM Creator

NFS: Porsche Unleashed (as it was called in the US - the name varied from country to country). Easy win. Interior views, fun courses with multiple routes, dynamic weather, and a huge car list, all at a time when racing games were stoic and track-based. I remember I played the Alps course for years afterwards, and when I was younger would pretend I had to run "missions" from different towns on the track to others (oh, children ). An amazing track. Plus it had the greatest intro video of any racing game:

It's the little things that make it special, too; the used car market was accurate and varied, and if you knew the most efficient way to repair cars (oh yeah - damage), it was a way to make money. Blinkers, head lights, and high-beams all worked, and there were numerous other things that made it so great. And that intro is why a 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo, black-on-black, with five-spoke wheels is second on my list of Porsche cars.

EDIT: And the career mode, which progressed over 50 years. Plus it had that "test driver" course, which was a secondary career mode without any real purpose, but that was extensive and been given a lot of development time nonetheless.

EDIT2: HP2 also had a nice intro movie, and a soundtrack that I have on a CD in my car.

-Leadfoot
    Last edited by Leadfoot[YT]; 28/04/12 at 20:10 PM.

2. Location: the Netherlands | Posts: 2,575 |   #72
    Best Before ####

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1  
    Damage! You forgot damage! Probably the biggest reason why I like NFS IV better than III.
    True, but I made up for forgetting about damage by mentioning RdP as a good feature in all three games

3. Location: Jönköping, Sweden | Posts: 6,550 |   #73
    TDU:C Vending Machine

True. The music felt like such an essential part of the game, and the people who made the music for those games are pure geniuses. RdP in particular. You just don't get that in games these days, nowadays I always turn off the music that comes with the games and listen to my own because they all seem to have licenses with the same artists.

Listening to NFS2-5 soundtracks on Spotify and drowning in nostalgia over here.

4. Location: portugal | Posts: 2,171 |   #74
    Mc dolan hambargre luvin

Need for speed shift 2: Unleashed!
    I actually liked it!

5. Location: X | Posts: 3,606 |   #75
    BBW-ingame

try the community patch for better physics
    NoGripRacing :: NFS Shift 2 Downloads - Unofficial Community Patch

6. Location: Austin, Texas | Posts: 164 |   #76
    10-42!!!

If were in the mood to post intros, second favorite behind the Porsche Unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmVQt3efScc

I think its the ricer stalling out at the start...or the awesome soundtrack...or the 911...

7. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,770 |   #77
    Out of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom  
    They say there's no specific handling mods included in the UCP. I've installed the UCP and can't report on physics improvements because of the massive delay between my steering inputs and what I see on screen. The stupid thing is that the in-game telemetry shows no input lag, so the delay is elsewhere. Tried various suggestions with no joy.

8. Location: :noitacoL | Posts: 7,267 |   #78
    toopid idyot

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5  
    They say there's no specific handling mods included in the UCP. I've installed the UCP and can't report on physics improvements because of the massive delay between my steering inputs and what I see on screen. The stupid thing is that the in-game telemetry shows no input lag, so the delay is elsewhere. Tried various suggestions with no joy.
    Install PTMu 1.69 then. It is much better.

advertisement

9. Sponsored Links

10. Location: Belgium | Posts: 12 |   #79
    Just a Skidmark

I like Need For Speed The Run the most, its just so intense and full of variety! (On foot chases, helicopter chase, blasting area in the rockies, different enviroments (snow, desert, forest, city,...). To bad it doesn't have free roam.

For the free roam, I'll take NFS Most Wanted and for the tuning NFS Undercover. NFS World defenitly gets the multiplayer spot

Can't wait for NFS Most Wanted 2012

11. Location: Melbourne, Australia | Posts: 12,770 |   #80
    Out of Order

I thought members had to be at least 13 years old to join here

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast