Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 73

  1. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win
     
    Location: Kentucky, USA
    Posts: 1,032

    #1

    Default Thought/Opinions on FM4? Post them here.

    Here are my thoughts:


    -The physics are better, if only slightly. Not as arcade I suppose, I like them.
    -The A.I. have no earthly idea that you exist, so be forewarned. They will hit you. Hard.
    -The photo mode is better, I think. I am no expert on the matter. But I hate having to upload my photos to another server. My crappy internet never connects, so I quit trying.
    -Car sounds seem to be better as well. I quite like the noise the SLS makes. I am also amused by the lack of noise my Volt makes, forcing me to watch the RPM gauge the entire time I drive so I know when to shift.
    -Making money is hilariously easy. So easy that there is no reason to cheat for money this time around. I actually don't think they could have made it any easier, save for handing you money every time you turn on the game. Oh wait, they do.
    -If making money wasn't easy enough, if you drive a car few times, you eventually get the performance upgrades for free, giving you no reason to spend the hilarious amounts of money you have acquired.
    -You can turn the class restrictions off, which makes for a lolafiric time. Just grab a fast car, enter an F class race with the A.I. difficulty set to "professional", and watch the credits roll in.
    -The auction house is a wonderful place to make money. I don't want most of the cars they offer me for leveling up, so I always put them up for auction. For some bizarre reason, other players consistently bid my vehicles to prices that are higher than their in-game value. I'm not complaining, simply confused.
    -Cars are even easy to get. Almost any car a person could desire care given to you at some point, giving you even less of a reason to spend your hilarious amounts of money. Zonda Cinque? Given to you. McLaren F1? Given to you. Bugati Veyron Super Sports? Given to you. The list goes on.


    Overall, I would say the game is more fun than FM3, but we will see how long that lasts.
    Last edited by gingervette; 16/10/11 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Added more thoughts/opinions.
    U mad bro?


  2. Jacob is offline Car Aficianado
      
    Location: Vermilion, Alberta, Canada
    Posts: 1,903

    #2

    Default

    Pretty much same as Micheal.

    I don't like how they they put in tons of car's that nobody care's about like a VW Fox who cares, but they left out Gallardo LP-560 (maybe because I don't have LCE) or really anything exicting that we wanted. We keep asking for cars, and they keep giving us the exact oppisite of what we want. Only complaint.
    Oh, and drifting is alot harder in this one.

  3. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark
     
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 3,769

    #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my name lol »
    Pretty much same as Micheal.

    I don't like how they they put in tons of car's that nobody care's about like a VW Fox who cares, but they left out Gallardo LP-560 (maybe because I don't have LCE) or really anything exicting that we wanted. We keep asking for cars, and they keep giving us the exact oppisite of what we want. Only complaint.
    Oh, and drifting is alot harder in this one.
    I disagree completely, they filled out the car list and adjusted the PI perfectly. The 560 is a unicorn car now - you should read the list of them. Vette has it all right - FM4 has it's issues, all games do... But overall this is certainly the best racing game I've ever played - and I can say that very easily and with MUCH confidence.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark





  4. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 16,103

    #4

    Default

    I think they put the VW Fox in because of the TopGear car football episode

    But yeah, it was annoying to do 5 (no wait, 6 races) just to get to the stage where Forza 3 started (at least as far as car choices went).

  5. Flo
    Flo is offline Just skate!
    Location: Nuenen, NB
    Posts: 2,393

    #5

    Default

    fm4 is amazing, i agree they should have NOT kept that many cars back, but that's just today's world....... fm4 has it bugs and glitches, but damn they released a patch in the third day! talking bout good service..

    Click for Gallery

  6. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,741

    #6

    Default

    it's those damn focus groups telling duude you should put in my car as well it'll be really coool , which is pointless causing you to have all sorts of rubbish but hey better than any racing game's list anyway on the other side.

  7. Beav is offline Sideways!
     
    Location: England
    Posts: 3,307

    #7

    Default

    Awesome game! Love drifting on it! Shame it has to go back Wednesday. I only rented it but I will be buying when I get paid!

  8. DJdan is offline GT5 Photographer
    Location: Western Europe
    Posts: 1,462

    #8

    Default

    i really like the game as said in my own thread but now that i installed the second disc and my LCE stuff its even moar awesome

    and i just bought a Lamborghini Diablo SV and i love it
    Soul is all you need


  9. Beav is offline Sideways!
     
    Location: England
    Posts: 3,307

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJdan »
    and i just bought a Lamborghini Diablo SV and i love it
    AND ME!! I just converted it to AWD as I thought rear wheel drive/mid-engine might be a bit of a hand full!

  10. DJdan is offline GT5 Photographer
    Location: Western Europe
    Posts: 1,462

    #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftKing »
    AND ME!! I just converted it to AWD as I thought rear wheel drive/mid-engine might be a bit of a hand full!
    well i left it completely stock and the RWD isnt that much of a problem, and my first drive was over Fujimi Kaido.

    i did a complete clean lap too.

    it makes a nice drifter though
    Soul is all you need


  11. Camel is offline Legendary Classic
      
    Posts: 11,510

    #11

    Default

    It's still too easy. Sometimes it's difficult to make it to the front of the pack even though you're seconds per lap faster than the AI but once I get there I drop them like they're not even trying.

    And they are overly aggressive. I've had countless races where they're just took a b-line for the side of my car for no reason before we even make it to the first corner, or try and take you on the inside of the corner using you as a makeshift wall.

    Although one amusing thing is the fact that the game can't handle Pro AI in top-end R1 cars on the Sedona oval. They all go completely crazy. Some end up driving around the edge of the corners with all 4 wheels on the walls and others somehow end up stuck upside down. But the best part is when one of them is going to lap a slower/damaged car, they just either veer off straight into the wall or get a tankslapper and spin out.

    But other than that I think it's a brilliant game.

  12. DJdan is offline GT5 Photographer
    Location: Western Europe
    Posts: 1,462

    #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camel »
    It's still too easy. Sometimes it's difficult to make it to the front of the pack even though you're seconds per lap faster than the AI but once I get there I drop them like they're not even trying.

    And they are overly aggressive. I've had countless races where they're just took a b-line for the side of my car for no reason before we even make it to the first corner, or try and take you on the inside of the corner using you as a makeshift wall.

    Although one amusing thing is the fact that the game can't handle Pro AI in top-end R1 cars on the Sedona oval. They all go completely crazy. Some end up driving around the edge of the corners with all 4 wheels on the walls and others somehow end up stuck upside down. But the best part is when one of them is going to lap a slower/damaged car, they just either veer off straight into the wall or get a tankslapper and spin out.

    But other than that I think it's a brilliant game.

    a 100% agreed
    Soul is all you need


  13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingervette »
    Here are my thoughts:


    -The physics are better, if only slightly. Not as arcade I suppose, I like them.
    -The A.I. have no earthly idea that you exist, so be forewarned. They will hit you. Hard.
    -The photo mode is better, I think. I am no expert on the matter. But I hate having to upload my photos to another server. My crappy internet never connects, so I quit trying.
    -Car sounds seem to be better as well. I quite like the noise the SLS makes. I am also amused by the lack of noise my Volt makes, forcing me to watch the RPM gauge the entire time I drive so I know when to shift.
    -Making money is hilariously easy. So easy that there is no reason to cheat for money this time around. I actually don't think they could have made it any easier, save for handing you money every time you turn on the game. Oh wait, they do.
    -If making money wasn't easy enough, if you drive a car few times, you eventually get the performance upgrades for free, giving you no reason to spend the hilarious amounts of money you have acquired.
    -You can turn the class restrictions off, which makes for a lolafiric time. Just grab a fast car, enter an F class race with the A.I. difficulty set to "professional", and watch the credits roll in.
    -The auction house is a wonderful place to make money. I don't want most of the cars they offer me for leveling up, so I always put them up for auction. For some bizarre reason, other players consistently bid my vehicles to prices that are higher than their in-game value. I'm not complaining, simply confused.
    -Cars are even easy to get. Almost any car a person could desire care given to you at some point, giving you even less of a reason to spend your hilarious amounts of money. Zonda Cinque? Given to you. McLaren F1? Given to you. Bugati Veyron Super Sports? Given to you. The list goes on.


    Overall, I would say the game is more fun than FM3, but we will see how long that lasts.


    Not hating, but...
    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    Last edited by Milli; 22/10/11 at 02:40 AM.

  14. TimBud is offline brmm
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,995

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »


    Not hating, but...
    ...but?

  15. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimBud »
    ...but?
    They just messed with saturation and reflexes... notice how even the clouds are the same. (1st video)

  16. Prophecy is offline Car Aficianado
     
    Location: Sydney, Australia
    Posts: 1,687

    #16

    Default

    Yeah, but what milli? Those are FM3/FM4 comparison videos...

    edit: posted that before I saw your reply, sorry
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/10437427735_3999998294_o.png
    FWD fan.
    No longer Owns his dream car.
    Proud owner of a Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel and Clubsport Pedals
    Oh and a Logitech G920 .

    Forzatographer- FM6 Gallery

  17. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.
     
    Location: Aberdeen, SCO, UK
    Posts: 3,299

    #17

    Default

    I find the physic's much better over 3! I found that on 3 your car would somtimes just go "okay your drifting now!", even if your car had little power, somthing that I just could't get used to thanks to the Great physic's of GT5! F4's physics are much better, can actually drive cars! And have less Aids on(Everything off but manual clutch). So Means I can now enjoy higher powered cars!

    Graphics wise, its about the same for me on my TV, looks better than 3's overbrightness/darkness.

    Thoughts about when pitted agents GT5? Its about 40/60 in my eyes..why? When it comes to cars, sure Forza has cockpit for all the cars, but I find that I'm not useing half the cars. GT for me has more cars I prefer(Obscure Japanese stuff and Kie cars), also the face no cockpit view dosn't bother me that much.

    Not wanting to start a fanboy war...Just stating my personal opinions! I'm a fan of Both the games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

  18. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark
     
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 3,769

    #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    They just messed with saturation and reflexes... notice how even the clouds are the same. (1st video)
    Uh, yep - the clouds, and thats the ONLY thing that is the same. They hired Pixar to do their lighting, and it turned out amazing.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark





  19. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCactus »
    I find the physic's much better over 3! I found that on 3 your car would somtimes just go "okay your drifting now!", even if your car had little power, somthing that I just could't get used to thanks to the Great physic's of GT5! F4's physics are much better, can actually drive cars! And have less Aids on(Everything off but manual clutch). So Means I can now enjoy higher powered cars!

    Graphics wise, its about the same for me on my TV, looks better than 3's overbrightness/darkness.

    Thoughts about when pitted agents GT5? Its about 40/60 in my eyes..why? When it comes to cars, sure Forza has cockpit for all the cars, but I find that I'm not useing half the cars. GT for me has more cars I prefer(Obscure Japanese stuff and Kie cars), also the face no cockpit view dosn't bother me that much.

    Not wanting to start a fanboy war...Just stating my personal opinions! I'm a fan of Both the games!
    The brightness/darkness (Contrast) still strong, if i may... look the M5 video.

    Your opinion is your opinion, i respect, i also love Kei cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence »
    Uh, yep - the clouds, and thats the ONLY thing that is the same. They hired Pixar to do their lighting, and it turned out amazing.
    I don't care about who they hired, but you can't deny that Forza 4 is the 3 just tweaked. Trees, clouds, road textures... everything is the same. Sorry, but it is.
    It is on the video!

  20. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark
     
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 3,769

    #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »

    I don't care about who they hired, but you can't deny that Forza 4 is the 3 just tweaked. Trees, clouds, road textures... everything is the same. Sorry, but it is.
    It is on the video!
    You're downing a game series you have never played - and until you play it, you won't get it. And even WHEN you play it you won't get it because GT5 is just absolutely god to you. This is fine, I respect your opinion, but never, ever say that Forza 4 is exactly like 3 because it isn't even close.

    Forza Motorsport 4 is the pinnacle of racing games, and this is the thread to talk about it's strengths and weaknesses, and you have not played it, or Forza 3, or Forza 2, or Forza.

    The trees, clouds and road textures are still better than GT5 imo, because all Polyphony cared about was making 200 cars look good. Just my opinion, having a friendly debate here, so no one freak out.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark






 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss