1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Official Atari Statement

Posted over at Atari UK boards about 10mins ago:

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mole
    Atari is aware that customers are unhappy with the way information about Xbox Live Marketplace downloads, particularly the Hardcore Mode, has been communicated on official forums recently.

Atari apologises for the confusion which has arisen as dates have shifted as a result of necessary software testing both at Atari and Microsoft.

To clarify the situation, the Hardcore Mode requires Title Update 3 in order to function which was originally planned for the same time as the second downloadable car pack, just before Christmas. The original purpose of Title Update 3 was to support the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, but after a gameplay issue was found, the Update was delayed to deliver a fix, in turn delaying the Hardcore mode.

Regarding the issue of cost of the Hardcore Mode, it appears that because of the original planned timing of the Title Update 3 and Hardcore Mode at the same time as the second download pack before Christmas there was a misunderstanding that the Hardcore Mode would be part of that pack at no extra cost. In fact the Hardcore Mode will be available separately from all other downloads for 160 points.

Title Update 3 will be available in the coming days, followed by the Hardcore Mode within the coming weeks once Microsoft testing is complete. The Test Drive Collection Vol. 3 download pack will also be available in the coming weeks once the testing process is complete. Atari’s first objective is to deliver high quality, and we hope that our customers will appreciate this.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your understanding
    So Update #3 is coming very soon and will introduce FFB support for the wheel, then sometime this month we will have Hardcore mode and the 3rd DLC Pack.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Default Re: Official Atari Statement

i read that like 2 secs after it was posted, WOO i read it first LOL
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

This is good. Should stop confushion and moaning on the Offical forum.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Baxie is offline I am the passenger....

But still no response to those of us tricked into buying the second DLC because it was "required" for the Hardcore mode...

3rd TDU Central Competition #1

5. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by nipper »
    i read that like 2 secs after it was posted, WOO i read it first LOL
    Want a prize? As for Atari, took their time contacting us and well I'm still not happy, sure Pack 3 is in a couple of days (!) and HC mode in a few weeks (How many?!)
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

6. NAD33M is offline the gaming guy

DLC in weeks! THis is January's pack...

7. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

At least we are getting some feedback of them which is a a good start, i hope the rest of the downloads in the future arn't delayed like this

8. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

wats my prize??
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

9. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by nipper »
    What's my prize??
    A quick English lesson..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...