View Poll Results: Would You Like To See TDU-Toolkit (version 2) ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #1

    Arrow Test Drive Unlimited 2

    Test Drive Unlimited (version 2?) Read More . . .

    So with twice as many cars, twice as much road, changing weather conditions and off road racing...

    Im planning ahead with ideas for TDU Toolkit (version 2?) im all excited im about to lose control and i think i like it...

    Apart from hoping its true and Atari/Eden have forgiven us that sinned and moaned on the official forums, would you like to see another toolkit ?

    There a couple of programs i never made for the toolkit and TDU2 would prove a good testing ground for them.

    Start Voting People !!!


  2. TopGearFTW is offline Self-Proclaimed GH Master
    Location: Leeds, W. Yorkshire
    Posts: 71

    #2

    Default

    This entry was posted Wednesday May 9th 2007

    wouldnt we have heard something by now?
    i mean, i'd love there to be a TDU 2 but its been a while since then

  3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,178

    #3

    Default

    TDU2 is underway, that can't be denied, Alone in the Dark 4 or 5 is running on an updated TDU engine, the domains tdu2.com and testdriveunlimited2.com are registered and Eden have been hiring for TDUteam since the middle of this year.

    I honestly think the game will be out September 2008 and follow this tradition of bi-annual releases, 2 years is a good amount of time for development, the only thing I feel that could slow them down is if they develop for both 360 and PS3 as well as the PC of course, though many developers are starting to understand the PS3's architecture now.

    Infogrames are intent on making TDU one of their main titles imo.
    I'm a bit mental.

  4. TopGearFTW is offline Self-Proclaimed GH Master
    Location: Leeds, W. Yorkshire
    Posts: 71

    #4

    Default

    Wow...I must have missed loads of information then

    I hope they do make a PS3 version, is there anything that could hold them back from making one?

    Also lets hope they remember that they did make a PC version this time lol

  5. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopGearFTW »
    Wow...I must have missed loads of information then

    I hope they do make a PS3 version, is there anything that could hold them back from making one?

    Also lets hope they remember that they did make a PC version this time lol
    yes the ps3 is the only platform using blueray technology this could hold em back (hold em back) be the key phrase there...

  6. TopGearFTW is offline Self-Proclaimed GH Master
    Location: Leeds, W. Yorkshire
    Posts: 71

    #6

    Default

    blue-ray can play normal discs as well though i thought.

    or at least thats what i got told

  7. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D
    Location: Espírito Santo, Brazil
    Posts: 3,618

    #7

    Default

    woah, tdu 2, i bearly play the normal version xD

  8. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    TDU2 is underway, that can't be denied, Alone in the Dark 4 or 5 is running on an updated TDU engine, the domains tdu2.com and testdriveunlimited2.com are registered and Eden have been hiring for TDUteam since the middle of this year.

    I honestly think the game will be out September 2008 and follow this tradition of bi-annual releases, 2 years is a good amount of time for development, the only thing I feel that could slow them down is if they develop for both 360 and PS3 as well as the PC of course, though many developers are starting to understand the PS3's architecture now.

    Infogrames are intent on making TDU one of their main titles imo.

    September 2008? That's ok
    In the mean time i'll play Race Driver One

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,178

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    September 2008? That's ok
    In the mean time i'll play Race Driver One
    With the way it's looking with drifting and street races I will wait and see what the game turns out like before I splash the cash for it.
    I'm a bit mental.

  10. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User
    Location: Rotherham, UK
    Posts: 243

    #10

    Default

    I thought he meant toca race driver one do ppl still play that then ?

    well im not sure about the blueray playing normal disc - but im sure developers would welcome creating it on blueray after all holds more data, so squeeze more detail into 1 disc rather than maybe a dual disc install (keep those costs down a fraction) ...

    im not even sure that its any different to create a data disc on blueray, its something ive not really kept on eye on TBH. they could be no difference in how you create them, the difference literally being just the storage capacity
    Last edited by TDU-RAZOR; 17/12/07 at 08:47 AM.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss