1. Andrei221 is offline TDU FREAK

Default Have key , cd lost

Hey guys. I lost my DVD with Test Drive Unlimited but i still got the key... how can i still play tdu with that cd key if i don't have the dvd? can i get one backup from the internet and put MY cd key?it will work?

2. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

You already been answered on official forums, you cant - you have to buy another copy of TDU or break the law (which cant play online anyway) so they you have it...

christmas round the corner write a letter to santa

3. Andrei221 is offline TDU FREAK

for christmass i'll get myself a new pc...

but why the cd key won't work? because it's original

4. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

ok come on man i dont mind helping people but if you want to make yourself look daft (no problem) allow me ...

1) you have original TDU and BOX with proper CDKEY and installed it

2) you admit you havent played it much, but this admission means it was installed

3) you claim to have misplaced your actual CD but still have the CDKEY

4) so with tdu installed on HDD why would you need to download the files ?

can i get one backup from the internet
    you would be in the same boat if you downloaded them again as you will still have only the files and no CD regardless of your CDKEY !!!

in plain english you need a new CD which you buy from the SHOPS or from DIGITAL DOWNLOAD or BREAK THE LAW by using another menthod of launching the game.

5. Andrei221 is offline TDU FREAK

Man , i reinstalled my windows - i forgot to tell you - if i had it allready installed i wouldn't ask about it.

6. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

still makes no difference - you still dont have a CD !!!

your missing the entire point, makes ZERO difference whether you have the games files or not without the CD you cant launch the program.

im answering your question in the only way it can be answered - you asked...

how can i still play tdu with that cd key if i don't have the dvd?
    the answer is...

you have to buy another copy of TDU
    and by doing so your present CDKEY is rendered useless. but you will then have a new CDKEY with your new CD
    Last edited by TDU-RAZOR; 16/12/07 at 14:33 PM.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

You could contact your regional Atari office and show your proof of purchase and they might replace your old copy, however don't say you lost it, just say it's damaged and the shop won't take it back. Bare in mind though proof is required and even then it's upto them to give you a replacement as goodwill.

No promises though!
    I'm a bit mental.