Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Default Need For Speed Pro Street

Any of you guys got it yet? I'm going to buy it anyway even if it does have an overall bad rating. But just so I know what's to come have any of you played it and what do you think of it, good points bad points.

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

I have the game! Just got it this past weekend I don't know bout the bad reviews, but I enjoy this game! It's way better than carbon, that's one reason.

Pros:
    1. Many cars!
    2. You really have to use your breaks this time when taking corners. Grip racing physics feel a bit like Gran Turismo? (Shoot me if I have offended someone.)
    3. Better Graphics
    4. You don't have to pay when you want to add decals, vinyls and to paint your car.
    5. Advanced Customization and Tuning

Cons:
    1. No free roam
    2. You can't just customize cars for fun when not in career mode. (AKA Garage in the previous games.)

anyone wanna add to the list?

3. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Oh no looks like I have to buy it now, I said I would buy the first game that has the Veyron in it.

Look at the car list that is hidden:

info from nfsunlimited

Aston Martin DB9
    Aston Martin DBR9
    Audi R8
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    Dodge Challenger Concept
    Koenigsegg CCX
    Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
    Lancia Delta Integrale Evo
    McLaren F1
    Mercedes SL65 AMG
    Plymouth Road Runner
    Porsche 911 GT3
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Seat Leon Cupra
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

4. Telos is offline Eternal Being

Oh...that must be nice experience This game is already on my wanted list but I guess I'll wait a while before I get it and play my previous games first.

5. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

lol i thot they were only gonna have 8 supercars in it...

6. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

OM*G What the hell

Cons:
    1. No free roam
    2. You can't just customize cars for fun when not in career mode. (AKA Garage in the previous games.)
    those are like the most fun things you can actually do.

No free roam has really ticked me off.

But I'll still buy the game to see what it's like.

Thanks for the information
    RB26DETT

7. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by S71NG3R »
    Oh no looks like I have to buy it now, I said I would buy the first game that has the Veyron in it.

Look at the car list that is hidden:

info from nfsunlimited

Aston Martin DB9
    Aston Martin DBR9
    Audi R8
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    Dodge Challenger Concept
    Koenigsegg CCX
    Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
    Lancia Delta Integrale Evo
    McLaren F1
    Mercedes SL65 AMG
    Plymouth Road Runner
    Porsche 911 GT3
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Seat Leon Cupra
    WOAH! Those aren't in my game... DAMN IT! I think that's if you get the Collectors Edition. The only supercars in the game that I can recall are the Lambo LP640, Zonda F, Cayman S(?), 911 GT2, 911 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    OM*G What the hell

those are like the most fun things you can actually do.

No free roam has really ticked me off.

But I'll still buy the game to see what it's like.

Thanks for the information [/i]RB26DETT
    no prob mate!

8. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT »
    WOAH! Those aren't in my game... DAMN IT! I think that's if you get the Collectors Edition. The only supercars in the game that I can recall are the Lambo LP640, Zonda F, Cayman S(?), 911 GT2, 911 Turbo
    oh bugger... i think i just nuggeted myself with the post... didn't see that baldred posted the hidden list or the unreleased car list.

DAMN!

DIABLO!!! NUGGET IS HERE BABY!!!

9. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT »
    oh bugger... i think i just nuggeted myself with the post... didn't see that baldred posted the hidden list or the unreleased car list.

DAMN!

DIABLO!!! NUGGET IS HERE BABY!!!
    I think you have now as you said baldred not me . It's bad enough one mod being forced to buy pro street without dragging baldred's name down to the NFS world too.

10. RB26DETT is offline Banned

DOUBLE NUGGET!!!

Man, what's wrong with me today....

11. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

I have to apologise in advice to Diablo for this but I have taken my losing bet on the chin and got Pro Street. Now sorry to have this in such a nice forum but just to let you know what I am having to play. Also like the team player I am I have made a vid so you can see for yourself what it's like. Then you don't/do have to buy it.

You see I think there is a hidden gem here I don't know how they did this but just maybe there is some fun here. Lets just say I was lost for words after a few races.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

12. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Sorry I don't know if your being sarcastic or not Stinger, do you like the game or not?

What are yours like and unlikes about the game?

13. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

Disclaimer: This post is the view of S71NG3R, and does not represent the views of the other tdu-central staff.

Well with the risk of being banned from this forum it is good. Much better than all the underground NFS's and more like the first ones. But you can still add body kits and spoil a perfectly good car if you want to.

Grip racing and most race days use a lot of grip racing.

Cars are harder to drive so you have to use the brakes, yes I was shocked too.

lots of track combinations and some are of real life tracks like Mondello park in the vid.

It's more like a toca game than a NFS game with tuning and setups. Also the way the cars handle is more like toca, not played Fonza 2 so don't know if they are as close as EA say. The cars feel waited so you can feel the body roll more so than any semi-sim game I've played before.

I was most impressed with the AI the best by a long way. Ok they are programmed to make mistakes as you could see from the vid. But they are very random so no race is ever the same.

The sound of the cars is very good and the tyres sound right too.

I like the race days idea so you have to look after the car or pay to fix it. The cars have to last the full race day so if you don't want to pay money then drive carefully. Or you can use insurance tokens if you have won any or bought some.

Dislikes:

It's still NFS so you get all the flashy bits and balloons.

The announcers are the worst parts by far and they should have been put to sleep not paid by EA. lucky you can turn them down or off.

Drifting is very bad but once you get to know how the car slides you just do it and move on.

Drag racing is fun but all over too soon and I'm not a big fan off drag racing anyway.

The speed racing is very much like normal NFS games where you just have to drive flat-out so not a lot of fun. But it gives you a break from the other racing I guess.

The changes you make to the setup should be more noticeable. Like you should be able to feel the changes, but maybe it's because I'm more for full sim racing.

Overall thought:

I would say get it for the grip racing and don't expect too much and it can be a fun game. If you hate the NFS world with a passion then you will be better off leaving it on the shop shelf.
    Last edited by Baldy; 01/12/07 at 18:33 PM.

14. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Thanks S71NG3R, i think i'll leave it on the shop shelf
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

15. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Loved all but hated all the news ones so I might buy it when its £20 but untill then.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

16. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by S71NG3R »
    [cut too long] (in a good way )

I would say get it for the grip racing and don't expect too much and it can be a fun game. If you hate the NFS world with a passion then you will be better off leaving it on the shop shelf.
    Thanks S71NG3R Good review, trust your more than the random ones on the net who are *cough* paid by EA
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

17. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Thanks Stinger, that's put everything into perspective for me now.

18. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quick Drift vid with the M3 E46!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e8T8W-3pGgo

19. Telos is offline Eternal Being

Makes me wanna buy the game even more. I guessed it would be just my kind of game but what Stinger wrote it would be almost perfect for me Too bad forza 2 arrived yesterday so I'm tied to that for a while...

20. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

hmm, I played ProStreet on my cousin's PS3 and I have to say the controls were terrible... it was near impossible to get the cars around the corner, and in the drags, its very difficult to get your tyres up to temperature properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last