Results 1 to 14 of 14

  1. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #1

    Default Santas warned not to 'ho ho ho'

    More PC Nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by BT Yahoo News
    SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

    Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

    One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

    "Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

    "We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.
    "Leave Santa alone."

    A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.


  2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble
       
    Location: Lancashire, UK
    Posts: 5,812

    #2

    Default

    thats really stupid this world is a mess. Enough said.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

    "Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"


  3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,622

    #3

    Default

    OMG that really is taking the biscuit. I would go against it if I was a Santa and say 'ho, ho, ho'. It's like this crap that we have to not do this because it may be offensive to that minority or group, well like I always say; If you want to be in this country embrace our culture like you would expect us to do with yours should the roles be reversed. You can't have it one way only!

    Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas !!

    Plus I thought it was 'hoe' no ho.
    I'm a bit mental.

  4. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.
     
    Location: Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts: 3,223

    #4

    Default

    Ho Ho Ho came first, long before the Americanization of the word 'whore' by lazy, half arsed gangsters. this is ridiculous.

    why should the world change because of some recently made up term?
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

    I'm not dead!

  5. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #5

    Default

    This is unbelievable just goes to show how messed up this world is.

    Here are some other stupid things,

    You know the Harry Potter books/films well the 3rd/4th not sure was originally named Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone, but the Americans changed it to " Harry Potter and the Sorceress Stone " because they thought it was to hard for the children to pronounce.

    My mother went to China on holidays for 2-3 weeks. And she had a tour guide and she was Chinese and her Chinese name was Yaw. But when the Americans come on holidays to China and they have a tour guide with a Chinese name which is to difficult for the to pronounce they've changed it so that they all have American names. I was shocked to hear this.

    So instead of calling her Yaw her birth name they gave her a name tag of Lucy. I know Yaw isn't a hard word to pronounce but some others are yes, but you don't complain you just practice until you say it correctly.
    Last edited by eleKtro; 15/11/07 at 20:45 PM.

  6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,622

    #6

    Default

    Watch your language guys.
    I'm a bit mental.

  7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Watch your language guys.
    Sorry, just annoyed.

  8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad
    Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts: 3,278

    #8

    Default

    I nearly fell off my seat laughing with this, unbelivable. Out local shopping cneter banned chirstmas tree for some strange reason like this, complatly cray, it did the exact oppersite and the people it was suppose to stop being offened got offended becouse they thought they would get offended if that makes sence.

    If children start thinking father christmas wants a prositute they should send them to a hospital not change what he says.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

  9. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Metz, France
    Posts: 1,173

    #9

    Default

    LoL...

  10. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #10

    Default

    That's ridiculous.
    Like the kids that believe in santa know what a ho is.
    They don't say the "H" word.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  11. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #11

    Default

    Un-frickin-believable. I'm really shocked...Like you all said, kids won't know what the H-word means, neither do I think they care... I mean seriously, "ho ho ho" has been the traditional Christmas greeting for the longest time. To change it just because a few women think it will corrupt the childrens' minds is complete pig crap. I mean, why only think about it now, not however long ago when the slang Ho was invented?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  12. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 2,754

    #12

    Default

    exactly!
    anyway farmers also use the word too lol
    i cant believe damn americans (no offence) changing our names (lol im chinese with a christian name..but still) cos they cant pronounce them...might as well like change french,russian and whatever language cos THEY CANT FRIGGIN PRONOUCE IT

  13. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #13

    Default

    What's wrong with saying ho, ho, ho. In America, young kids who never heard the word ho never hear the slang word at all. So if in the US this isn't a problem, why is it in Austrialia?

  14. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARK1992 »
    exactly!
    anyway farmers also use the word too lol
    i cant believe damn americans (no offence) changing our names (lol im chinese with a christian name..but still) cos they cant pronounce them...might as well like change french,russian and whatever language cos THEY CANT FRIGGIN PRONOUCE IT
    That thing about Americans (no offense guys) made me remember an article by either Mark Walton or Gavin Green in CAR Magazine... When faced with a word that's hard to pronounce (aluminium for example - even the computer wants to auto-correct for me ), they just shorten it or pronounce it however they feel like it. Texans seem to be the stereotype here...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss