1. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Default Til Death Do Us Part.....

My console has decided to show me the 3 red lights today...

Why have so many consoles gone recently? (Diablo's, Hybrid's and now mine)

Going away tomorrow, it has only been about a month since it got back from M$ due to it's disc-drive messing up....

I am extremely tempted to ditch the 360 and buy a new computer instead as I have had no end of troubles with them since I bought one last year (about 15 months ago).
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Oh no
    I saw you log-in today for the last time in a while probably

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Sorry to hear that nipper, I'm thinking this generation of games are pushing the 360's innards hard and thus the failing components are happening frequently.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Sorry to hear that nipper, I'm thinking this generation of games are pushing the 360's innards hard and thus the failing components are happening frequently.
    That is actually a very reasonable explanation, hadn't thought of that one lol

Kinda scary when the current games aren't really pushing it all the way to its limit yet (from what I read anyways)

@ Mb: I turned my box on, got to dashboard, went to play some music and it froze, after that it just kept giving me the 3RLoD
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

5. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

What music did you listen, was it Lord of the RINGS?

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

6. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

Mine's dead aswell...on my birthday :-(

I made a crappy video on my phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlZWiPboymk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

But you said on the comments that it's fine now :| Because you took a vacuum to it. Or is that 3 days ago, and this is now...

Sorry to hear all the Xbox community is suffering vast amounts of RLoDs

*evil laugh* - joke.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

8. MaDaSp7 is offline 1993 - 2003

Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    I am extremely tempted to ditch the 360 and buy a new computer instead as I have had no end of troubles with them since I bought one last year (about 15 months ago).
    I can sympathise with you, me being on my third 360, the hardware does nothing to endear itself to you does it, if it wasn't for the games then I think I would have given up on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPGEAR DOG »
    Mine's dead aswell...on my birthday :-(

I made a crappy video on my phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlZWiPboymk
    What a downer for this to happen on your birthday, have a good one regardless.

Wishing you both a speedy resolution.
    "Risk it for the biscuit, as my dad says" - Lewis Hamilton

"If you make a car too adjustable people fiddle with it and most drivers haven't got a clue what they're doing" - Gordon Murray

9. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

I am beginning to think it's M$ plan all along.

Remember at childhood when you could not play anymore because you were told to, it was the end of the world. Then when you went back it was the happiest day of you life and you never wanted the fun to end.

Now when the RLOD happens it's the end of the world but when you get it back you want to keep it forever.

So you will love it a lot longer.
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

10. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

I worked since sunday but it wasn't working this moirning but i just did the towel trick and i have life!...for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Careful TG, do that too much and MS will know when you do eventually send it back and will not repair it for free.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Careful TG, do that too much and MS will know when you do eventually send it back and will not repair it for free.
    They can tell???

How???

I thought the towel trick just absorbed the moisture from the circuit boards??
    ||||||||||||||||||

13. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

i suppose they will be able to tell, because the 3RLoD will be in the console's boot log, then (after the towel trick) it will dissapear for a few boots, then they will see another RRoD in the boot log, a break, then another one, with increasing frequency...
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

14. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Well, when mine got the 3 Red Lights it would work intermittently. So I could play a game for 20 seconds or so but would crash. I kept trying it and that would also show in the boot log like you stated, wouldn't it? I don't think they could "prove" you'd used the towel trick.

15. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

well, if it crashed every 20 seconds the boot log would show a restart every 20 seconds, which im sure would make them realize it was unhealthy, generally, from what i've heard, if you use the towel trick, then it works flawlessly for about 3 weeks... *scratches head*
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

16. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

^^^ miner works for a week if im lucky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Sorry to hear the news Nipper, as you may notice I haven't been on here much!

Missing TDU way too much for my own good ... I've started reading these things called books ... theyre amazing! ... oh also for once my flat is reasonably clean too!!!!!
    I'd rather be topless !